If you could go back in time to 2007 draft. First round. WHo would you pick?

malk2.0

I have nothing against Anderson but Im just curious. If you could go back in time and pick a player in the first round last year, who would you get?

If you pick a player that isnt worth the 8th overall, we will just assume you traded down for that player.

Explain why you picked that player.

I picked Patrick willis. The dude is a monster and he would be the new leader of our defense.

We wouldnt have to worry about finding a replacement for brooking and we could easily move him back to WLB or just cut him this year if we got willis last year.

willis because he is ILB to take over for brooking. kid was a beast at mississippi in college and i thought he would succeed in the nfl too. i definitely did not predict such amazing numbers as he had but i knew he was a good one. amobi okoye would be my second choice. sad thing is both were available for us

No doubt Willis.....man I would love to have him as our MLB...Boley as our SLB and move Brooking back to WLB. Get Dorsey this year and we would be set on D. But we choose a guy that we didnt even interview....oh well....hopefully he will shine in his 2nd year, like Mario did. If not...we got another bust in the 1st.

I like Amobi. He was a force to be reckoned with, and just turned 20 before the season. He should improve drastically, even though he is great now. And we wouldn't be looking at DT's this year. But Willis is sick as **** too. And I would also be cool with trading up to Washington, who WANTED TO TRADE DOWN and pick Adrian Peterson in the 6th.

But, since it is after the fact, who cares. I hope TD can evaluate players better than McKay, and we don't have to worry about getting busts in the top 10 anymore.

Amobi Okoye or Patrick Willis.  I would have given the nod to Okoye.

I think Jamaal has a ton of potential and a very bright future, but when they called his name at our selection I was absolutely FLOORED.

We better not get any surprise like that in this draft. :ermm:

sporkdevil (3/19/2008)
I like Amobi. He was a force to be reckoned with, and just turned 20 before the season. He should improve drastically, even though he is great now. And we wouldn't be looking at DT's this year. But Willis is sick as **** too. And I would also be cool with trading up to Washington, who WANTED TO TRADE DOWN and pick Adrian Peterson in the 6th.

But, since it is after the fact, who cares. I hope TD can evaluate players better than McKay, and we don't have to worry about getting busts in the top 10 anymore.

They should allow me to volunteer scout. Like do the busy work like watching tape over and over again or something. I'd do that. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't get bored with watching tape after tape of players.

I kinda want to be a scout but since my parents weren't involved in football, it would be hard for me.

in the draft i would have taken Willis, but first and foremost i would had done everything in my power to keep Patrick Kerney in a falcons uniform.

but shiz happens so we gotta live with a project DE that may or may not bust. and we still lack a true MLB but hopefully if we get DT help in the draft, then Brooking will suffice till he retires.