Jason Elam

falconfansince66 (3/18/2008)
He's tied for the all-time longest FG in history with a 63-yarder.  Guy still has plenty of leg left, will work in ATL for a lesser contract than usual because he's LOCAL, and he's perfect under 40 yards.  He'd be more reliable than Mort if you can imagine that!

Does the whole elevation/high altitude thing of playing in Denver kind of worry you?

Sun Tzu 7 (3/18/2008)
He's tied for the all-time longest FG in history with a 63-yarder.  Guy still has plenty of leg left, will work in ATL for a lesser contract than usual because he's LOCAL, and he's perfect under 40 yards.  He'd be more reliable than Mort if you can imagine that!

Does the whole elevation/high altitude thing of playing in Denver kind of worry you?

Not really.  If anything, he could be even more accurate in the Dome...

Oh, and the 63 yarder Elam kicked was in JACKSONVILLE.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (3/18/2008)
3rd and short (3/18/2008)
Coming in tomorrow and I think he's 38?

So he's mort Jr....Why cant we just draft a kicker and get it over with!

Elam could probably be signed for 4-5 years without a problem.  We've tried drafting several kickers over the past few years and it seems like they get stagefright when the come up to play at the pro level.  I say sign Elam and get it over with!!!!

Elam could probably be signed for 4-5 years without a problem.  We've tried drafting several kickers over the past few years and it seems like they get stagefright when the come up to play at the pro level.  I say sign Elam and get it over with!!!!

I dont remember drafting any kickers...Prater was a UDFA...who did we draft?? and with what pick?

Olympia Martin (3/18/2008)

I dont remember drafting any kickers...Prater was a UDFA...who did we draft?? and with what pick?

My bad, I tried looking up for any kickers we've drafted the past few years and we haven't.  I know that they've tried changing their kicking game a few times the past few years and Mort would have to come bail them out.  But Mort's limit was about 43 yards this past season.  Next year it may become 40.  Elam's leg is still strong and he's still nailing 50+ yarders.  If ANYTHING, I'd like to have Elam because then you feel more confident with the kicks because he's been in all the pressure cooking situations with the game on the line, etc.