Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian

*NEW* Mock Draft w/ DHall trade and other trades

3 posts in this topic

After hours of consideration, I have a new standpoint, and yes, it still includes a Quinn trade, but it allows us to get Brian Brohm (probably).

First, I vote we trade down with Baltimore for their 1st and 2nd. If Jonathan Odgen retires, and it seems very likely at this point, the team will need a top notch tackle to replace him. I am sure they would jump at the thought of drafting Jake Long, and the Dolphins (unlikely) draft him, then they can definitely get Ryan Clady, which the Chiefs might snatch up.

This leaves the Falcons with the #8 pick and the #38 pick (4 picks in the second round!!)

Now, if the draft pans out like this (most likely)

1-1)Chris Long

1-2)Vernon Gholston

1-3)Jake Long

1-4) Sedrick Ellis

1-5) Ryan Clady

1-6) Darren McFadden

1-7) Leodis McKelvin

1-8) With the 8th pick of the NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select:

if you haven't realized, the man we would probably take at #3 is still available at#8, one spot before the Bengals who would definitely draft him. Also, if over the next month we decide Glenn Dorsey is too much of an injury risk, then we can take our premier LT, Chris Williams.

Now our draft picks look like:

1) Glenn Dorsey/Chris Williams

2)

2)

2)

2)

3)

3comp)

4)

5)

6)

6)

7)

7)

OR

and I think this is interesting - the Bengals are sitting with the 9th overall pick, and they want Dorsey BADLY. I believe we could swap our 1st and 4th for their 1st and 3rd.

Now we have 3 (only if we get a 3rd compensation pick for Kerney) 3rd round picks, and we are still able to draft our premier LT, Chris Williams.

Now our final draft looks like this:

1) Chris Williams

2)

2)

2)

2)

3)

3)

3comp)

4)

5)

6)

6)

7)

7)

I mean WOW. We can do ANYTHING we want now. Literally.

Also, by doing this, the "Top 10" draft pick QB, Matt Ryan, has not been drafted yet. Currently, the only team left in the first round that is seriously considering taking a QB with their first choice are: Chicago. If Chicago drafts Ryan, then Brohm will most definitely fall to the 2nd round. Now the only team who poses a threat to us for Brohm is Miami, but if we swap our last second round choice (from Houston) with our 4th round choice to the Dolphins for their second round choice and 5th round choice, then we land Brohm.

So now our draft looks like:

1) Chris Williams

2) Brian Brohm

2)

2)

2)

3)

3)

3comp)

5)

5)

6)

6)

7)

7)

With 3 3rd round choices, I see us trading one of them with our 2009 5th round pick to get back into the 2nd round to take a DT.

Now for the entire draft:

1) Chris Williams (LT)

2) Brian Brohm (QB)

2) Brandon Flowers (CB)

2) Jerod Mayo (MLB)

2) Carl Nicks (RT)

2) Trevor Laws (DT)

3) Josh Barret (S)

3comp) Heath Benedict (OG)

5) DJ Hall (WR)

5) Tommy Blake (DE)

6) Zack Bowman (CB)

6) DJ Wolfe (CB/S)

7) Antohny Aldridge (RB)

7) Brandon Coutu (K)

UDFA

Jayson Foster (WR/RB/KR)

Derek Lokey (DT)

Marrio Urrutia (WR)

Shannon Tevaga (OG)

This would be absolutey perfect in my opinion.

Every need is filled, with stellar players.

As for the Quinn trade, we could trade one of our (last-from Houston) 2nd round pick plus our 2009 2nd round pick for Brady Quinn, so you could basically interchange Quinn's name with Brohm's and we would have the same mock.