So, what does the Hall trade include?

etherdome

D Hall is supposed to fly out to Oakland to finalize the deal. We all heard that the deal will include Oakland's second rounder and something else. What will that something be? It could just be a sixth rounder, or the rights to Mike Huff. Or, maybe a mystery player.

If you ask me, I would like to see us get their second rounder, Mike Huff and Andrew Walter. Walter is sitting on the bench and will probably never get a chance to play. Maybe the Raiders can get some cap relief by including him in the trade.

I'd like to be able to give Walter a shot to prove something during the minicamp. I don't pretend that Walter is the answer to our QB situation, but you never know.

I really don't think that's a bad idea.  I think we should let all the young QB's that haven't had a true shot come out and try to earn a spot on the team.  Andrew Walter was at one time being projected as the Raiders' franchise QB.  He got abused by a pathetic o-line and even more pathetic head coach.  The only reason he didn't get another shot is b/c the Raiders were bad enough to have the #1 pick last year, and dumb enough to draft Russell. 

bgarcia28 (3/19/2008)
D Hall is supposed to fly out to Oakland to finalize the deal. We all heard that the deal will include Oakland's second rounder and something else. What will that something be? It could just be a sixth rounder, or the rights to Mike Huff. Or, maybe a mystery player.

If you ask me, I would like to see us get their second rounder, Mike Huff and Andrew Walter. Walter is sitting on the bench and will probably never get a chance to play. Maybe the Raiders can get some cap relief by including him in the trade.

I'd like to be able to give Walter a shot to prove something during the minicamp. I don't pretend that Walter is the answer to our QB situation, but you never know.

Although I have heard the "rumor" about Huff, I haven't seen anything mentioning "something else" in addition to the 2nd round pick.  Most everyone now is reporting a 2nd and 6th round pick.  Do you have a link to your rumor?

ESPN is saying this today:

A source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the deal is for seven years and worth $70 million. The amount of guaranteed money and bonuses in the contract have not been finalized.

The source also told Mortensen the teams are discussing possibly more compensation than just a second-round pick for the Raiders to acquire Hall, a two-time All-Pro.

Yesterday they said it was for a 2nd and 6th.  The link to THAT page has been replaced by the page that now has the info I posted above.

I just got some info last night on this from my buddy.

He said that the Raiders plan to keep Huff and play him at Free Safety(where he belongs)

He also said that the Raiders are wanting to give us a pick for the 2009 draft because they have so few picks this year and that they may also include a player as well.  They need to get rid of some salaries so who knows at this point.  It may be someone like Walter or Morrisson.

We won't know until later today or even Thursday but there will be a deal in place by Thursday.

There's no chance in **** they give us Huff or Morrison. They signed Wilson so they can move Huff to a more natural position (FS). Huff's cap hit won't be as much of an issue once they make a few more cuts and/or trades (Jordan, Washington, etc) to free up cap space.

k-train (3/19/2008)
There's no chance in **** they give us Huff or Morrison. They signed Wilson so they can move Huff to a more natural position (FS). Huff's cap hit won't be as much of an issue once they make a few more cuts and/or trades (Jordan, Washington, etc) to free up cap space.

If we were able to get Huff, it would be the steal of the decade.

goosedaddy70 (3/19/2008)
I just got some info last night on this from my buddy.

He said that the Raiders plan to keep Huff and play him at Free Safety(where he belongs)

He also said that the Raiders are wanting to give us a pick for the 2009 draft because they have so few picks this year and that they may also include a player as well.  They need to get rid of some salaries so who knows at this point.  It may be someone like Walter or Morrisson.

We won't know until later today or even Thursday but there will be a deal in place by Thursday.

I heard the same about Huff. He will start @ FS and Wilson @ SS. OAK easily has the best DB starters in the NFL. Asomugha, Hall, Huff and Wilson....wow.

I can tell you there is NO way OAK give Morrison. They probably wouldnt trade Morrison for Hall even up. I know I wouldnt.

Hey,  for all of you guys thinking Huff will be included in this trade... 

How much is he getting paid?  He was drafted pretty high and it's not like we have tons of cap space.

It would be nice if we could get him but I think the Raiders would trade him straight up rather than trade him and a second round pick...