2 Winning teams rejected paying DeAngelo Hall what he was DEMANDING, but a loser team that overpays for players did

gazoo

Some are apoplectic about Hall goIng to Oakland and blame Blank and Dimitroff 100% for "letting him get away". In fact, some of these fans are of the position we should have paid DeAngelo Hall whatever he demanded, and becuase they felt Halls demands were extreme  it's 100% the Falcons fault he's gone. The fans absolve Hall of any part in this, it's all the organizations fault n their eyes.

For 2 years now we've seen Hall screaming to the media about how he wanted to be paid like the top CB in the NFL. His pay demands have been excessive and extreme, his threats about what will happend if he doesn't get what he thinks he should are numerous including holding out and forcing a trade if he doesn't get what he feel  he deserves. ALL THIS HAPPENED BEFORE DIMITROFF EVEN GOT HERE.

Tom Brady came up for extension recently......did you ever hear Tom Brady make excessive demands in the media and threaten to hold out or force a trade as Hall did? Did Tom Brady ever act remotely close to how DeAngelo Hall did? Tom Brady IS UNQUESTIONABLY one of the best 2 players in the NFL at his position, DeAngelo Hall is not even in the top 5, arguabley not even in the top 10.

I ask my fellows here on this message board, why in the **** do you think this franchise should let DeAngelo Hall set their price under the duress of these threats of Halls? Why do you blame exclusivey the organization for being responsible? Why do you think the Franchise is not supposed to have a say in what it pays its players and if they feel the player is being unrealistic to encourage trade offers?

Why was DeAngelo even offered for trade this offseason? Do you think the Falcons just didn;t want a good player and carelessly upset him by shopping offers? THAT'S RIDICULOUS. It was DeAngelos own actions that put him on the trade block in the first place. His excessive demands, his threats, his statements that he didn't want to play for a loser....all these cam e BEFORE DIMITROFF ARRIVED.

Furthermore, the franchise that built a Super Bowl winner last year found DeAngleos pay demands excessive and passed on him for this reason, and the Cowboys who also are run well and are winners passed on DeAngleo becuase uis pay demands were excessive. The only franchise swilling to overpay for Hall was a poorly run franchise that is notorious for overpaying players and is currently in trouble with some of its overpaid players now.

The facts is, if DeAngelo Hall had been professional and realistic, he would still be here. If DeAngleo had acted just like Tom Brady and tried to work out a realistic contract out with this organization WE WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO KEEP HIM. We already know that only weeks ago Coach Smith sat down with Hall and went over our new defense, tod Hall he wanted him to be part of it, and Hall rejected it, saying he didn;t buy into what we were doing as a defense. Chris Mortenson said he knew for a fact this meeting took place.

DEANGELO HALL IS GONE BECAUSE OF HIS OWN  ACTIONS, THREATS AND EXCESSIVE PAY DEMANDS FOR MORE THAN FOR ANYTHING THIS FRANCHISE DID AND THERE ARE MANY FANS ON THIS BOARD IN ABSOLUTE DENIAL ABOUT THIS FACT.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on the head there Gazoo! Short-sighted thinking about Hall is what can set a franchise back. Talented? No doubt. $70 million? Nope.

I liked DHall in the beginning, but this organization couldn't take the chance of another fiasco regarding Hall. He didn't want to be here. He can say what he wants now, but it's the truth. He wanted to play for a winner but I don't see him rejecting $70 million to play for an equally screwed up organization like the Raiders.

The denial surrounding this entire trade is remarkable. The Hall apologists have been blinded to Hall's uge role in this trade, they ignore the pay demands altogether...it;'s not even part of their argument.

The only thing those in denial here keep saying is that this franchise "let him get away" and "upset him by listening to trade offers" and the fact that DeAngelo's own mouth, threats, actions and excessive pay demands that started before Dimitroff got here all contributed to that taking place.

To taget Blank, Dimitroff and the Falcons organization for assassination as some have done is outragious given the obvious facts surrounding this whole thing. Ive never seen anything quite like this on the board before.

DEANGELO HALL IS GONE BECAUSE OF HIS OWN ACTIONS, THREATS AND EXCESSIVE PAY DEMANDS FOR MORE THAN FOR ANYTHING THIS FRANCHISE DID AND THERE ARE MANY FANS ON THIS BOARD IN ABSOLUTE DENIAL ABOUT THIS FACT.

The people mad about D.Hall being traded probably won't read your whole post so I quoted this for them. ;)

Winners Win (3/19/2008)
DEANGELO HALL IS GONE BECAUSE OF HIS OWN ACTIONS, THREATS AND EXCESSIVE PAY DEMANDS FOR MORE THAN FOR ANYTHING THIS FRANCHISE DID AND THERE ARE MANY FANS ON THIS BOARD IN ABSOLUTE DENIAL ABOUT THIS FACT.

The people mad about D.Hall being traded probably won't read your whole post so I quoted this for them. ;)

Hahaha - good one!!!

scott hartley (3/19/2008)
John Blad (3/19/2008)
I hope if we play the raiders, roddy scores 3 on him and michael turner trucks him :D

he would cut tackle him so probly wouldnt happen

That used to get on my nerves so bad. **** ankle diver.

Good post Gaz.

Very nice post.  I couldn't agree with you more.  I like the direction that our team is going and I look forward to what our new FO plans to do next.

I heard Marcellus Wiley state last night that "Atlanta is cleaning house and I mean they brought the mop out too, not just the broom.  They are building a winning team and Deangelo would have prevented the direction that they wanted to go towards due to his contention."

That says it all.

Great points, Gazoo. I am with you. Overall I wish we could have gotten a first round pick for Hall but his salary demands and his media overtures weakened the Falcons bargaining position. I will be happy to see Irons get a shot. I think him and Houston could be a good combination in the Cover 2 scheme that we are going to employ.

Right on, gazoo

He raised **** to get out of here and be a part of a team that 'wanted' him; but in reality, he wants to be with a team that 'pay$' him.  He is 'ELITE' in his own mind.  Now he's with the Raiders, karma is a BE-ATCH.

Dimitroff was hired to take this franchise from the fatal course it was on with the Raiders and turn it around into the OPPOSITE DIRECTION toward the Giants and Cowboys course.

That's exactly what happened folks........we acted as the wininjg franchises did and passed on overpayng a self centered immature prima donna. Any of us would have liked to still have him at a reasonable price tag, but 7 years $70,000 was deemed unreasonable to the Ciowboys, Giants and Falcons.

The Giants and Cowboys  let go of the idea of pursuing him relatively quickly when they saw he was serious about the dollar amount it would take to sign him, but a poorly run franchise in Oakland that is trying to dump overpaid players even as we speak, agrees to pay Hall his demands.

Would you prefer Dimitroff to follow the lead of the Raiders front office that is well known for being a mess, or the Cowboys and Giants front offices? This is a question the Hall apologists absolutely refuse to address.

Great post Gazoo, and I'd like to add that Mr. Dimitroff pulled off highway robbery by getting a near #1 pick from the Raiders who then got stuck with Hall's massive contract.  That's akin to sweet-talking the lollipop from the baby and then charging him $10 for another one.  People are flabbergasted at how little we got for Hall but the reality is NO TEAM should have been willing to take him for that price with the knowledge that they'd have to give up picks to do so.  Thank you Mr. Davis.