Hall played "chicken" with the Raiders, and lost.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloodhoundz (3/17/2008)

Hall holds all the cards, this year and next.....TD is **cked!

I can assure you that Hall does not hold the cards.  The Falcons can sit him on the bench this year and then Franchise him next year and sit him on the bench.  Furthermore, the Falcons can spread the word throughout the league that Hall is a cancer and disruption in the locker room or just wait until Hall explodes.

Hall is a greedy ******* and it will cost him in the end!!

diehard10 (3/17/2008)
aveboogie2 (3/17/2008)
Bloodhoundz (3/17/2008)[hrquote]

I can assure you that Hall does not hold the cards.  The Falcons can sit him on the bench this year and then Franchise him next year and sit him on the bench.  Furthermore, the Falcons can spread the word throughout the league that Hall is a cancer and disruption in the locker room or just wait until Hall explodes.

Hall is a greedy ******* and it will cost him in the end.

These Hall lovers won't hear you.

The sound of them slobbering all over his jock is too deafening.

diehard10 (3/17/2008)
Bloodhoundz (3/17/2008)

I can assure you that Hall does not hold the cards. The Falcons can sit him on the bench this year and then Franchise him next year and sit him on the bench. Furthermore, the Falcons can spread the word throughout the league that Hall is a cancer and disruption in the locker room or just wait until Hall explodes.

The Player Union wouldn't allow that happen.

statzondeck (3/17/2008)
diehard10 (3/17/2008)
Bloodhoundz (3/17/2008)

I can assure you that Hall does not hold the cards. The Falcons can sit him on the bench this year and then Franchise him next year and sit him on the bench. Furthermore, the Falcons can spread the word throughout the league that Hall is a cancer and disruption in the locker room or just wait until Hall explodes.

The Player Union wouldn't allow that happen.

What could they do about it?......This isn't baseball...it's all legal..No team would however...they wouldn't pay 10,000,000 to ride the bench...If we don't get Boley a contract this year we might have to franchise him

birdweiserrr (3/17/2008)
Absolute (3/17/2008)
I guess when #21 said that there was no trade in the works, he was actually telling the truth. Guess we'll see how it shakes out over the next 24-48 hours.

There was a trade in the works, but Hall played hardball and struck out.

What spin.  Obviously D Hall is in the cat-bird seat and dictating the terms.  Teams are trying to strike a deal with him.  All he has to do it make it difficult until he is traded to a team that  he wants to be on.  What does he have to lose?  Nothing.  He can sign with anyone as a free agent next year if no deal is reached with potential suitors this year.  The Falcons are the ones paying the price because every team that would want him wants a long-term deal in place first. The Raiders are trying to rebuild and simply decided sign the guy they had and keep the 34th pick in the draft.  They would have only been trading 1 CB for another.  They guy they had would have left the following year if D Hall had gotten a huge contract.  It was actually the smart move on their part where they probably sought to get a better deal with Hall, but in totality the cheaper deal was signing the guy they already had and keeping their draft picks.  Hall is getting what he wants which is not to play with the Raiders.  The Falcons are getting closer and closer to losing this player for nothing.  The Falcons will end up lowering their requirements in trade value for him which will not benefit them.

diehard10 (3/17/2008)
Bloodhoundz (3/17/2008)

No team except a dumb team would pay a player to sit on the bench and then "franchise" them and pay top dollar next year to do the same.  Besides, Hall can void his 2009 contract so they only have 1 year of leverage, not 2.

Hall screwed up. Just like every ego-maniac that has come before him.

This will be a lesson learned. Don't talk the talk until you can walk the walk.

Attitude is fine when you can back it up. But I've seen him get pwned too many times by elite WRs for him to be acting the way he does.

diehard10 (3/17/2008)
Bloodhoundz (3/17/2008)

Uh why do you have me quoted as to saying that? I never said that.

birdweiserrr (3/17/2008)
Absolute (3/17/2008)
I guess when #21 said that there was no trade in the works, he was actually telling the truth. Guess we'll see how it shakes out over the next 24-48 hours.

More like people like you got owned in the face by calling the man a liar without any kind of evidence? :cool:

Hall is still a Falcon until otherwise. I hope they can resign him and we don't lose an elite corner for chump change.

jidady (3/17/2008)
Bloodhoundz (3/17/2008)
Falcons lost more then he did.

I see it as the Falcons dodging a bullet if the trade does fall apart. No deal doesn't mean Hall stays. It should mean that either we get more compensation or we keep a good corner. Either result is preferred to the #34 and a sixth for Hall.

Not if we end up with a guy who decides to sit and wait until he's a free agent, leaving us with nothing.

birdweiserrr (3/17/2008)
Absolute (3/17/2008)

HOW DID HE STRIKE OUT? NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ...... THIS GUY IS GOING TO GET PAID ....... AND IT'S GOING TO BE MORE THAN ALL OF US MAKE ....... PUT TOGETHER. SO THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A STRIKE OUT TO ME ..... DOES IT TO YOU?:):)

REV.2000 (3/18/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/17/2008)
Absolute (3/17/2008)

HOW DID HE STRIKE OUT? NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ...... THIS GUY IS GOING TO GET PAID ....... AND IT'S GOING TO BE MORE THAN ALL OF US MAKE ....... PUT TOGETHER. SO THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A STRIKE OUT TO ME ..... DOES IT TO YOU?:):)

Bird is just mad that Hall may be staying, so he's trying to cope.