I'm really liking the Dimitroff, Smith regime so far. They are doing it right

halsey

Releasing and trading players who are no longer in the teams long term plans, stock piling draft picks, making some reasonable free agent signings. Everything seems to be getting done right so far. It looks to me like the Falcons are going in the right direction.

halsey (3/18/2008)
Releasing and trading players who are no longer in the teams long term plans, stock piling draft picks, making some reasonable free agent signings. Everything seems to be getting done right so far. It looks to me like the Falcons are going in the right direction.

Amen to that....................agree 1000%.

What a breath of fresh air !!!!!!!

halsey (3/18/2008)
Agree. I like every move so far this offseason (well, maybe if we didn't give Turner so much money, but oh well).

halsey (3/18/2008)

I agree, TD is a smart football guy.

halsey (3/18/2008)

Maybe you meant the Dimwit Regime. Smith wanted Hall. I can see this turning into another Tampa Bay situation. Coach and Gm always disagreeing, sooner or later, someone is going to have to go.

Rev AL Sharpton (3/18/2008)
That's strange, the coach wanted him...FO didn't....hmmm

If I were the new coach I would've told him the same thing just to keep him quiet and keep his trade value high. I seriously doubt this new regime is already divided as some pundits on this board have been implying.

I agree. I renewed my season tickets a few weeks ago based upon what I had seen and heard from the FO so far, and I've continued to like what they have done since then.

No doubt Hall had talent but I agree with the trade. I don't think he is worth $8 to $10 million a year but even if he is, the Falcons can't commit that much salary to his position given the current state of the team. And I wouldn't commit that much $ to him based upon his comments about wanting to leave anyway.

He says it was about winning, not $, then he passed on the Giants and signs with the most dsyfunctional franchise and owner in the AFC.

statzondeck (3/18/2008)
halsey (3/18/2008)

Maybe you meant the Dimwit Regime. Smith wanted Hall. I can see this turning into another Tampa Bay situation. Coach and Gm always disagreeing, sooner or later, someone is going to have to go.

Yeah, Smith and Dimitroff were fighing over whether to trade Hall because whiners like you say so.

grendel (3/18/2008)
statzondeck (3/18/2008)
halsey (3/18/2008)

They tried to bring him on board with the new scheme, and Hall said no. Not much you can do after that.

No Hall didn't. Where do people keep coming up with these lies? If Hall said no to the new system, why does the head coach still want him? Take your lies somewhere else to someone who is gullible enough to believe them, like you.

grendel (3/18/2008)
statzondeck (3/18/2008)
halsey (3/18/2008)

They tried to bring him on board with the new scheme, and Hall said no. Not much you can do after that.

Who said that? I could have sworn, that came from one of those "sources"....

halsey (3/18/2008)
statzondeck (3/18/2008)
halsey (3/18/2008)

Yeah, Smith and Dimitroff were fighing over whether to trade Hall because whiners like you say so.

Or maybe because Smith said so. He said numerous times that he wanted Hall. He stated it at the Combine on live TV during the interview.

hooper (3/18/2008)

If I were the new coach I would've told him the same thing just to keep him quiet and keep his trade value high. I seriously doubt this new regime is already divided as some pundits on this boardhave been implying.

Sure....

Looks like they pulled the old "Good Cop - Bad Cop" routine.

Smith would be viewed in a better light since he is closer to the players.

TD should be viewed as the bad man with the Ax and always ready to swing.

statzondeck (3/18/2008)
grendel (3/18/2008)
statzondeck (3/18/2008)
halsey (3/18/2008)

No Hall didn't. Where do people keep coming up with these lies? If Hall said no to the new system, why does the head coach still want him? Take your lies somewhere else to someone who is gullible enough to believe them, like you.

Makes no sense to me....

HailRazor (3/18/2008)
 I admit that I will miss the idea of being a lightning quick team with a hip hop vibe.

I guess I will just have to deal with building a solid team with strong fundamentals.  I just don't know how I will deal with winning, but I will try.

The idea of trading speed for smashmouth sickens me.  We used to be fun to watch, no we're the Big Ten of the NFL