Jets meeting with d-mac, along with the raiders falling in love, and then dallas!

Tuggle'2

The guys that are the best at trading in the draft are the ones that can taget who they really want and figure out if they may fall or rise and what its going to take or not to take to get them.  Me personally the guy who can decide that a guy is going to fall if we trade out and can still get the same guy for less money and pick up picks have the best drafts.  Jimmy used to be great for this, therefore coming up with the trade chart that everyone uses now.

For example i think atl is seriously looking at dorsey, makes the most sense!  Adds what smith really likes helps out our investment from last year, in JA and works on the lines in the end cause that what we are supposedly doing.

I like jake long as well but it doesnt make sense to draft this guy when this is the deppest OT draft in 20 years and we have  3 secound rounders.  There is said to be 6-8 starting OT in this draft that will go between rounds 1-2, therefore i really dont see us drafting OT in the first.  Sorry jake fans.

But with the jets it the perfect opportunity to capitalize on the jets wanting d-mac.  As it stands on the chart if the jets trded us there 1st, 2nd, and 4th, it would be just right for them to get our 3rd.  In this case we win.  Not only do we get another 2nd giving us 4 which i honestly dont think we keep a some point in the draft we move back into the 1st for someone?  But we still get the player that we targeted in dorsey!  Im loving this idea.

tuggle (3/19/2008)
The guys that are the best at trading in the draft are the ones that can taget who they really want and figure out if they may fall or rise and what its going to take or not to take to get them. Me personally the guy who can decide that a guy is going to fall if we trade out and can still get the same guy for less money and pick up picks have the best drafts. Jimmy used to be great for this, therefore coming up with the trade chart that everyone uses now.

For example i think atl is seriously looking at dorsey, makes the most sense! Adds what smith really likes helps out our investment from last year, in JA and works on the lines in the end cause that what we are supposedly doing.

I like jake long as well but it doesnt make sense to draft this guy when this is the deppest OT draft in 20 years and we have 3 secound rounders. There is said to be 6-8 starting OT in this draft that will go between rounds 1-2, therefore i really dont see us drafting OT in the first. Sorry jake fans.

But with the jets it the perfect opportunity to capitalize on the jets wanting d-mac. As it stands on the chart if the jets trded us there 1st, 2nd, and 4th, it would be just right for them to get our 3rd. In this case we win. Not only do we get another 2nd giving us 4 which i honestly dont think we keep a some point in the draft we move back into the 1st for someone? But we still get the player that we targeted in dorsey! Im loving this idea.

if we traded them i would want their 1st from this year and we can take their 2nd and 4th for next year. that way when the draft rolls around next year we will already have started stockpiling picks.

I would be all for trading with the Jets Clady would be their and if TD likes Brohm he could take him at this spot.  Ellis also should still be on the board at this pick so we would have LT,QB,DT to pick from just as we do at 3 and add more picks as well.  I also think with an added 2 we would most likely us it to trade back up into the 1st if we realy liked a certain player. JMO

the possibilites are so endless, think about it.  You draft dorsey at 6, less money!  Fugure out a way to package 2 of the 4 picks in the second to move up for whoever you dont think will make it to 2nd, lets say flacco, and then 2 OTs in the 2nd or whatever??

The only problem is that Miami holds all of the cards until they pick.  To make things worse, there's less time between picks this year, so if a team wants to move on draft day, they need to p#ss or get off the potty with urgency or the trade won't have time to consummate.

bossFALCON (3/19/2008)
tuggle (3/19/2008)
if we traded them i would want their 1st from this year and we can take their 2nd and 4th for next year. that way when the draft rolls around next year we will already have started stockpiling picks.

Yea, it's what the patriots have done-and continue to do...I mean take a look-they got their own pick pulled away-YET they own the 7th pick...

yes i agree the patriots do it very well as well,they have been doing it since the bledsoe trade when they got those i think 2 1st rounders for him trading back picking up picks for years to come. 

Btw way dallas 2 first rounders dont equal #3 that pick only gets them to #8, they need more.

Lets forget the points sheet, because of the money it costs to sign one of the top 3 or top 5 players. I think if we took the Jets first and 2nd to move down 3 spots is a **** of a deal. Another 2nd rounder, and we pay out way less money.

Also, Miami has not brought in Dmac for a workout, and they have no reason to take him with 2 high prices RB's on the roster. They just brought in Ryan and both Longs. We luck out by being right above the Raiders, because St Louis and Miami won't pick him. And TD loves the idea of trading down in the draft, it should be an interesting draft day.