And with the second round and sixth pick atlanta drafts two CB's

Gnorts

herr doktor (3/19/2008)
The second round pick will be used to trade up for a QB in the later part of the first round.  Looks like they are targeting Brohm.  THey don't seem too worried about losing Hall.  OR replacing him.  Tells me they have a plan in place. 
Uhhh you don't know that. Pure speculation right there.

herr doktor (3/19/2008)
The second round pick will be used to trade up for a QB in the later part of the first round.  Looks like they are targeting Brohm.  THey don't seem too worried about losing Hall.  OR replacing him.  Tells me they have a plan in place. 

Very good observation. I think they are targeting brohm also.... But they also could be targeting Aqib Talib from K-State

keithbrooking56 (3/19/2008)
I agree with the OP. These people happy to get rid of the only elite player on our entire team will be crying in rage once the season starts and our secondary gets picked apart without Hall. Be careful what you wish for.
You guys crack me up. D.Hall wears John Abraham pajamas.

The_ ATL (3/19/2008)
"Uhhh you don't know that. Pure speculation right there."

You can say the same thing to the OP. I dont think the Falcons traded Hall for the sake of it.

No one is happy to get rid of his talent or skills. We are happy to get rid of his mouth and attitude and also get rid of his demands for 10 million a year. Under no circumstances should the Falcons pay 10 million a year for a CB.

falkonX7 (3/19/2008)
I agree with the OP. These people happy to get rid of the only elite player on our entire team will be crying in rage once the season starts and our secondary gets picked apart without Hall. Be careful what you wish for.

Who? You mean the injured pass rusher that maybe gets 8 sacks a season now? That John Abraham? As opposed to one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL? I needed that chuckle at work.

falkonX7 (3/19/2008)

Who? You mean the injured pass rusher that maybe gets 8 sacks a season now? That John Abraham? As opposed to one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL? I needed that chuckle at work.

You want some salt with those D-Hall nuts?

Statick (3/19/2008)
falkonX7 (3/19/2008)

You want some salt with those D-Hall nuts?

:laugh: :laugh:

Better make it extra salty for KB56.

I look at it this way.... DeAngelo wasn't going to be here one way or other so there is no use in crying over spilt milk.

Now let me also say that I wanted to keep Hall because I know how hard it is to find good corners.  Most of the people screaming to get rid of him think good corners grow on trees or you can just draft a rookie or start a 2nd year player and everything will be fine...

Not with this pass rush...

And Abraham..... he's a 30 year old injury prone DE...  make no mistake.... we got hosed in that deal... we couldn't get a 2nd round pick for him with his contract.

As much as I would have loved to keep Hall around, we have the face the truth. The guy did not want to be apart of the team any more and was looking for such a huge pay day that the only team that would even consider it was one even more desperate than us. Not happy at all about the compensation, hopefully it will come up a bit more than just a 2nd round pick...

Some people on here are ignoring a very significant fact.  The 2nd and 6th round picks are going to take up around $2 mil per year over the next 4-5 years.  In other words, by trading Hall, we have whichever 2 players we draft PLUS an extra 8 mil in cap space over the next 5 years to fill other holes (10 mil is Hall's cap hit, we are replacing that with a 2 mil cap hit from the Oakland picks, meaning there's an 8 mil difference in cap hit).  I would take 2 draft picks and $8 mil more per season in cap space over Hall any day of the week.  We are not going to get equal talent to Hall with those two draft picks, no question about that.  Our team is much better with those two draft picks plus whomever we can get with that extra $8 mil per year we saved by not signing him.

IHateThe Cowboys! (3/19/2008)
Gnorts (3/19/2008)
Nuff said, losing Hall is a step backwards.  ANOTHER HOLE. This team is cursed.  Hall is a dink but ....

I disagree. Keeping him and paying $70 million for 7 years would have been alot dumber.

I don't think it would matter to me as much,if we were getting rid of all our high price or low production players,but Keith Brooking is still in the mix.The man is not even a top 20 MLB and not even a top 15 OLB,so why is he still here,his pay is to high and he's not a great LB.If you're going to fix it, fix it all.