I know this is gonna make everybody mad but...

I REALLY hope we don't Draft a QB until the 2nd Day....! If we can get over all the Ryans and Brohms and Hennes for a minute you'd see that we can REALLY feel some much needed holes with these first four picks! And even though i'd also like to trade down in the 1st Round and pick up some additional picks, the opportunity to get a Jake Long or a Glen Dorsey doesn't come around often so this is what i'd like to see:

1.) Glen Dorsey

2.) Curtis Loften

3.) Carl Nicks

4.) Josh Barrett

2nd Day QB options that are included but not limited to: Alex Woodson, John David Booty, Erik Ainge and last but not least Josh Johnson......can i getta B2K "Bump, Bump, Bump" from anybody???

L.Rover (3/18/2008)
So while we draft to fill holes this season, we wait another 3-4 years for Josh Johnson to be ready to take over at QB? How does that make sense? I would rather just wait on DJ Shockley if that is what we want...

Honestly, you think Josh Johnson will take 3-4 years?! That's the most hilariously absurd thing i've heard since Mike Mayock's crowning Matt Ryan as a Number 1 overall pick!!! :w00t:

I'd like to make a personal wager with you about the young man, Josh Johnson....if you aren't scared or religious that is........u game???

Matthew Pritts (3/18/2008)
You fail. Congrats.

No way do we wait till Day 2 to take a QB.

And it's ANDRE Woodson, not Alex. :laugh:

And both him and AInge will be lucky to be in the league in 3 years IMO.

I'd like to make a personal wager with you as well Mr. Pricks.....uh.....sorry, i mean Mr. Pritts.....u game???

Gimmesomo (3/18/2008)
L.Rover (3/18/2008)
So while we draft to fill holes this season, we wait another 3-4 years for Josh Johnson to be ready to take over at QB? How does that make sense? I would rather just wait on DJ Shockley if that is what we want...

Honestly, you think Josh Johnson will take 3-4 years?! That's the most hilariously absurd thing i've heard since Mike Mayock's crowning Matt Ryan as a Number 1 overall pick!!! :w00t:

I'd like to make a personal wager with you about the young man, Josh Johnson....if you aren't scared or religious that is........u game???

Your record in judging personal isn't good at all may I add.

L.Rover (3/18/2008)

Congrats.

O.k. my wager to both of you busters is this: If Josh Johson is a starting NFL QB by atleast Week 6 of his 2nd Year you will change your signatures to: "Gimmesomo is the King of FalconsLIFE Message Boards !!!! ALL HAIL GIMMESOMO!!!" If he's NOT a starter by Week 6 of Year 2 i'll change my signature to whatever you guys want me to!!! Lastly, if Josh Johnson plays WELL after starting then you guys have to leave the sigs up for 7 months apiece!!! If he DOES NOT play well then you only have to leave them up for 3 months apiece!!! Regardless of the latter i'll leave the signatures you give me up for A WHOLE YEAR!!!!! IF.....you win that is: DEAL!?

Scott24Falcs (3/18/2008)
Gimmesomo, I want an honest answer.  Put your hopes/wishes/dreams/drugs aside for a second:

Do you honestly think we will wait until the second day of the draft to get our franchise QB?

Yes or No.

Sorry Scott but i'm going to have to answer your question.......with a question....If there was no hope in this world where would we be??? Hmmm? Answer that bud...

Gimmesomo (3/18/2008)
Scott24Falcs (3/18/2008)
Gimmesomo, I want an honest answer.  Put your hopes/wishes/dreams/drugs aside for a second:

Do you honestly think we will wait until the second day of the draft to get our franchise QB?

Yes or No.

Sorry Scott but i'm going to have to answer your question.......with a question....If there was no hope in this world where would we be??? Hmmm? Answer that bud...

I'm glad that you realize the chance of us waiting until the second day to draft our franchise QB is microscopic, much like the size of your brain.

Gimmesomo (3/18/2008)
L.Rover (3/18/2008)

Congrats.

O.k. my wager to both of you busters is this: If Josh Johson is a starting NFL QB by atleast Week 6 of his 2nd Year you will change your signatures to: "Gimmesomo is the King of FalconsLIFE Message Boards !!!! ALL HAIL GIMMESOMO!!!" If he's NOT a starter by Week 6 of Year 2 i'll change my signature to whatever you guys want me to!!! Lastly, if Josh Johnson plays WELL after starting then you guys have to leave the sigs up for 7 months apiece!!! If he DOES NOT play well then you only have to leave them up for 3 months apiece!!! Regardless of the latter i'll leave the signatures you give me up for A WHOLE YEAR!!!!! IF.....you win that is: DEAL!?

You're on.

I feel pretty confident I'm winning this one. You're gonna have either Chad Henne or Brohm in your sig in a Falcons uni.

Scott24Falcs (3/18/2008)
Gimmesomo (3/18/2008)
Scott24Falcs (3/18/2008)

Yes or No.

I'm glad that you realize the chance of us waiting until the second day to draft our franchise QB is microscopic, much like the size of your brain.

I love you too Scott............now go take your meds o.k.???

Gimmesomo (3/18/2008)
I REALLY hope we don't Draft a QB until the 2nd Day....! If we can get over all the Ryans and Brohms and Hennes for a minute you'd see that we can REALLY feel some much neededholes with these first four picks! And even though i'd also like to trade down in the 1st Round and pick up some additional picks, the opportunity to get a Jake Long or a Glen Dorsey doesn't come around often so this is what i'd like to see:

1.) Glen Dorsey

2.) Curtis Loften

3.) Carl Nicks

4.) Josh Barrett

2nd Day QB options that are included but not limited to: Alex Woodson, John David Booty, Erik Ainge and last but not least Josh Johnson......can i getta B2K "Bump, Bump, Bump" from anybody???

So I guess QB isn't a real hole for this team. You can see Harrington & Redman leading us to the playoffs for the next few years right?

Mr. Offseason (3/18/2008)
gimmesomo,

why does josh johnson fit this offense any better than matt ryan does? i feel both would be vastly more succesful as west coast offense qbs. they dont have the arm strength to play in the vertical passing game imo.

I don't necessarily agree with them both being better off in the West-Coast Offense being that 1) Matt Ryan's throwing velocity is the same as mine and 2) Josh Johnson took a considerable number of snaps under center in a traditional pro-based offense with a little less than half the calls coming out of the spread formation. Also, though their arm strength is streaky Johnson has a great touch and enough velocity in his throw to make due and Ryan has....uh...intangibles...like uh....the will to win and all so...both of these QBs may not be the best to come out of this Draft but they definitely aren't "West Coast prodigies"