People Drafted by Atlanta

Deangelo Hall

Michael Jenkins

Demorrio Williams

Chad Lavalais

Etric Pruitt

Quincy Wilson

Who is left from that draft class? 1 and that man is michael jenkins

People draft by San Diego Chargers(a notoriously good draft team)

Phillip Rivers

Igor Olshansky

Nate Kaeding

Nick Hardwick

Shaun Phillips

Dave Ball

Ryan Krause

Ryon Bingham

so 5/8 not only are with SD but are big contributors... god i wish our team was like that... **** i think thats where we are heading ;)

We don't know how to produce and hold on to good talent. We trade away and allow our best players to walk away to greener pastures. Then we sign someone else's 1 year wonders and hope that they can be THAT Guy!

Hopefully that changes with this new regime!

That draft wasnt horrible... We just didnt keep the players. DHall and Schaub have turned into 3 first day picks, a 6th, and a 1st round pick swap up in the top 10. DeMorrio was a solid pick, now he's gone. Jenkins isnt stellar, but he's hardly the most disappointing WR taken in the same round of that draft. Quincey Wilson is still in the league. I dont know what the **** happened with Lavalais. That guy looked like the steal of the draft. Even cause us to release Ed Jasper in favor of him.

I think it speaks to the disfunction of the Falcons more than to the draft. Hopefully we're a compitent franchise now. I'm not holding my breath though.

consistentfalcon (3/19/2008)
its not showing up in the season ending win/loss record as decent, nor pro bowl selection

Terrible coaches, poor offensive line, star QB locked up in jail, and numerous defensive injuries will do that. McKay drafts well, but they haven't really worked well on the line other than adding Blalock last year.

As for pro-bowls. Are you going to try and tell me that Boley, Roddy, and Abraham aren't probowl calibur? How many probowlers did Jacksonville have last year? The probowl has NO credibility with me.

The Falcon Ace (3/19/2008)
its not showing up in the season ending win/loss record as decent, nor pro bowl selection

Terrible coaches, poor offensive line, star QB locked up in jail, and numerous defensive injuries will do that. McKay drafts well, but they haven't really worked well on the line other than adding Blalock last year.

As for pro-bowls. Are you going to try and tell me that Boley, Roddy, and Abraham aren't probowl calibur? How many probowlers did Jacksonville have last year? The probowl has NO credibility with me.

none of those guys were voted in, and as far as the Jags i dont follow them, the saints, panthers etc. i was raised in Ga. and have followed the foulclowns my whole life. i luv them birds , problem is they luv losing

615saint (3/19/2008)
In the splitting hairs department, San Diego did not draft Phillip Rivers - they drafted Eli Manning and traded his rights to the Giants for Phillip Rivers and additional compensation.

Why do you say they are "notoriously" good at drafting?

Well, SD has had some nice drafts recently. Look at your starting QB-a draft that they traded the 1st over all to us-then picked up LT and waited PATIENTLY into the second to pick up Brees. In the Draft with Eli-they wanted Rivers all along-at least their GM did. And look at what they got when they traded him...THAT was a BEAUTIFUL move on their part. And yes, again-compared to ATL's drafts...they have had AMAZING drafts-lol

none of those guys were voted in, and as far as the Jags i dont follow them, the saints, panthers etc. i was raised in Ga. and have followed the foulclowns my whole life. i luv them birds , problem is they luv losing

Well then if you don't know what you're talking about, I suggest you stop talking about. Everyone and their brother knows that the Probowl is the biggest popularity contest in the NFL.

Well then if you don't know what you're talking about, I suggest you stop talking about. Everyone and their brother knows that the Probowl is the biggest popularity contest in the NFL.

i know what im talking about as far as the foulclowns are concerned, they have a losing record and those excellent draft picks arent changing the  losing record, nor did those excelent players make it to the popularity contest this year either

your trying to sugarcoat the team to cover up them sour years.problem is theres too much sour to cover up

OK, so the 2004 draft was not that productive for the Falcons.  What are we to do about it now?  Slash our wrists in despondency?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In case it has escaped your notice, in 2008 there is now a new regime in place.  Different people will be making the picks in this draft class.  The only relevance the 2004 draft has now is those players who are no longer with the team - for whatever reason - will have, in varying degrees, an influence on determining the priorities of which players are needed.

The cheapest thing a sportswriter can do (and the sure sign he's a basic hack) is to take a team's draft, note which choices didn't pan out, and then crow about how dumb it was to pick Player A when Player B, who later became a Pro-Bowler, was available.  The Patriots' Tom Brady is a perfect example of this; I have read some articles where the writer seriously praised the Patriots for "holding back" till the sixth-round to pick Brady.  What nonsense!

History is not necessarily prophecy.  If the same people who were in charge in 2004 were making the picks today, you might have an argument - but they are not.  How well or badly the Falcons have done in past drafts is today an irrelevancy.  The 2008 Falcons draft will stand or fall on its own merits.