Jamaal Anderson better be having the OFFSEASON OF HIS LIFE RIGHT NOW!!!

Gimmesomo

Gimmesomo (3/18/2008)
I'm talking bench presses, inclined bench press, squats, power cleans the whole nine!!! If that muthasucka don't come back looking like Arnold Schwarznegger or Vernon Gholston or somebody next season i'm fire off on his azz personally!!!!

how do you know gholston will pan out?? So goes my point TD might be painting himself into a corner with these decisions...........if one or more of these picks don't come out like gangbusters 90 % of this boards will call for mutiny!

malk2.0 (3/18/2008)
Andersons problem wasnt strength it was quickness. He needs to work on technique on getting to the QB.

IT WAS ALL THREE!!!! That muthasucka was a HUGE disappointment man.....stop acting as if "it's o.k. to be a Top Ten pick rookie and not have ANY effect on the team"....c'mon...

Gimmesomo (3/18/2008)
malk2.0 (3/18/2008)
Andersons problem wasnt strength it was quickness. He needs to work on technique on getting to the QB.

IT WAS ALL THREE!!!! That muthasucka was a HUGE disappointment man.....stop acting as if "it's o.k. to be a Top Ten pick rookie and not have ANY effect on the team"....c'mon...

What? He didnt have any effect on the team? He sure stopped the run pretty **** good for us. If he wasnt strong he wouldnt of been stout against the run.

Getting to the QB is not the only job a DE does, especially the LE.

The Falcon Ace (3/18/2008)
FalconMama (3/18/2008)
The nerve of you to even suggest Vick was ran out of town.

Even without the dog incident, 1/3 of this board wanted him gone.

Sheep dont like to hear the truth. Oh well tho, vick is gone and so is hall. Im really curious at who will be the next player the fans constantly cry about on this forum.

scott hartley (3/18/2008)
bench press is his main need. and he needs to work on some moves.

you also need to do pulls. reverse butterflies whatever you want to call them. strenthening the back helps the front.

he needs to add muscle, endurance, and quickness. that is the progression of rookies.  He will improve but his biggest improvement will be a DT or 2

Sun Tzu 7 (3/18/2008)
prov1playa630 (3/18/2008)
most people were calling mario williams a bust after year 1 and look at what he did last year

Exactly, they drafted a DT the next season and Mario Williams got much better.

I'm hoping we can have similar results...

14 sacks but ****. SO much for all the people calling the texans idiots for picking him instead of bush.

well if anderson improves like williams did then at least hes got 12. i agree with the poster that said we need a dt. dt takes alot of pressure off the ends to allow them to get up the field and get after the qb.  remember the main job of the de is outside containment though. was taught never let the offensive player with the ball get outside of you on a running play.

ugadawg (3/18/2008)

you also need to do pulls. reverse butterflies whatever you want to call them. strenthening the back helps the front.

he needs to add muscle, endurance, and quickness. that is the progression of rookies. He will improve but his biggest improvement will be a DT or 2

yup

ugadawg (3/18/2008)

he needs to add muscle, endurance, and quickness. that is the progression of rookies.  He will improve but his biggest improvement will be a DT or 2

Exactly!!! strengthen your back does help the front...so do core exercises...But there is no way he can make a decent impact at Tackle if he doesn't get bigger and stronger...

Sun Tzu 7 (3/18/2008)
prov1playa630 (3/18/2008)
most people were calling mario williams a bust after year 1 and look at what he did last year

Exactly,  they drafted a DT the next season and Mario Williams got much better.

I'm hoping we can have similar results...

Yup and both Ellis & Dorsey are better prospects than Okoye was IMO. But Williams was a far better prospect than Anderson. I just really hope we see some signs of life out of Jamaal this season.

14 sacks but ****. SO much for all the people calling the texans idiots for picking him instead of bush.

Hind-sight is 20/20 but with Bush you knew he wasn't going to be an every down back in a traditional system.

However,  can you imagine what Bush could do in a cut-back zoneblocking scheme?  I think he would be perfect for that.