Wait for Stafford, Dont hitch the wagon to a high priced flop this year. Be patient

hawkeyes

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Headshot (3/19/2008)
And you're absolutely positive that in 2009 we will be guaranteed to get Mathew Stafford?

The experts are saying Stafford will go #1 next year if he comes out.  They say he is the next Elway.  I think he is more like Troy Aikmen.  We would have to foind away to trade up to get him just like Dan Reeves did to get Vickie.

A. From what I know and have heard from most UGA fans that know about the situation Matt will stay for his Sr. year.

B. Where has anyone said he'd be #1 if he came out NEXT year. I know Kiper has said before that he has the ability to be the #1 pick when he comes out but that is the extent of what Ive ever seen.

Jgator2113 (3/19/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/19/2008)
I think Stafford will stay for another year. If UGA lose him to the draft, Logan Gray ( better version of Shockley) will replace him.

Logan is good but he not better than DJ was.

IMO, Logan has chance to be the better version of DJ.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/19/2008)
Jgator2113 (3/19/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/19/2008)
I think Stafford will stay for another year. If UGA lose him to the draft, Logan Gray ( better version of Shockley) will replace him.

Logan is good but he not better than DJ was.

IMO, Logan has chance to be the better version of DJ.

Im just basisng mine having seen both play at the same stage of their carrers. Logans arm isnt as strong as DJ.

Celt (3/19/2008)
Stafford will be a JR next year.........

If Stafford is siting there right in front of us and at the first pick and we got al this money tied up in Ryan who I think will flop.  That would be awful if we couldnt get Stafford.  We need to be patient and wait.  I think DJ and Redman could good for a year or two.

hawkeyes (3/19/2008)
Headshot (3/19/2008)
And you're absolutely positive that in 2009 we will be guaranteed to get Mathew Stafford?

The experts are saying Stafford will go #1 next year if he comes out.  They say he is the next Elway.  I think he is more like Troy Aikmen.  We would have to foind away to trade up to get him just like Dan Reeves did to get Vickie.

What experts (and you dont count as one:)?  Show me the link on that please.....Stafford has been ok, but I have not seen anything out of him YET that makes me think he is the second coming or anything.

marvinthemartian (3/19/2008)
hawkeyes (3/19/2008)
Headshot (3/19/2008)

What experts (and you dont count as one:)?  Show me the link on that please.....Stafford has been ok, but I have not seen anything out of him YET that makes me think he is the second coming or anything.

680 had an insider on saying what the experts thought.  He said Stafford will be the #1 player in the draft if he comes out next year.

I don't see Stafford leaving UGA before his eligibility is up.  He'll **** near be a 4 year starter when he enters the draft.

As far as waiting for him... um, who knows.  We aren't taking Matt Ryan.  I'd bet the farm on it if I owned a farm.  If we take a QB in the 2nd, it doesn't tie us up the way taking one at #3 would... so if they didn't show us a spark after 2 years, we could still rationalize making a move (if need be) to get Stafford.

I hate talking about drafting UGA players on this board.  People just assume you're a blind homer for even bringing it up.  God forbid the Falcons draft a great player if he went to UGA.  Never mind the fact that UGA consistently has top recruiting classes, top talent on game days, and puts out quality players at many positions into the NFL (though history is not so kind with the QBs there).

Carter (3/19/2008)
I don't see Stafford leaving UGA before his eligibility is up.  He'll **** near be a 4 year starter when he enters the draft.

As far as waiting for him... um, who knows.  We aren't taking Matt Ryan.  I'd bet the farm on it if I owned a farm.  If we take a QB in the 2nd, it doesn't tie us up the way taking one at #3 would... so if they didn't show us a spark after 2 years, we could still rationalize making a move (if need be) to get Stafford.

I hate talking about drafting UGA players on this board.  People just assume you're a blind homer for even bringing it up.  God forbid the Falcons draft a great player if he went to UGA.  Never mind the fact that UGA consistently has top recruiting classes, top talent on game days, and puts out quality players at many positions into the NFL (though history is not so kind with the QBs there).

It's tough to claim that you're not biased when you have a Dawg in your sig and pic.  I've read quite a few of Hawkeye's posts and he is a homer......

hawkeyes (3/19/2008)
marvinthemartian (3/19/2008)
hawkeyes (3/19/2008)
Headshot (3/19/2008)

680 had an insider on saying what the experts thought.  He said Stafford will be the #1 player in the draft if he comes out next year.

You ever wonder who bought the national enquirer.....Bat boy finds elvis on the cover type of pulp magazine at the checkout?I did,turns out there a lot of unnamed sources and it was in south america.After awhile I realize elvis is dead and there is no bat boy.The insider at 680 is on top of things though.Hes out of belize isnt he?

Butterbean (3/19/2008)
It's tough to claim that you're not biased when you have a Dawg in your sig and pic.  I've read quite a few of Hawkeye's posts and he is a homer......

I wasn't speaking for Hawkeye.

Would it lend credibility to my post stating that UGA has some very good players if I had some other team in my sig?  Please.  Teams all over the country have some outstanding talent... Georgia Tech, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, etc etc etc.  But because I like UGA, I'm a biased homer if I talk about the potential of a UGA football player?

I went to UGA, and played at UGA, just to prelude. While Stafford has a ton of ability and promise, AND is improving...I still dont know why people are so smitten. DJ Shockley, Green, and sadly Quincy Carter were all better QB's for UGA.

That being said, people are nutting over a guy who threw 19 picks in what I deem a sorry ##### conference...sooooo who knows?

delaigle (3/19/2008)
Can you name one UGA QB that make it in the NFL over the last 25 years??

Belue didn't Zier didn't, Green hasn't yet, Schokley hasn't yet. (can't evenremember the others)

Don't overrate stafford yet!!

So you'll discount Stafford's talents because the QB's before him haven't done much in the NFL? That has to be the dumbest reason ever. What do they have to do with Stafford? Now I am a UGA FAN, but I do not think Stafford has fully grasped the QB position yet in college. If he makes half of the progression from year 2 to year 3 that he did from year 1 to year 2, then I think he will be just about there. If you actually watch him drop back and throw the ball you will see a strong similarity between him and Elway. The way he whips his legs to add something to the throw along with that cannon of an arm is definitely impressive. He definitely needs to stay for his senior season, though, so that he fully matures into that position. He's gonna be a good pro.