Brian Brohm

dhrone

how do you guys think we can manage to get Brohm without giving up too much or without drafting him with the 3rd pick?

If Matt Ryan drops past us i think the Ravens will get him @ 9. But then there are some other teams below that that might pick him up.

What I think would be best case scenario is trade down with the Chiefs, Jets, and Patriots (all 3 could have reasonable motives for trading up depending on who is on the board) who each pick in front of Baltimore, who I think we need to stay in front of to get Brohm. Then take Brohm at 5, 6, or 7 and we also have 4 2nd round picks. Lot of versatility there to move around.

Scott , what if his leg isn't good enough to chance for our team at the 3rd. pic. and this might be the factor that rules in Brohm favor . And most franchise QBs are pic'd early in the first rd. And there's aplus here I haven't heard spoken of yet ,and that is we don't have to trade up to get him , like we did with Vic and as other teams have had to do in times past.

allen jones (3/18/2008)
Scott , what if his leg isn't good enough to chance for our team at the 3rd. pic. and this might be the factor that rules in Brohm favor . And most franchise QBs are pic'd early in the first rd. And there's aplus here I haven't heard spoken of yet ,and that is we don't have to trade up to get him , like we did with Vic and as other teams have had to do in times past.

Oh, if his knees are in bad condition, there's NO way I'd draft him that early.  If that's the case, I'd have no problem drafting Brohm at #3 (although I'd rather trade down, but if you want your guy, you take him and don't look back).  Before I drafted Brohm at 3, I'd strongly consider either Long (if available) or even Sedrick Ellis.  But if we ended up with Brohm, I wouldn't be disappointed.  After all, I did order his Louisville Cardinal's jersey off of eBay in mid-November.  :D

I understand . Dorsey is 1 alsome DT he bad news to the OL and QBs . But he would want alot of $$$ @ 3 also . And that might be too much of a chance for our team. Anyone choosen @ 3 is going to get payed $$$. But we don't have to lose pics to get a QB and you still going to have pay alot of $$$, and that still helps us get more pics this way verses trying to gamble trying to get back in the first rd. To get a QB THAT YOU PASSED BY! You lose other good pics. And that's not going to help the team it going to hurt the team.

I don't think a trade down will happen in the top 5 unless Dallas makes a deal with Oakland to take DMC.

We need to take Dorsey or Ellis with our #3 pick... that's my opinion.  It's hard to say what might happen with Brohm.  I think the only team with a legitimate need to take a QB high is the Ravens... beyond them, I think everyone else is either set or content to take a player at another position. 

If the Ravens do take Matt Ryan and Brohm is still there at the end of the 1st, I think we definitely need to trade up... I just don't trust waiting to see if Brohm slips past Miami and Kansas City in the 2nd.

I'm still not sold on Ryan being the consensus #1 QB in this class.  Mayock and ESPN can ramble on all they want about it, but I just can't imagine most real NFL scouts being that stupid.

dhrone (3/18/2008)
how do you guys think we can manage to get Brohm without giving up too much or without drafting him with the 3rd pick?

If Matt Ryan drops past us i think the Ravens will get him @ 9. But then there are some other teams below that that might pick him up.

He will probably be a Viking--by the middle of the 1st round

Dirty_DVD (3/19/2008)
dhrone (3/18/2008)

He will probably be a Viking--by the middle of the 1st round

I doubt that.  Travaris Jackson made huge strides the second half of last season.  He no longer became part of the problem with Minnesota.  He had to make a huge leap from a small school to playing in the NFL.  And I think he's going to be the future QB for the Vikings.  If anything though, I see them adding a QB relatively early just for competition. 

The Vikings desperately need a DE to get after the QB.  With the Williams' boys manning the middle of that DL, a speed-rushing DE would make them even better.  They may also be going for a WR.