The Falcons will meet with Jason Elam next week

grendel (3/14/2008)
Even if his range is only 80% of what it was, he can still hit from 50 yards ;)

I would have to think kicking in Denver helps his range though.

Elam was a premier kicker just a couple years ago, I wonder what kind of salary he could command?

I would really like to see a long-term option brought in, but don't want to see any draft pick prior to the 6th round spent on a kicker

this article does not say that Jason Elam is visiting the Atlanta Falcons at all......it just SPECULATES that maybe Elam might want to play in Atlanta...

Jason Elam Likely to Become a Free Agent
Last Edited: Thursday, 28 Feb 2008, 8:51 PM MST
Created: Thursday, 28 Feb 2008, 8:51 PM MST
Broncos kicker Jason Elam talks to FOX 31's Eric Goodman as he leaves Denver International Airport on a trip to the Middle East. January 29, 2008.
photo_servlet?contentId=5622998&version=

SideBar

Related Items

Links

By ERIC GOODMAN, FOX 31 Sports Director

The greatest kicker in Broncos history is about to become free agent. Jason Elam told me Thursday night the Broncos have not offered him a contract and he doesn t expect anything by the 10:00 MDT deadline.

My agent and the Broncos talked today, but nothing worth reporting. Elam said at 8:45 Thursday night. Elam, who is one of the last links to the Broncos Super Bowl titles, kicked 4 game winning field goals this past season.

If the Broncos don t eventually make him an offer, the 37 year old would consider retirement. He is hesitant to move his family out of Denver, although, he would consider playing in his hometown of Atlanta.

atljbo (3/14/2008)
http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/S...TY&pageId=6.2.1

i really think that our new GM does not want to us a pick on a kicker in this draft...maybe in 2 or 3 years but not now...i think that he has players in mind that he want with that late round pick

Or, if he is planning on drafting a kicker, perhaps he wants something dependable in case the draftee doesn't work out?

ok, i see it now - the author published the wrong link - here is the right one that says Elam is meeting w/ Atlanta....

Broncos' Jason Elam to Meet with Falcons
Elam has meetings scheduled next week
Last Edited: Friday, 14 Mar 2008, 2:00 PM MDT
Created: Friday, 14 Mar 2008, 10:24 AM MDT
rss-button.jpgbutton1-bm.gif

DENVER - Denver Broncos kicker Jason Elam has meetings scheduled with another team.

FOX 31 Sports Director Eric Goodman reports that Elam will meet with the Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday and Thursday, March 19 and 20.

Elam, 37, is the greatest kicker in the history of the Denver Broncos. The Broncos have not offered him a contract.

Elam has said that he is hesitant to move his family from Denver. But, his hometown is Atlanta. It was reported previously that he would consider playing for the Falcons, if he didn't reach a deal with the Broncos.

Elam, who is one of the last links to the Broncos Super Bowl titles, kicked four game winning field goals this past season.

g-dawg (3/14/2008)
ok, i see it now - the author published the wrong link - here is the right one that says Elam is meeting w/ Atlanta....

Broncos' Jason Elam to Meet with Falcons
Elam has meetings scheduled next week
Last Edited: Friday, 14 Mar 2008, 2:00 PM MDT
Created: Friday, 14 Mar 2008, 10:24 AM MDT
rss-button.jpgbutton1-bm.gif

DENVER - Denver Broncos kicker Jason Elam has meetings scheduled with another team.

FOX 31 Sports Director Eric Goodman reports that Elam will meet with the Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday and Thursday, March 19 and 20.

Elam, 37, is the greatest kicker in the history of the Denver Broncos. The Broncos have not offered him a contract.

Elam has said that he is hesitant to move his family from Denver. But, his hometown is Atlanta. It was reported previously that he would consider playing for the Falcons, if he didn't reach a deal with the Broncos.

Elam, who is one of the last links to the Broncos Super Bowl titles, kicked four game winning field goals this past season.

Would be nice to have a kicking game.Forgot he was from here.