Our 1st round pick

does anybody other than mock draft creators really feel like Matt Ryan is worth our 1st pick

Is he the best for years to come or just the so called best lookin prospect in this years draft ?

I feel like he's an average QB with just the some measuremants that look good at QB height and weight. what about arm Str. and Acc.   what about his Decisions?

Is his college team better then we are led to believe ?did they not have a run game? Challenger & Gonzalez are they good/bad WR's? did Ryan make them better? How good was his O-line in College? how will he do behind a subpar O-line?

just my thought on the matter

If this is rebuilding then we need to start in the trenchs  my guess by team needs  

1r Glenn Dorsey/Sedrick Ellis/Jake Long Franchise player 

2r OL or DL depends on first pick

2r LB Curtis Lofton  Inside LB to replace brooking in the future

2r Ol Or DL depends on  1st & 2nd pick

3r CB or S depends on  roster moves  hall trade,free agency,players already on roster

4r QB or WR Project QB  or  Big WR

5r DL/OL/DB Depth

6r WR or DB Depth

6r OL or DL Depth

7r Special teams  Kicker or return man  if elam doesnt sign

I would love to see us trade away our #3 overall pick for more 1st day picks.  I know we have 4 in rounds 1 and two already.  But if we could trade our 1st for another 3 on day 1 I'd be very happy with 6 in the first two rounds and 8 in the first 3 rounds.  This draft has loads of talent in it, and I really would love to see us stockpile more picks.  If we stay put, I want to see us get Long/Dorsey/Ellis in that order of whichever is available.

i agree that our first pick needs to be OL/DT i think its our biggest need and we should also be looking at adressing it with one of our seconds and probably in the 4th but qb is too big of a need for us to not adress it at all this off season. harrington and redman are not the answer. redman needs to go back to selling insurance and harrington is best suited as a back up or a possible stop gap this season and this season only. if week one redman is our starting qb you can kiss the season goodbye. he is absolutley terrible. there is a reason no team would give him a chance even as a third qb. the only reason he got a shot here was cuz of fagino. all redman proved was he could lose games and throw a bunch of tds against a second string defense in a game that didnt matter.

pzummo (3/19/2008)
I would love to see us trade away our #3 overall pick for more 1st day picks.  I know we have 4 in rounds 1 and two already.  But if we could trade our 1st for another 3 on day 1 I'd be very happy with 6 in the first two rounds and 8 in the first 3 rounds.  This draft has loads of talent in it, and I really would love to see us stockpile more picks.  If we stay put, I want to see us get Long/Dorsey/Ellis in that order of whichever is available.

This makes no sense..

twyntefour (3/19/2008)
i agree that our first pick needs to be OL/DT i think its our biggest need and we should also be looking at adressing it with one of our seconds and probably in the 4th but qb is too big of a need for us to not adress it at all this off season. harrington and redman are not the answer. redman needs to go back to selling insurance and harrington is best suited as a back up or a possible stop gap this season and this season only. if week one redman is our starting qb you can kiss the season goodbye. he is absolutley terrible. there is a reason no team would give him a chance even as a third qb. the only reason he got a shot here was cuz of fagino. all redman proved was he could lose games and throw a bunch of tds against a second string defense in a game that didnt matter.

i feel that redman  is good enough to play QB for us for One or two Seasons  while we build the lines and look for our QB of the future  remember the ravens won a superbowl with trent dilfer redman just needs to be able to manage and we see he can do that already. decent arm str. and acc. and makes good throws  what more do u need