Clear the path 4 Jimmy Williams!

da snowman (3/16/2008)
ive seen every mock draft (even tho it is only a mock) that says the pats will take talib and drc will go towards the end, i 4got what team he was mocked to be going to.

you my man are acting like MOCK drafts are the real thing...whats the point of even drafting since dasnowman knows whats in every GM's head! If you've paid attention to MOCK drafts for the past ten years you know they are always 80% wrong my man!

da snowman (3/16/2008)
ive seen every mock draft (even tho it is only a mock) that says the pats will take talib and drc will go towards the end, i 4got what team he was mocked to be going to.

Talib goes to the Saints and DRC doesn't get past JAX or Green Bay.

Now Brandon Flowers and Antoine Cason will probably fall to the second.

keith thompson (3/16/2008)
da snowman (3/16/2008)

you my man are acting like MOCK drafts are the real thing...whats the point of even drafting since dasnowman knows whats in every GM's head! If you've paid attention to MOCK drafts for the past ten years you know they are always 80% wrong my man!

did you notice when i said (even tho its only a mock)????i kno its only a mock but we have other big holes to fill rather than spending our 2nd on a corner..offensive lineman, defense lineman, quarterback, then mayb a corner, but by then, either one of those two still would be gone..other teams have very glaring needs for corners.

FalconsFor6 (3/16/2008)
You must be kidding...

With D. Hall being ran out of town, J. Williams should be getting his suitcase in order...

He's probably next...

...and why would you think that? I haven't heard a peep out of him positive or negative.

He may just not cut it, period, but as far as not being willing to be a part of a team, well... I just haven't seen that from him.

rugger8 (3/16/2008)
FalconsFor6 (3/16/2008)
You must be kidding...

With D. Hall being ran out of town, J. Williams should be getting his suitcase in order...

He's probably next...

...and why would you think that? I haven't heard a peep out of him positive or negative.

He may just not cut it, period, but as far as not being willing to be a part of a team, well... I just haven't seen that from him.

i think he has a marijuanna case or something. i heard about it last offseason. i dont know if it has been resolved yet.

rugger8 (3/16/2008)
FalconsFor6 (3/16/2008)
You must be kidding...

He's probably next...

Such is the nature of this fanbase, that's why I think that...

So far, they haven't let me down...

nobkowski (3/17/2008)
Williams couldn't beat out Jason Webster!!!  Couldn't beat out Crocker!!!

Was benched cause he wasn't even worth special teams.

Such is the nature of some of the Falcons fan base indeed.

that was from our coaching staff last year...remember them.....they couldnt evaluate a good hamburger.had jimmy at safety.....hes a cb....his also physical & a sure tackler....i think we should all give him a chance & see what he can do....thats just mo
da snowman (3/16/2008)
drc and talib will be gone before the 2nd round..
And Jimmy Williams was going to be gone by mid-1st round as well in his draft.

Both those guys have a possibility of being there in the 2nd. A little slimmer with Cromartie, but enough teams are scared of him that he might slip some.

FalconsFor6 (3/16/2008)
You must be kidding...

He's probably next...

Your crazy. DHall ran himself out of town. Granted BP was and idiot but he can't even get along with Smith. Hall's a loser so he had to go.

bossFALCON (3/16/2008)
rugger8 (3/16/2008)
FalconsFor6 (3/16/2008)
You must be kidding...

He's probably next...

i think he has a marijuanna case or something. i heard about it last offseason. i dont know if it has been resolved yet.

I have heard that it was thrown out.Not sure if that will still hurt him though.

Robb4242 (3/17/2008)
da snowman (3/16/2008)
drc and talib will be gone before the 2nd round..
And Jimmy Williams was going to be gone by mid-1st round as well in his draft.

Both those guys have a possibility of being there in the 2nd. A little slimmer with Cromartie, but enough teams are scared of him that he might slip some.

Case and point...

ATL4ever (3/17/2008)
FalconsFor6 (3/16/2008)
You must be kidding...

He's probably next...

Your crazy. DHall ran himself out of town. Granted BP was and idiot but he can't even get along with Smith. Hall's a loser so he had to go.

More evidence...

I don't think that JWill is the answer at CB. If he can't be a starter as a Safety, he's relegated to being a ST player and a nickel back at best. He can't move his hips fast enough to be a Corner in the NFL. He got away with it in college, but these receivers get him turned too easily and he can't recover fast enough. In another post, they were talking about Hall's potential vs. his actual play, saying he was very good, but thought himself to be elite. IMO, Hall has the recovery skills and speed to be able to cover any WR in the league. His problem appears to be that he thinks those skills are even better than they are, so he continues to give too much cushion. He doesn't give up many TD's, but he could play much tighter and actually be a 'shut down' corner. Jimmy W, on the other hand, does not possess skills at that level.