FalconFan's New Mock Draft

First let me explain that I am trying a new scenario that may be a little crazy, but.. Plus I am including the D. Hall picks for the first time. I think that TD is desperately trying to stock up on draft picks. We have a lot of holes to fill and he wants to do it with excellent talent from the first and second round. So, the way I see it, trading down from our #3 pick will put us in great shape to pick up more draft picks. KC would love to get Jake Long or Matt Ryan, and if either are available, TD will have the option to shop the pick. KC ends up trading us their #5 and #35 = 2250 and we send them #3 and #100 = 2300.

Draft:

MIA 1-1: Matt Ryan - QB

STL 1-2: Chris Long - DE

KC 1-3 (From Atlanta): Jake Long - OT

Oakland 1-4: Darren Mcfadden - RB

Atlanta 1-5 (From KC): Glenn Dorsey - DT

NY Jets 1-6: Seddrick Ellis - DT

NE Patriots 1-7: Vernon Gholston - DE

Baltimore 1-8: Leonidas McKelvin - CB

Cincinnati 1-9: Derrick Harvey - DE

New Orleans 1-10: Keith Rivers - LB

Atlanta Picks:

Atlanta sees that Brian Brohm has slipped past pick #14 and sees the chance to trade up and get him in front of Tampa Bay and Miami. Atlanta trades away picks #37 and #48.

Pick 1-17 (Minnesota): Brian Brohm - QB

Pick 2-34 (Oakland): Sam Baker - OT

Pick 2-35 (KC): Curtis Lofton - ILB

Pick 3-68: Chilo Rachel - OG

Pick 5-131: Justin King - CB

Pick 6-163: Drew Radovich - OG

Pick 7 - 197: BPA

bush (3/19/2008)
I hate the idea of trading back into the first round. If the trade with KC did happen, we would have FOUR second round picks. Think of how much more talent would be present with 4 second round picks.

I know, I totally agree with you. Having four second round picks would be incredible. It would be Atlanta's round. But, Brohm is number one on our board, TD liked what the Browns did last year, and we need a QB. I just think that is what he would do, I could be wrong. I just posted it so everyone could get a look at would it could be.

I have decided I am comfortable with taking Brohm with a top 5 pick. So, instead of trading back up to get him, here is my new scenario:

Atlanta Picks:

Pick 1-5 (KC): Brian Brohm - QB

Pick 2-34 (Oakland): Sam Baker - OT

Pick 2-35 (KC): Curtis Lofton - ILB

Pick 2-37: Dre Moore - DT

Pick 2-48: Carl Nicks - OT

Pick 3-68: Chilo Rachel - OG

Pick 5-131: Justin King - CB

Pick 6-163: Drew Radovich - OG

Pick 7-197: Lionel Dotson - DT

FalconsFan123 (3/19/2008)
I have decided I am comfortable with taking Brohm with a top 5 pick. So, instead of trading back up to get him, here is my new scenario:

Atlanta Picks:

Pick 1-5 (KC): Brian Brohm - QB- love it

Pick 2-34 (Oakland): Sam Baker - OT- love it

Pick 2-35 (KC): Curtis Lofton - ILB- love it

Pick 2-37: Dre Moore - DT- like it, id prefer laws here. good player but i think too high.

Pick 2-48: Carl Nicks - OT- like it, but he could probably be had in the 3rd

Pick 3-68: Chilo Rachel - OG- love it

Pick 5-131: Justin King - CB- what happened to our 4th rounder? id like to get chevis jackson or dwight lowery in that range. perhaps tyvon jackson right here. not bad though.

Pick 6-163: Drew Radovich - OG- im indifferent with this pick, good idea for depth but not my fav player

Pick 7-197: Lionel Dotson - DT- pretty good. im a derek lokey fan though, id love to get him here. :)

overall, i like it. you were on fire for the first three rounds pretty much. dre moore and nicks could be better imo.

Mr. Offseason (3/19/2008)

Pick 2-37: Dre Moore - DT- like it, id prefer laws here. good player but i think too high.

Pick 2-48: Carl Nicks - OT- like it, but he could probably be had in the 3rd

Pick 5-131: Justin King - CB- what happened to our 4th rounder? id like to get chevis jackson or dwight lowery in that range. perhaps tyvon jackson right here. not bad though.

Pick 6-163: Drew Radovich - OG- im indifferent with this pick, good idea for depth but not my fav player

Pick 7-197: Lionel Dotson - DT- pretty good. im a derek lokey fan though, id love to get him here. :)

The reason I put Dre Moore in instead of Trevor Laws is because we recently worked out Dre Moore. Eventhough I think Laws could potentially be a better prospect. I agree Nicks could possibly be had in the third, I just don't want to risk it, his run blocking is amazing and will do great on the RT. I traded our 4th rounder to KC, it was the only way to get their 2nd rounder, it works out very closely in points (There is an explanation above). I like Radovich purely for depth, he has good size and can be molded into something special. Lokey is a great prospect, either would work in the 7th. Thanks for the kind words.