JUST WHEN I AM FEELING PROUD OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD

magnus23

Yes this FO is doing the right thing.

Yes we have lots of things to look forward to.

With all this dead money on our roster we are forced to have the youngest team in the NFL.

And our GM specializes in exactly the selection skills we need.

If we can get to 7-9 next year as predicted by mainstream falcon haters in the media....

Then we will have our championship in a few years when the dead money becomes available.

I love the passion our fans have expressed.

I have been around this board a long time ... and there is more passion now than in 2005.

But what you all need to understand is this (most of you already do).

OUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS IS NOT...

QB

It is not ...

CB

It is not even OT ... though it is an obvious need.

It is DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT

Someone please call Kincade ... or some of our good fans ... and explain that we currently...

do not have a starting and healthy...

Undertackle,

Nosetackle,

Defensive tackle.

That is why Dorsey or Ellis will be our first pick....

Especially with this being a deep OT draft year.

magnus23 (3/18/2008)
Yes this FO is doing the right thing.

Yes we have lots of things to look forward to.

With all this dead money on our roster we are forced to have the youngest team in the NFL.

And our GM specializes in exactly the selection skills we need.

If we can get to 7-9 next year as predicted by mainstream falcon haters in the media....

Then we will have our championship in a few years when the dead money becomes available.

I love the passion our fans have expressed.

I have been around this board a long time ... and there is more passion now than in 2005.

But what you all need to understand is this (most of you already do).

OUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS IS NOT...

QB

It is not ...

CB

It is not even OT ... though it is an obvious need.

It is DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT DT

Someone please call Kincade ... or some of our good fans ... and explain that we currently...

do not have a starting and healthy...

Undertackle,

Nosetackle,

Defensive tackle.

That is why Dorsey or Ellis will be our first pick....

Especially with this being a deep OT draft year.

7-9? :w00t:

I guess you're predicting some act of God in the next six months. All I see is a team that isn't even as good as the one that went 4-12 before it. Without said divine intervention the Falcons won't even come close to 7-9.

response to b-train....

<a%20href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/14/five.improved.teams/1.html"%20target="_blank">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ed.teams/1.html</a>" target="_blank">

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ed.teams/1.html

Thanks Eagle's fan .... good luck to you.

Sports Illustrated you can not claim to be "Falcon Friendly" but click the link above to see the basis of my 7-9 reference.

BTW ... I think we will do better than that.

SI thinks we will go 7-9.

I don't know about 7-9, but I do think you will see a better team than last years 4-12, and here is why.

1. Our coach has more NFL experience than Petrino had. Petrino works with boys not men who get paid to play. Our OC and DC are probably upgrades as well.

2. I think our running game will be solid again. Dunn was not running with authority last year, and that could have been because our line was horrible and banged up. Improvements have been made in both areas.

3. Our D is going to be better IMO. I think we will use our 3rd pick on DL and I think we will see an immediate impact. I also think there is some more FAs to come.

4. The NFC South is still not that strong, and we could possibly go 4-4 in our division. Maybe.

I think this team is heading in the right direction. I think you will see patience from our Coach and you will see a vet QB on our team do well, because of improvements in the running game, and line in general.

I choose to be excited about the upcoming season. Why be gloom and doom? It's all one big "?"

magnus23 (3/18/2008)
response to b-train....

<a%20href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/14/five.improved.teams/1.html"%20target="_blank">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ed.teams/1.html</a>" target="_blank">

Sports Illustrated you can not claim to be "Falcon Friendly" but click the link above to see the basis of my 7-9 reference.

Its funny. AJC says something people agree with and suddenly its a great source. The other 364 days of the year you wouldn't line a birdcage with it.

A rookie organization ( rookie GM, rookie coach, rookies all over the field, etc) does not make for a 7-9 finish.

Offensively we're weak up front. QB is a huge question mark. RB is weak by virtue of the fact that we're weak up front and our WRs will underperform as a result of the QB question mark and a line that's laughable in pass protection.

Defensively we're weak up front again. We're still stuck with old man Brooking. Our CB situation is awful and I don't even know what's going on at Safety. Smith probably doesn't either.

Now are you seriously expecting Dimitroff to fill enough of those holes next month to go 7-9 or better next season?

This team is at least 2-3 years of stability removed from 8-8. Lets not even talk about a playoff run.

btrain5489 (3/18/2008)

I guess you're predicting some act of God in the next six months. All I see is a team that isn't even as good as the one that went 4-12 before it. Without said divine intervention the Falcons won't even come close to 7-9.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR RINGING VOTE OF CONFIDENCE!

If the Saints can go to the freaking NFC Chamionship game right over totally overhauling their roster, then predicting 7-9 or better isn't far fetched. Especially given the fact that we have a pretty veteran coaching staff and a GM whose specialty just so happens to be college scouting. It doesn't hurt having a massive amount of ammunition in a deep draft.

btrain5489 (3/18/2008)
magnus23 (3/18/2008)
response to b-train....

Its funny. AJC says something people agree with and suddenly its a great source. The other 364 days of the year you wouldn't line a birdcage with it.

A rookie organization ( rookie GM, rookie coach, rookies all over the field, etc) does not make for a 7-9 finish.

Offensively we're weak up front. QB is a huge question mark. RB is weak by virtue of the fact that we're weak up front and our WRs will underperform as a result of the QB question mark and a line that's laughable in pass protection.

Defensively we're weak up front again. We're still stuck with old man Brooking. Our CB situation is awful and I don't even know what's going on at Safety. Smith probably doesn't either.

Now are you seriously expecting Dimitroff to fill enough of those holes next month to go 7-9 or better next season?

This team is at least 2-3 years of stability removed from 8-8. Lets not even talk about a playoff run.

Hear! Hear;)!

btrain5489 (3/18/2008)

BOY ..... NOT ONE POSITIVE THING YET FROM YOU. ARE YOU A FAN OF THE FALCONS? WE DON'T MIND YOU TELLING US WHAT'S WRONG. BUT TELL US ALSO WHAT'S RIGHT! UNLESS YOU'RE THE PROPHET OF DOOM. IF SO, THEN WE UNDERSTAND ....... YOUR JOB IS TO BRING GLOOM AND DOOM.;)

i love people like you that think you know the answer... how can you say DT is a bigger need then OT RIGHT NOW.... Trey Lewis is said to be coming back by the start of the season... we have NO legitimate starting LT or RT for that matter... Forney is just flat out horrible.... i just don't see how you can say DT is a bigger need then OL for that matter... especially when there is still a chance of bringing in a DT like gravy.... i just don't see that whatsoever... stop acting like you are above everyone else... there is no quick fix... it is going to be a process

controlfreak (3/18/2008)
btrain5489 (3/18/2008)
magnus23 (3/18/2008)
response to b-train....

ummm ... to both of you MGs....

That was not AJC.

It was SI.

Every year has a few worst to firsts and vice versa.

Even if we hold our own next season... we are doing so at a handicap.

Something that will make us stronger later.

Sorry if that upsets you.

Hear! Hear;)!

It is a Patriots Scout as Falcon GM = DT.

It is a Jaguars Defensive Coordinator as Head Coach = DT.

They traded Hall.

THe only way to ensure that their pass defense isn't the worst in Franchise history is to over-load the Defensive- Front 7 with pass-rushers and drop the LBs into coverage/zones..