SI.com is reporting that Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is infatuated with McFadden

atljbo

HailRazor (3/19/2008)
Please let that be true!!!!!!!

Hey Cowboys, that will be two first rounders please.

I would rather get the Jets #6 and #37 picks. better value and we still get an elite talent @ 6.

DAL is too far back to move up for DMC. Jones is smart enough to NOT jeopordize his whole team to get one guy.

if we were to deal with the Cowboys, the deal would be:  #22, #28 and next year's 1st rounder.....According to the trade chart that would be about equal in points but Dallas would still "win" because future year's picks are discounted by 50% - plus, i think next year's class will be weaker.

However, I think #22, #28 and next year's 1st would still be good deal for Falcons because we are not going to "win" in 2008 anyway and we could afford to be a little "short" on the deal.....how about this?

#22-Branden Albert, RG/RT-Virginia (1st-from Cowboys)

#28-Joe Flacco or Brian Brohm, QB (1st from Cowboys)

#34-Sam Baker, LT-USC (2nd from Raiders)

#37-Antoine Cason, CB-Arizona (2nd)

#48-Pat Sims, DT-Auburn (2nd from Texans)

#66-Phillip Wheeler, ILB-Georgia Tech (3rd) - 2nd day

If the Falcons "early" draft went as above plus we would have two first rounders next year (Falcons and Cowboys) - I would think the Falcons future would look very bright!

We'll have to bring our pocketbooks on draft day - but rookie contracts are usually a little discounted since the guy has never played NFL.  After 2-4 years they renew their rookie K for big bucks if they have learned to play - otherwise they are out of the league anyway.

The collective bargaining agreement is supposed to come up for renewal/discussion in like 2009 or 2010.  A lot of owners are probably trying to avoid salary caps when that time comes.  So - if it comes time to re-sign all these high draft picks and there is no salary cap - we could do it if Blank pony's up.  And if we are winning in 2-3 years time with a young team - I bet he would happily. 

More and more, I have grown to dislike the idea of dealing down to Dallas. The opportunity cost is Glenn Dorsey in a two for one deal in the interim. The players ranked in the 20s don't excite me as we are in a position to get three guys in that range anyway. We would be getting a future first rounder, which is nice, but unless Romo gets hurt, I have difficulty seeing that pick as being higher than #20. So, that's three players ranked in the 20s versus Glenn Dorsey. I normally argue quantity over quality, but I don't like it in this specific case. Like with Calvin Johnson last year, Dorsey is worth more than a couple of lesser players to me.