Grady Jackson

chazbykr

Grady Jackson, DT, Jacksonville Jaguars

Run-stopping defensive tackles are hard to find, which maintains Jackson's market value. He's 35, but he's still good enough to start. Not only is Jackson immovable on running downs, he can push the pocket on passing downs. He got out of Atlanta early last season and ended up playing well for the Jaguars down the stretch.

Teams had to give up multiple draft choices for Marcus Stroud, Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers. Jackson is available for a phone call and the right money.

If Grady can play with the defense. He would normally bust through the line, and sometimes he would be lucky and make some tackles for loss. Other times, he would not be where he should have been, and there was a big run up the middle. He even said he didn't do what he was supposed to do (take the double team) and just tried to improve his stats.

However, he is cheap. I would be great with him as a situational guy, and only if he can play in the scheme we set out for him.

bigduke633 (3/19/2008)
Pass on grady.I remember people running right where he was supposed to be.He would simply whiff.He had 9 tackles in 8 games with jacksonville.

yea cause nose tackles usually rack up the tackles. That man shuts down the run, fyi.

The word that came out of Jacksonville was Grady Jackson was said to have made race remarks about the QB situation and also the Mike Vick situation with the team and that is why the team got him the heck out of Dodge. There is no room for this type of stupidity in the NFL of course the Jags  James "Shack Harris who only brings in black QB's to Jacksonville had no problems with Jackson's comments as they are probably his own. As the odds of a team not having a white QB on the roster or even looked at one since he became in charge and the fact that he passed on Brady Quinn when they had no idea how their QB situation was at the time because David Garrard looked bad when he filled in for Leftwich the year before going to be and that they brought in Daunte Culpepper for a look. Then when they dropped Gray the only QB they looked at was Cleo Lemon another black QB. So Jackson and his racist views fit right in with James "Shack Harris Vice president of player personnel for the Jaguars and the person who brought him to Jacksonville. This was all over talk radio in Jacksonville:w00t:

If Grady did make any racially charge comments about the ATL Qb situation then I don't want any part of him.

Racism is wrong, White on Black, Black on White, Black on Asian, White on Latino, whatever the form it is in it is pointless , ignorant and does not help anyone grow.

We are all people and we all are on this giant rock so let's try to keep an open mind and enjoy the ride!

Oh and go Falcons!!  I expect this to be an amazing draft for us!

bigduke633 (3/19/2008)
Pass on grady.I remember people running right where he was supposed to be.He would simply whiff.He had 9 tackles in 8 games with jacksonville.

That doesn't mean anything. DTs in the NFL aren't supposed to get that much tackles. Grady didn't start any of his 9 games. John Henderson, started 15 games and had only 38 tackles. That's a little more than 2 tackles a game, and he's an elite DT. Grady is a good DT so his stats aren't bad.

However, that doesn't mean I want him back though.

Grady Jackson has been a team cancer everywhere he has played. Yea, he performed OK when he was here. But remember the lawsuit? He pulled the same crap in Green Bay. He was OK, but he wasn't that great. And at 35 now...No. Move along. His time is up. He can be replaced.

That's what we got all these draft picks for.

jgentry162 (3/19/2008)
The word that came out of Jacksonville was Grady Jackson was said to have made race remarks about the QB situation and also the Mike Vick situation with the team and that is why the team got him the heck out of Dodge. There is no room for this type of stupidity in the NFL of course the Jags  James "Shack Harris who only brings in black QB's to Jacksonville had no problems with Jackson's comments as they are probably his own. As the odds of a team not having a white QB on the roster or even looked at one since he became in charge and the fact that he passed on Brady Quinn when they had no idea how their QB situation was at the time because David Garrard looked bad when he filled in for Leftwich the year before going to be and that they brought in Daunte Culpepper for a look. Then when they dropped Gray the only QB they looked at was Cleo Lemon another black QB. So Jackson and his racist views fit right in with James "Shack Harris Vice president of player personnel for the Jaguars and the person who brought him to Jacksonville. This was all over talk radio in Jacksonville:w00t:

Thank you for proving your ignorance. The Jags didnt draft Quinn because they had a 1st round pick on the roster in Leftwich, and knew Garrard was a capable starter. They also KNEW they had to get a safety because Deon Grant left VIA Free Agency to Seattle. Reggie Nelson was the perfect pick and fit for Jacksonville. As far as "black" Qbs. I believe their 3rd string QB this year was Brian Bouman, and oh yes he was WHITE. So stfu. Second Grady Jackson was cut by Petrino, because he felt he wasnt very good, yet he led the team in sacks at the time. Honestly please take a moment to reflect on your posts, before you post total ignorance. Thanks.

somecut8 (3/20/2008)
bigduke633 (3/19/2008)

That doesn't mean anything. DTs in the NFL aren't supposed to get that much tackles. Grady didn't start any of his 9 games. John Henderson, started 15 games and had only 38 tackles. That's a little more than 2 tackles a game, and he's an elite DT. Grady is a good DT so his stats aren't bad.

However, that doesn't mean I want him back though.

Babineaux had 41 tackles last year and was a backup.Henderson is double teamed and a little over hyped.

"Thank you for proving your ignorance. The Jags didnt draft Quinn because they had a 1st round pick on the roster in Leftwich, and knew Garrard was a capable starter"

Garrard looked like crap in the games he played when Leftwich got hurt at the end of season before last. Everyone in Jacksonville were happy as heck that Quinn fell to them and when Jacksonville didn't take him and then brought in Culpepper is when all race issues started on the local talk radio and now them bringing in Cleo Lemon only hammers the nail in more on James Harris being a racist.

jgentry162 (3/19/2008)

Yeah, I'm with you (sarcasm on).  So I guess all the GMs that bring in nothing but white QBs are just plain racists too.

bigduke633 (3/19/2008)

That doesn't say much seeing how stout their line was. Only problem I saw was him over running plays on play action and getting burned last year. He's just gotta learn to plug and stay put.