We can't pass on Dorsey

Before I go on topic,I just want to say happy St.Patrick's Day from me and Savannah,Ga to everybody,especially all the irish Falcon fans!Just came from the parade and it was great!People are worried about Glenn Dorsey's injury situation.I for one am not.The guy dominated the line of scrimage,beat double and ocasionally triple teams,and basically dominated in every defensive catigory.This was all with the injury.He's had time off to get the injury taken care of,so he should be fine draft day.If he's still on the board at 3 we can't pass on him.He will make everyone else on the line better.He will be more of an impact for the DL than Ryan would be for the QB spot.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dorsey picked, however, Ellis is a good pick too and from what I hear, has an edge in footwork.  They're both rated neck and neck above the rest.  However, if we do get Jake Long, Pat Simms could be an awesome contributor with the right motivator and from what I hear about Coach Smith, this might be a good fit.

I would love to have Dorsey but if Dorsey and Long were both available I would want Long..Just because I am a big fan of having a strong O-line and I would love to have J. Long as that anchor...But Dorsey could do the same for the D. Line so you really cant go wrong with either one but I would rather have Long:D

I think that dorsey will be mirror of warren sapp in the NFL.Causing complete **** in the backfield for offenses.But the i think this team needs a premier tackle to anchor this offense and set the tone on the o-line. Minus ryan i would be happy with anything. And even if we go with Ryan i will still be the first in line to get a jersey lol. Whoever it is i cant wait to see how it turns out:D

jes2400 (3/14/2008)
Before I go on topic,I just want to say happy St.Patrick's Day from me and Savannah,Ga to everybody,especially all the irish Falcon fans!Just came from the parade and it was great!People are worried about Glenn Dorsey's injury situation.I for one am not.The guy dominated the line of scrimage,beat double and ocasionally triple teams,and basically dominated in every defensive catigory.This was all with the injury.He's had time off to get the injury taken care of,so he should be fine draft day.If he's still on the board at 3 we can't pass on him.He will make everyone else on the line better.He will be more of an impact for the DL than Ryan would be for the QB spot.
i agree. we hadn't had an impact defensive lineman since claude humphrey.

I wouold love to see Dorsey's injury conerns go away with a passing medical evaluation, but until then the questions cannot just be dismissed. Look At Rod COleman the last couple of years. We don't want Dorsey to be nicked up all the time like Coleman was.

Twinblade (3/14/2008)
Sorry but every player is going to be hurt, thats just how sports are...get over it

Oh, messageboard tough guy! Not everyone can be as hard core as you. In real sports players can actually be less effective, miss games and have shorter careers due to injuries. In fact, the Falcons drafted a DT years ago who got hurt and never played a game in the NFL.

halsey (3/14/2008)
Twinblade (3/14/2008)
Sorry but every player is going to be hurt, thats just how sports are...get over it

Oh, messageboard tough guy! Not everyone can be as hard core as you. In real sports players can actually be less effective, miss games and have shorter careers due to injuries. In fact, the Falcons drafted a DT years ago who got hurt and never played a game in the NFL.

Like I said, every player is going to be hurt once or more in their career, so if your so concern on players injuries, please take up chess, I don't think they have players that had pull fingers yet.