IM SO PISSED AT THIS DHALL TRADE!!!

da snowman

we only got a dang on 2nd round pick, and a 6 rounder who is not gonna be important, and might end up on the practice squad..we got done in the butt with no vaseline.come on guys, dhall had a mouth on him, we all know that, but his skills on the field cannot be replaced within the next 2-3 years. im not convinced that houston can be a #1 corner until he gets more experience, i hope really hope we go out and get a veteran corner to take halls place and help groom other young corners on our team because we have no veteran leadership at the cornerback position..can anyone post the free agent vet corners out there still on the market??

BlacksburgHokie (3/18/2008)
Or we could have kept him and gotten nothing when he walked after next season.

Don't you think if we could have gotten anything better, we would have taken it?

yea, we could have kept him no matter what he said talking about he was gonna be a "disruption on the field" if he didnt get resigned or traded..now how childish does that sound for a grown man to say something like that. i dont believe that whoever posted that thread, not only would he be hurting us if he did that, but he would be hurting himself because this season, he would be auditioning for other teams and to sit out on his own terms would not look good on his resume, and probably would find himself playing arena football at the beginning of the 2009 season..

da snowman (3/18/2008)
we only got a dang on 2nd round pick, and a 6 rounder who is not gonna be important, and might end up on the practice squad..we got done in the butt with no vaseline.come on guys, dhall had a mouth on him, we all know that, but his skills on the field cannot be replaced within the next 2-3 years. im not convinced that houston can be a #1 corner until he gets more experience, i hope really hope we go out and get a veteran corner to take halls place and help groom other young corners on our team because we have no veteran leadership at the cornerback position..can anyone post the free agent vet corners out there still on the market??

So far as the 6th round pick not being important, or not contributing.

Last years 6th round was

Trey Lewis, David Irons, Doug Datish, and Daren Stone. Every one made the team and contibuted except for Datish, and he was injured in the preseason.

rcky_mtn_falcon (3/18/2008)
da snowman (3/18/2008)

Last years 6th round was

Trey Lewis, David Irons, Doug Datish, and Daren Stone. Every one made the team and contibuted except for Datish, and he was injured in the preseason.

im sorry but trey lewis is overrated by some people..he is not an impact player YET..so many people give him praise because of the interception he made i forgot what game it was, but he was just in the right spot at the right time, and stuck his hands out. if he would of missed it, he didnt deserve to play football, but it was a elementary catch..he was thrown into the fire because of injuries which hurts players to be put into the spotlight like that. im not sold on trey lewis, and with this so called "freak" accident he just had, i dont know..

da snowman (3/18/2008)

cry.jpg

da snowman (3/18/2008)

Last years 6th round was

Everyone made the team and contributed to an overall 4-12 record...what a contribution!

The Falcons will easily find a less outspoken player to replace D-Hall. Problem is that the odds of finding a guy of equal or better skill is a bit slimmer.

nevesmetro (3/18/2008)
Rev AL Sharpton (3/18/2008)
Our Franchise him, like everyone else does...

In the 790 interview he said he would have come back and played his final season IF we didn't franchise him. He would have been happy to walk and choose his team

Players dont make the rules.He would have played.Just more mindless garbage.

nevesmetro (3/18/2008)

In the 790 interview he said he would have come back and played his final season IF we didn't franchise him. He would have been happy to walk and choose his team

I heard him

He had no leverage, however. The players that try that bargain, are free agents currently and are about to be franchised THIS YEAR. And they sign the tender with that agreement, for the next year.

da snowman (3/18/2008)
da snowman (3/18/2008)

Last years 6th round was

im sorry but trey lewis is overrated by some people..he is not an impact player YET..so many people give him praise because of the interception he made i forgot what game it was, but he was just in the right spot at the right time, and stuck his hands out. if he would of missed it, he didnt deserve to play football, but it was a elementary catch..he was thrown into the fire because of injuries which hurts players to be put into the spotlight like that. im not sold on trey lewis, and with this so called "freak" accident he just had, i dont know..

Da snowman-the fact is we got value for an over rated player.  DH was beat more than he made plays.  This is not like the Madden game you play or fantasy football.  Its the real deal.  TD and MS are banking their career on these moves.  I trust their evaluation over what you and many others are blabbing about on here.

da snowman (3/18/2008)

Last years 6th round was

Those guys were indeed on the roster, the impact...ends there.

EataPeach (3/18/2008)
da snowman (3/18/2008)
da snowman (3/18/2008)

Last years 6th round was

Da snowman-the fact is we got value for an over rated player.  DH was beat more than he made plays.  This is not like the Madden game you play or fantasy football.  Its the real deal.  TD and MS are banking their career on these moves.  I trust their evaluation over what you and many others are blabbing about on here.

so you are happy with a rookie corner, and houston as our starting corners, and an aging malloy, and whoever at the other safety spot??i dont care what scheme we are using, we need impact corners no matter what anyone says. look at the past superbowl champs, all had impact corners..houston is ok, but is still young and i know he will develop into a great corner one day, but not no time soon. we need veteran leadership in the secondary.

bigduke633 (3/18/2008)
nevesmetro (3/18/2008)

Players dont make the rules.He would have played.Just more mindless garbage.

Players don't make rules but he wanted to make an agreement.

http://790thezone.com/vdDynamic/AudioBits/1-audiobit4725.mp3

FalconHEAT (3/18/2008)
I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  DHall was a nice player, but was far from elite or a "shutdown" corner. 

he was still young, and developing into that shutdown corner..there is no such thing as a shutdown corner anyway, if that was the case, that corner would never get beat on any given sunday, and even corners like champ bailey gets beat every once and a while to keep him honest..

da snowman (3/18/2008)
FalconHEAT (3/18/2008)
I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  DHall was a nice player, but was far from elite or a "shutdown" corner. 

he was still young, and developing into that shutdown corner..there is no such thing as a shutdown corner anyway, if that was the case, that corner would never get beat on any given sunday, and even corners like champ bailey gets beat every once and a while to keep him honest..

He is what we thought he was, he isnt what he says he is!  2 picks for him is great value.  The professional analysts agree-good deal for ATL.

da snowman (3/18/2008)

there are a bunch of good sixth rounders league wide. its wrong to judge players because of what round they go in. its all about their ability and work ethic. i do agree that i want a vet corner brought in.

Everyone made the team and contributed to an overall 4-12 record...what a contribution!

The Falcons will easily find a less outspoken player to replace D-Hall. Problem is that the odds of finding a guy of equal or better skill is a bit slimmer.

That record is not idicative of their play and value to the team.  DH skills are not that remarkable-he is much overated.  He was beaten more than he made plays.  We will be fine.  Again, I trust those who's jobs are riding on the decisions more than I trust the Madden and Fantasy posters on here.

da snowman (3/18/2008)

he was still young, and developing into that shutdown corner..there is no such thing as a shutdown corner anyway,

Um...okay.

I also noted that you complained there was "no veteran leadership" at the DB position, my question to you is...Do we really need the kind of leadership DHall provides?

And remember one thing, I'd look like a shutdown corner playing opposite Jason Webster for 3 years.

FalconHEAT (3/18/2008)
da snowman (3/18/2008)

he was still young, and developing into that shutdown corner..there is no such thing as a shutdown corner anyway,

Um...okay.

I also noted that you complained there was "no veteran leadership" at the DB position, my question to you is...Do we really need the kind of leadership DHall provides?

And remember one thing, I'd look like a shutdown corner playing opposite Jason Webster for 3 years.

whether you like it or not, dhall did provide leadership to houston and helped him develop and have the good games that houston had...hall is not you typical corner, he has a mouth on him that comes with the package. 9 times out of 10, he had this same mouth and attitude at virginia tech, so my question is why the **** did blank bring him in in the first place??this attitude did not just creep up on him.

[

whether you like it or not, dhall did provide leadership to houston and helped him develop and have the good games that houston had...hall is not you typical corner, he has a mouth on him that comes with the package. 9 times out of 10, he had this same mouth and attitude at virginia tech, so my question is why the **** did blank bring him in in the first place??this attitude did not just creep up on him.

Little Jimmy Mora!!  Where is he now!