Chad Johnson for D.Hall and #3 pick

ScottishFalcon (3/19/2008)
Wasn't sure how far gone the Hall deal was.

Surely if a guy with Johnson' ability was in the draft everyone would want him?

He's one of the top 3 WR's in the league.

yes he is. but his mouth is the reason why I dont want him. This dude is not a team player.

im guessing you just watched chad johnson on nfl network.. it was pretty intense but i doubt of all the places he could go, he would want to come to atlanta.. we're in a rebuilding process.. we cant afford to give up any picks to bring in a 30 year old.. dont get me wrong the guy can play, and will probably be one of the top 5 recievers for another 3 or 4 years but before we get a big time reciever we need a QB to throw him the ball..

and cool a fellow brit:D im from northern ireland

As some of you guys have already pointed out, this might not be an even trade. But that would depend on how good a player our #3 pick becomes. Johnson is a proven elite nfl WR, the guy we pick at #3 would be paid mega $$$ and will never have played a down in the nfl.

Being a soccer fan in europe, i still find it strange how guys with the least experience can get paid some of the highest salaries. Its back to front.

ScottishFalcon (3/19/2008)
As some of you guys have already pointed out, this might not be an even trade. But that would depend on how good a player our #3 pick becomes. Johnson is a proven elite nfl WR, the guy we pick at #3 would be paid mega $$$ and will never have played a down in the nfl.

Being a soccer fan in europe, i still find it strange how guys with the least experience can get paid some of the highest salaries. Its back to front.

because you get better players we do not look at the player, when we look at the 3rd pick, but the value.  the 3rd pick is more valuable, because you have better rated players at that pick.

Yip, $60m contract before taking a snap, nice work if you can get it.

Just out of interest would you trade the #3 pick for a guy like Brady Quinn? I know it won't happen and he was drafted lower last year, but with a year under his belt learning a nfl playbook and under top nfl coaches, surely his value is higher than Matt Ryan now?

Boldin is better

Fitzgerald is better

Houshmanzadeh is better

Moss is better

S. Moss is better

Welker is better

Wayne is better

Andre Johnson is better

T.O. is better

Steve Smith is better

Colston is better

Roy Williams is better

C. Johnson is better

this is just off the top of my head, I know there's more............