Predict the Falcons record this year..

gee_q

Will the Falcons post a better record than the Raider this year??? They pick 3 and 4 in the draft and had identical records this year so we are comparing two equally horrible teams.  Just wondering what it will look like at the end of the 2008 season...

Cocoa Beach Falcon (3/19/2008)
It's still a little early, hard to do this before the draft, but I think with some line help in the draft we could easily post a 9-7 record.

I really don't know, or care, what the Raiders records will be.

9-7?

If we post a 9-7 record with a first year head coach and GM, there won't be enough words to describe my sheer joy...

BruceReville (3/19/2008)

Well at least Mora did something with a Reeves team that Reeves couldn't do -- win

I will defend this quote I am about to say to my grave....ready?

If Vick had not gotten hurt and they kept Reeves, 2004 WOULD have been the year.

End of story. Mora won with Reeves' team. But couldn't finish like Reeves would have.

Khufu (3/19/2008)
FalconsFor6 (3/19/2008)

9-7?

If we post a 9-7 record with a first year head coach and GM, there won't be enough words to describe my sheer joy...

Didn't we do it with Mora?

(But know I'm part of the Reeves bandwagon before you reply)

I was a part of the Reeves fanclub too...

The difference is that Mora inherited a team of veterans that still had pretty good mileage left on them...

This team is going to be overwhelmingly comprised of players that are rookies and less than 3 year veterans...

39 players on the current roster have less than 3 years experience...

I will defend this quote I am about to say to my grave....ready?

If Vick had not gotten hurt and they kept Reeves, 2004 WOULD have been the year.

End of story. Mora won with Reeves' team. But couldn't finish like Reeves would have.

And what is the excuse for 1999 - 2000 - 2001? Reeves had 1 great year in Atlanta 1998 - 1 lucky year 2002 (We lost 3 out of 4 games at the end of the season and backed into the play-offs that year because the Saints lost 4 out of 4 and finished 9-7. If they won 1 game then they would have went to Green Bay with a 10-6 record while we would be sitting at home with our 9-6-1 record)

So I ask what is the excuse for 1999 - 2000 - 2001? Another player going down with an injury? Well if that's the case then I'll ask why wasn't the TEAM able to perform if only 1 guy goes down. Shows lack of being prepared in case something like that happens.