For those that are hating our General Manager.

Purple Label

The recent signing of free-agents, and the release of some of our veterans are great moves.  Keep in mind, we are rebuilding.  Those FA Signings are pretty small.  Say the team that we are building is successful.  In a couple of years, we will have a ton of cap room.  I am a fan of DeAngelo Hall, but re-signing him would have been a setback.  One reason is, that he didn't really want to be here.  Secondly, his price tag was high.  He may be good, but his team was not.  Hate Michael Turner if you like, but you will be wearing his jersey by mid-season. 

Right now this MB is filled with alot of hate for Hall & TD.

Here's a few Facts. As good as Hall is. 10mil a year for a guy who does not want to be here to begin with Leaves TD no choice but to ship him Off.

Now Headding into this Draft (once the Hall deal goes through) we have 4 out of the 1st 48 Picks.

2 Months ago TD's job was Head of College scouting. He spent the majority of his work day studying this very draft class, raniking theese guys and grading them.  With 4 picks in the 1st 48.  I have full confidence this is going to be the best Falcons draft in history. It may also be the most important one as well

I agree on the comments about Hall. I also am very pleased with the signing of Turner. I thought that we would try to draft a bruiser back, but this is even better.

Just a word of caution about expectations. We will have a much revamped offensive line--I think this is inevitable. The offensive line more than any other part of the team, must come together as a cohesive unit. They have to play together, know each other, and coordinate their play. Add to that, we may have one or two new players on the line, including one rookie and one 2nd year man [blaylock]. It may be quite a while until we see what they can really do.

Blaylock started out reasonably well last year, but hit the rookie wall, and really wasn't very good the last part of the season. He should be fine this year, but we can expect something similar with our new OL rookie.

Well, let's not crown the guy a king yet...he still hasn't drafted yet. I don't like the Hall trade but in this day getting a low 2nd and another pick is a great move. The Pats got Moss last year for what...a cup of coffee and a doughnut? So at least we have that to feel good about. Besides, how good of a move this is won't be determined for another few years. Let's just pray we don't end up with another Smith/Favre debacle.

clownorg (3/19/2008)
Right now this MB is filled with alot of hate for Hall & TD.

Here's a few Facts. As good as Hall is. 10mil a year for a guy who does not want to be here to begin with Leaves TD no choice but to ship him Off.

Now Headding into this Draft (once the Hall deal goes through) we have 4 out of the 1st 48 Picks.

2 Months ago TD's job was Head of College scouting. He spent the majority of his work day studying this very draft class, raniking theese guys and grading them.  With 4 picks in the 1st 48.  I have full confidence this is going to be the best Falcons draft in history. It may also be the most important one as well

I totally agree. and for those that still hate on McKay, any draft day trades will almost certainly have his assistance. i wouldn't see that as a bad thing at all. I love the direction we're headed in. just LOVE it!

Tetsujin-28 (3/20/2008)
Let's see how Dimitroff's first draft goes before we anoint him a genius. Just because he traded awaya few players that people hated doesn't mean that he will be a great GM. Let's give the guy time to mess up.

Yes. And I am sure you will be waiting to pounce and say he has irredeemably screwed up if he disagrees with a single step of your mock draft or skips drafting any player because of their attitude.

Terence Moore from The AJC (3/19/2008)
HAVEN'T WE BEEN REBUILDING FOR 42 YEARS NOW?

WOW. I'm really beginning to think you really are Moore from the AJC.  If you are answer me this?  How did such a poor writer with no original thoughts or ideas get your spot? 

Kevin Blackistone and J.A. Adande is where it's at!

chifalc (3/20/2008)
Tetsujin-28 (3/20/2008)
Let's see how Dimitroff's first draft goes before we anoint him a genius. Just because he traded away a few players that people hated doesn't mean that he will be a great GM. Let's give the guy time to mess up.

Yes. And I am sure you will be waiting to pounce and say he has irredeemably screwed up if he disagrees with a single step of your mock draft or skips drafting any player because of their attitude.

**** skippy! Dude, are you still stalking me? :w00t:

Tetsujin-28 (3/20/2008)
chifalc (3/20/2008)
Tetsujin-28 (3/20/2008)
Let's see how Dimitroff's first draft goes before we anoint him a genius. Just because he traded away a few players that people hated doesn't mean that he will be a great GM. Let's give the guy time to mess up.

**** skippy! Dude, are you still stalking me? :w00t:

Yes, if you want to view it that way. At least until you stop being so obsessive over one player. And until I see you actually make a single positive post about anything.

Hey man, i love your sigs and stuff, but have to disagree on waiting for someone to screw up.

We are only human. If TD messes up once and you all throw him under the bus, I feel that is unacceptable.  He's done a pretty good job thus far.  I say commend him on things he does well.

I loved watching D. Hall when he got those interceptions and always tried to make a play afterwards. (Excitement from the chaos)  Seriously, 70mil for 7 years for a rebuilding phase is a little much.

Trust TD with our future cause he's here to stay for at least 3-5 years if we do bad, and complaining won't get you anything.