FINALLY! Troy Duffy and Sony Pictures agree on a deal to film Boondock Saints: All Saints Day

Headshot

It s taken nearly ten years, but the 1999 movie Boondock Saints is finally getting a sequel. Writer/director Troy Duffy announced the impending second movie Monday via a video blog posted on YouTube.

Duffy says, We just completed our deal with Sony Pictures Studios to do the sequel to Boondock 2: All Saints Day, which should be shooting this summer.

The original film is the story of two Irish brothers who set about knocking off mafia gang members in Boston. Willem Dafoe played a detective on their trail, who starts to question whether the men he s pursuing might be doing them all a favor. No word yet on what the second film will involved, but Duffy says, There s a bunch of funky new roles, that you re gonna see, and I think you re gonna really like.

capologist (3/19/2008)
etifan (3/19/2008)
Can't wait. The first one wasunderappreciated. Heck, I didn't even see it (or really hear about it) until the past year.

I still haven't seen it...

Then go see it!  Keep in mind this isnt some highclass hollywood production but its a great film.

capologist (3/19/2008)
etifan (3/19/2008)
Can't wait. The first one wasunderappreciated. Heck, I didn't even see it (or really hear about it) until the past year.

And you're still missing out...;)

Can't wait till this sequel gets made and released...as long as they bring back Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flannery, and Billy Connolly this movie will have a great shot at succeeding. Not sure if there's a way to write David Della Rocco back into it or not...but rumor has it that Troy Duffy is planning on him being in the sequel...I remember reading a few years back that Dafoe probably wouldn't return for a 2nd movie, but if he does, that would be cool too...:)

BirdsOfPrey (3/19/2008)
The original is one of my all time favorite movies but I don't think they should make a sequel. The original film left the story perfectly and it would only cheapen it if they made a 2nd.

Maybe, but I've quoted that movie so many times I need some new ones!

Ton80Kid (3/19/2008)
capologist (3/19/2008)
etifan (3/19/2008)

And you're still missing out...;)

Can't wait till this sequel gets made and released...as long as they bring back Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flannery, and Billy Connolly this movie will have a great shot at succeeding. Not sure if there's a way to write David Della Rocco back into it or not...but rumor has it that Troy Duffy is planning on him being in the sequel...I remember reading a few years back that Dafoe probably wouldn't return for a 2nd movie, but if he does, that would be cool too...:)

Dafoe most likely wont be in it, which sucks. About 6 years ago when this movie was said to be made some plot details leaked, but I don't know if Duffy plans on re-writing any of them or not.

Apparently the movie begins with Connor, Murphy and the Duke living in Ireland and hiding from the FBI until they are framed for the murder of a Catholic priest in Boston (Possibly the guy in the opening scene of the first movie), to where they return to clear their names and off the guys who actually did it.

I wish they could write David back in, because he was perfect in the first one, but there's no way to get around his death. Maybe they could use him in flashback scenes or something, but probably not.

Headshot (3/20/2008)Dafoe most likely wont be in it, which sucks. About 6 years ago when this movie was said to be made some plot details leaked, but I don't know if Duffy plans on re-writing any of them or not.

Apparently the movie begins with Connor, Murphy and the Duke living in Ireland and hiding from the FBI until they are framed for the murder of a Catholic priest in Boston (Possibly the guy in the opening scene of the first movie), to where they return to clear their names and off the guys who actually did it.

I wish they could write David back in, because he was perfect in the first one, but there's no way to get around his death. Maybe they could use him in flashback scenes or something, but probably not.

Not sure what Troy has in mind, but he's said for certain that David will be in the sequel...however they do it, I'm sure it'll be great...;)

Ton80Kid (3/20/2008)
Headshot (3/20/2008)Dafoe most likely wont be in it, which sucks. About 6 years ago when this movie was said to be made some plot details leaked, but I don't know if Duffy plans on re-writing any of them or not.

Not sure what Troy has in mind, but he's said for certain that David will be in the sequel...however they do it, I'm sure it'll be great...;)

Oh he already said he'd be in it? Sweet, I hadn't heard that.

Ton80Kid (3/21/2008)
Headshot (3/20/2008)

Oh he already said he'd be in it? Sweet, I hadn't heard that.

Yep...he confirmed it late last year, that David would definitely be in the sequel, were it ever given the greenlight to be made...;)

I didn't realize that that was the only movie he has ever been in. Anyone know what he does for a living?