2nd and 6th? Espn articles on home page only mention a 2nd

falconfan1982

They had originally agreed to a 2nd and a 6th but word is, now that the contract with D. Hall has been finalized, that the Raiders and Falcons are currently talking about what all will be included along with the #34 pick.

It may be another pick or it could also involve a player.  We won't know until they come out of negotiations.

goosedaddy70 (3/18/2008)
They had originally agreed to a 2nd and a 6th but word is, now that the contract with D. Hall have been finalized, that the Raiders and Falcons are currently talking about what all will be included along with the #34 pick.

It may be another pick or it could also involve a player. We won't know until they come out of negotiations.

cross your fingers man!! it hopefully better than a 6th!! if we get a player, that's just as good as getting a pick because that would help fill a hole - hopefully.

goosedaddy70 (3/18/2008)
It may actually be more than that. I just talked to my buddy, who is in the know, and he said that it may be a higher pick for the 2009 draft and it could involve a player so that the Raiders can start reducing their team salary.

Again, we won't know until later this evening.

man, your getting my hopes up. it better not be a let down.

i'm starting to think morrison or howard or maybe at least routt or washington

i talked to my friend, he's not a falcons fan but a dolphins fan and he said we should have gotten more than a 2nd rounder. so hopefully that will happen.

Well, this guy knows a pretty good bit of what is going on so I think we will get a good deal no matter what.

We definitely have their #34 pick and we will get another pick or picks and maybe even another player.

I am very interested in seeing what happens.  I think this will be good for us as a team in the long run.

They are currently discussing more compensation for Hall.

"The source also told Mortensen the teams are discussing possibly more compenstation than just a second-round pick for the Raiders to acquire Hall, a two-time All-Pro. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3300199

I think the extra compensation will be a player, probably Michael Huff. Not because Huff is a bad player or anything, but with Gibril Wilson in town they don't have the money to afford him. Also, from what I'm hearing he is not the kind of safety Ryan prefers in his system.

mbrizzle (3/18/2008)
Yeah. I just saw the thing about extra compensation. I really do hope it's a 2nd, Huff, and a 6th.

The Raiders HAVE to start clearing out some salary space. They've spent an absolutely absurd amount of money this offseason.

I agree. I don't think there is any reason you bring Gibril Wilson in unless you have some kind of issue with Michael Huff, or you plan on moving Huff to free safety. I doubt they move Huff to free safety because they already have a very solid player in Stuart Schweigert, and Huff is not a good fit for that position.

Gibril Wilson is only 26 years old, and is on one of the biggest contracts of any safety in the NFL next to Bob Sanders. He's there for the long haul.  To get DHall in there, they have no choice but to start clearing some cap space. Hopefully they send Huff to us in their effort to do that.