Is Va. Tech ???

Tandy Gossett

Frank Beamer is absolutely one of the classiest coaches in Division 1 football.. he has control of that team... there was no way of knowing the issues that the vick brothers would of brought.. and there is no way that brandon ore getting kicked off the team for being lazy taint VT as being an absolute top notch program in the Division 1... i will never agree with that...

Nope!  Never like Miami.  They were a BAD BOY program.  Va Tech will never be like that.  I can guarantee that.  We had some unfortunate situations and players slip through the cracks but the team we are building is NOWHERE near what Miami was doing back in the 80's and 90's.  Ore messed his own career up and that had nothing to do with Va Tech.  He was never motivated.

I'm pretty sure Beamer dismissed Vick and Ore, and two star players last year (Chris Ellis and Josh Morgan) got in trouble with the law last season and were suspended for a game.

College kids do dumb things, it happens at every school, but Beamer disciplines for it.

falconva7 (3/20/2008)
I'm pretty sure Beamer dismissed Vick and Ore, and two star players last year (Chris Ellis and Josh Morgan) got in trouble with the law last season and were suspended for a game.

College kids do dumb things, it happens at every school, but Beamer disciplines for it.

I feel ya ... it just seems like they have bad luck at getting players that are in trouble ... but your right ... now that I sit back and think about it ... look at Alabama this year ... with all their player issues ... but the sad thing about Alabama ... Saban doesn't think he should have to punish the players for their off the field issues ... :ermm: