Look at Wide Reciever!!

jjvick715

It's time for Us to look to the WR position for a Big Playmaker. Chad Johnson wants out Of cincinatti. WHy not give it a shot, He has many years left in him and has the ability to change the game for us, And also coach roddy white who can also be a great reciever with some instruction. Seems like a good idea to me. Why not throw the man an offer.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beucase TD is trying to Build a Team.

CJ is a great Player, but he's got a Great QB in Palmer Another great WR opposite him and a pretty good running game & he isn't happy.

Why would he be happy here?

This team is much better off sinking those cap dollars into Both Lines at this point in the game.

mbrizzle (3/19/2008)
Roddy already is a big play WR. A definate number 1. Let's hope Laurent is a real number 2. I wouldnt mind seeing us get a smaller, quicker, more explosive guy for the slot.

the Fo isnt gonna try and get him  we can draft for the slot ........we need a big tall guy because jenkins isnt getting it done  I like roddy as #1 and laurent can rotate at #2 with a bigger WR

decody fagg,dj hall ,adarius bowman,justin harper,marcus henry,mario urrurita,marcus monk,jason rivers,jordy nelson

Mon*Star*Man (3/19/2008)
mbrizzle (3/19/2008)
Roddy already is a big play WR. A definate number 1. Let's hope Laurent is a real number 2. I wouldnt mind seeing us get a smaller, quicker, more explosive guy for the slot.

for the slot we need a big tall guy because jenkins isnt getting it done

decody fagg,dj hall ,adarius bowman

I like Bowman and Hall alot. Maybe my 2 favorite WRs in this draft.

This isn't meant to knock your post, But how are you ok with our recievers. Led the league in drops two years ago,And almost again last year. We have GOOD recievers, But we need a GREAT one too. Roddy white cannot learn more from recievers who are worse than him. It needs to be looked at just as badly as safety does. The draft will be good for lineman on both side of the ball.

jjvick715 (3/19/2008)
This isn't meant to knock your post, But how are you ok with our recievers. Led the league in drops two years ago,And almost again last year. We haveGOOD recievers, But we need a GREAT one too. Roddy white cannot learn more from recievers who are worse than him. It needs to be looked at just as badly as safety does. The draft will be good for lineman on both side of the ball.

roddy did better then most wideouts last year. check the man's stats.

did you forget that Joe Horn is there too, and that mentoring young receivers is primarily what he was brought here for?  Or are you just so in love with getting CJ that you are willing to ignore facts?

I'm happy with the receivers in the sense that they may not be the best, but with a line to block for Redman, we are looking at a pretty good passing game next year. 

jjvick715 (3/19/2008)
I realize that, I've seen his stats. But like i say how can he improve without someone better than him there. He had Alge the last two years. Now he has no mentor. Roddy needs a teacher.

joe horn and our wide receivers coach. i doubt alge taught him too much because those are two very different positions. i think roddy is at the point where he can almost start teaching our younger guys. he started almost every game with us last year as our #1 wideout going against #1 corners. i think that speaks a lot. he must be doing something right.

Good Point, Joe Horn is a great mentor/teacher. Nice post. I am aware hes there but you know i didn't even think of him at this point. I still do think a spectacular reciever is a good idea not nessicarily do we need chad But who else is available?

bossFALCON (3/19/2008)he started almost every game with us last year as our #1 wideout going against #1 corners. i think that speaks a lot. he must be doing something right.

I think that speaks volumes about Roddy, but then again boss, some people are never happy with what they have, and always need a splashy move to legitimize their team. :cool:

jjvick715 (3/19/2008)
It's time for Us to look to the WR position for a Big Playmaker. Chad Johnson wants out Of cincinatti. WHy not give it a shot, He has many years left in him and has the ability to change the game for us, And also coach roddy white who can also be a great reciever with some instruction. Seems like a good idea to me. Why notthrow the man an offer.

Because we don't have the team built yet. O-line still needs work we need a QB to get him the ball, a D to make some stops for us, etc. On top of that we don't have the ESTABLISHED leaders on the team yet to try and keep him in check. We don't yet have the rep that if you blow it-you are gone either. If we were a couple years ahead in this process....maybe...

currently there are 7 WR on the roster

White, Robinson, Jenkins, Horn, Finneran, Jennings, Weems

It's almost positive they Keep White, Robinson because of talent

They will probably keep Horn  (big cap hit if released)

That leaves 2 more slots on the final active roster. 

If Finn is ok he can be the tall slot guy.  Jenkins is a good red zone receiver.  I do not know about jennings and Weems. 

Do you really think they need to go to the draft??

I don't think we keep Horn, Weems is a non-factor, Jennings is a player who hasn't done anything to date, and Finn cannot be counted on since he hasn't played in two seasons. We also have expressed interest in multiple WRs, which says it all about how the personnel department views the situation.

bossFALCON (3/19/2008)
jjvick715 (3/19/2008)
This isn't meant to knock your post, But how are you ok with our recievers. Led the league in drops two years ago,And almost again last year. We haveGOOD recievers, But we need a GREAT one too. Roddy white cannot learn more from recievers who are worse than him. It needs to be looked at just as badly as safety does. The draft will be good for lineman on both side of the ball.

roddy did better then most wideouts last year. check the man's stats.

The numbers Roddy put up aren't just about the numbers themselves, which were great; #8 in the NFL in receiving.. more yards than Torry Holt and only 80 yards less than Braylon Edwards. What you have to take into consideration is the fact that he had NO ONE throwing him the ball. To make it to # 8 in receiving with the likes of Harrington, Leftwich and Redman throwing to you... that to me makes his numbers even more remarkable.