The H.N.I.C. 2! Mock Draft 3/18/08

Nfl Mock Draft: Atlanta Falcons

Trades: D.Hall to Oakland for 2nd Rnd pick 34 and 6th rnd pick..

Atlanta Falcons NFL Draft:

PICK #

1. Glenn Dorsey (DT) LSU

2a.Carl Nicks (OT) Nebraska

2b.Anthony Collins (OT) Kansas

2c.Dre Moore (DT) Maryland

3.Andre Woodson (QB) Kentucky 

4.Jonathan Zenon (CB) LSU

5.Mike McGlynn (OG) Pittsburg

6a.Kendall Langford (DE) Hampton  

6b.Brandon Coutu (K) Georgia

7a.Paul Hubbard (WR) Wisconsin

7b.Brian Witherspoon (CB/KR) Stillman

2009 1st rnd Pick: Taylor Mays (SS) USC - Ball hawking safety needed for the cover 2, Milloys replacment and starts Day 1

Another Mock Draft brought to you by The H.N.I.C, hope u like it, if u dont like a pick, or u dont think its realistic let me know.....I try to keep it realistic, but sometimes mess up...But anyway comment Please!

I think this is fairly realistic.  Maybe switch the Collins and Nicks picks, but I think it's OK anyways.  I LOVE the Dorsey pick, as well as the two OTs, and Mike McGlynn.  I'm just not sure Andre Woodson is the answer at QB.  And I'm also not sure we wait until the second day (3rd round), to address the QB position.  I'd be shocked if we didn't have a QB in one of our first 3 picks.  Not a bad draft though.

Let me explain my Woodson pick....

I dont like to trade up in my drafts...So Ryan and Brohm are out of the question

This leaves Flacco/Henne and woodson

Flacco is all potential, he has never played any thing near NFL talent...If he were a 3rd rnder or a late 2nd rnder id take him...at this point, it looks like he goes early 2nd or even late 1st...Too much of a risk to me...Not worth it

Leaving Henne, and Woodson.....To me there isnt much difference between these guys, Id rather use a 3rd on woodson, than a 2nd on henne...Thats just why i choose him

With these picks we'll have a good O-line and D-line, Our run game will improve, which will help our QB. Woodson wouldnt be required to win games for us, like manning or brady, but just manage it, and not turn it over kinda like garrad in Jax...(not comparing the 2, garrard is becoming a star in this league, but early in the season, he was just managing the game very well)

The H.N.I.C. 2! (3/18/2008)

I dont like to trade up in my drafts...So Ryan and Brohm are out of the question

Flacco is all potential, he has never played any thing near NFL talent...If he were a 3rd rnder or a late 2nd rnder id take him...at this point, it looks like he goes early 2nd or even late 1st...Too much of a risk to me...Not worth it

Leaving Henne, and Woodson.....To me there isnt much difference between these guys, Id rather use a 3rd on woodson, than a 2nd on henne...Thats just why i choose him

With these picks we'll have a good O-line and D-line, Our run game will improve, which will help our QB. Woodson wouldnt be required to win games for us, like manning or brady, but just manage it, and not turn it over kinda like garrad in Jax...(not comparing the 2, garrard is becoming a star in this league, but early in the season, he was just managing the game very well)

That's a good explanation but I'd poke myself in the eye before taking Woodson.

Matthew Pritts (3/18/2008)

So who do u want?, and with what pick would u draft your QB??

With these picks we'll have a good O-line and D-line, Our run game will improve, which will help our QB. Woodson wouldnt be required to win games for us, like manning or brady, but just manage it, and not turn it over kinda like garrad in Jax...(not comparing the 2, garrard is becoming a star in this league, but early in the season, he was just managing the game very well)

Well thought out......I'd be happy with that draft.

I'd take Henne w/the 34th and call it a day.He fits our scheme perfectly.

But I might be willing to use of those 2nds to trade back into the bottom of the 1st if I felt Henne was gonna be snatched by Miami at the top of the 2nd.

But I might be willing to use of those 2nds to trade back into the bottom of the 1st if I felt Henne was gonna be snatched by Miami at the top of the 2nd.

now if we traded up in the 1st for henne, then id poke my eyes out...He is worth at most a mid 2nd rnder...I wouldnt touch him before the 48th pick..But again, I dont see what henne has over Woodson.....

now if we traded up in the 1st for henne, then id poke my eyes out...He is worth at most a mid 2nd rnder...I wouldnt touch him before the 48th pick..But again, I dont see what henne has over Woodson.....

Henne has mnuch more consistency, 4 yr.starter, and played in a pro-style offense where as Woodson didn't play in a pro-offense, he played out of the gun mostly, and he is a lot like LEftwich.

And Henne is the 2nd best QB in this draft behind Brohm, and it's very close.

And Henne will be gone by the top 3rd of the 2nd round IMO.

1.Brohm

1B.Henne

3.JDB

4.Ryan

Id be ok with Henne, but only in the Late second pick 48...Which i think he will be available, any earilier than that is a reach

Henne had jake long,Mike Hart,Mario Mannigham, Harrington, on Offense as well, Woodson didnt have really anyone....

Leftwitch and woodson are nothing alike...Woodson does have a wierd release, but it can definitetly be fixed....

Woodson turned Kentucky around with almost no help....Michigan had all the pieces but still fell short with Henne...Thiers got to be a reason why

I like it, and woodson is better value in the 3rd than henne in the second...Especially this guy who thinks we should trade up for him...My god, Henne is ok, but not much better than woodson!

Henne had lots of talent on his team, and he still struggled...Woodson led his team to win over the National Champs...Henne couldnt even beat OSU...

Great Job on the mock, i hope our Draft goes as good as this

Olympia Martin (3/18/2008)
I like it, and woodson is better value in the 3rd than henne in the second...Especially this guy who thinks we should trade up for him...My god,Henne is ok, but not much better than woodson!

Henne had lots of talent onhis team, and he still struggled...Woodson led his team to win over the National Champs...Henne couldnt even beat OSU...

Great Job on the mock, i hope our Draft goes as good as this

Peyton Manning never beat Florida, whats your point?

Id be ok with Henne, but only in the Late second pick 48...Which i think he will be available, any earilier than that is a reach

Henne had jake long,Mike Hart,Mario Mannigham, Harrington, on Offense as well, Woodson didnt have really anyone....

Leftwitch and woodson are nothing alike...Woodson does have a wierd release, but it can definitetly be fixed....

Woodson turned Kentucky around with almost no help....Michigan had all the pieces but still fell short with Henne...Thiers got to be a reason why

I think Lloyd Carr has a lot to do w/that.

I love that mock draft, and would easily be the best draft I have seen. The only thing I would change is Chevous Jackson for Jonathon Zenon. Everything else is perfect. You will never get that guy to see why Henne isn't all world or Woodson isn't the worst guy ever. If you have ever watched Woodson play, you would not be comparing him to Leftwitch... who was a first round pick. Stop listening to Mayock, and start watching film.

Love that mock. As for my take on QBs:

Brohm: #34 or lower (1st 2nd)

Ryan: #34 or lower (1st 2nd)

Henne: #49 or lower (3rd/4th 2nd depending on Hall trade)

Woodson: #66 or lower (3rd)

JDB: #100 or lower (4th)

Flacco: #49 or lower (3rd/4th 2nd depending on Hall Trade)

Ainge: #100 or lower (4th)

JJ: #100 or lower (4th)

O'Connell: #131 or lower (5th)

DD: #131 or lower (5th)

I don't have them ranked that highly...