For all the people that want to harp on Matt Ryan's TD-INT ratio

Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
g-dawg (3/14/2008)
wow! nobody can accuse the fans on this board for not having "passion".....unfortunately for Halsey, he's just outnumbered here.....

Like I have always said, IF the Falcons draft Matt Ryan, I will support him - but I STRONGLY think that Ryan should not be the pick.....

there simply are not enough pieces now and Ryan is too **** risky to take this high....I'm all for gambling a bit - but not with #3 overall pick - we need to be as safe as possible....

Halsey would have more supporters if he wasn't so argumentative and obnoxious about everything. I would even look past that if he was right every once in awhile.

There are few people here I havent agreeded with on something.Some times we get to serious.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrino is NOT my hero (3/14/2008)

Although i really don't care about this thread.... how exactly did the scouts know the truth... he was still the 2nd overall pick in the draft ahead of 7 rounds of players..... that doesn't make much sense... but Chad Henne in the second is going to be the pick...

Wait a minute. How come when I say DJ I get, HOMER. But when he says Henne, while being decorated in Michigan in his posts, nobody says a thing? I think there is a deep rooted hate for Georgia on these boards:P

ki45toryu (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
It's telling that you have to go back 25 years to look for rationalizations for taking the overhyped wonderboy

False statement. Jay Cutler had a very similar TD-INT ratio as Ryan.

And he still isnt a viable NFL starter...yet.

That was actually a pretty good argument.  Cutler actually had the same negatives qualities as Ryan.  No talent around him, he had to do everything himself... the only thing is Cutler had a much better arm. 

Also look how long it took Eli Manning to become a viable NFL starter....

I am not really a big Ryan supporter, but at least look at this from both sides.

Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)

He threw 2 INTs vs. Army

I forgot about that, **** that's bad.:D

:laugh: out of 51 passes...

He also threw for 356 yards and 3 TD's before leaving in the 4th quarter of a win.

You focus on INT's over everything, including wins. That's where your knowledge is. You don't actually understand football.

g-dawg (3/14/2008)
wow! nobody can accuse the fans on this board for not having "passion".....unfortunately for Halsey, he's just outnumbered here.....

Outnumbered? I'll take the side of the pros who get paid to evaluate players over a few people on a messageboard. Those are the numbers that matter.

Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
g-dawg (3/14/2008)

Halsey would have more supporters if he wasn't so argumentative and obnoxious about everything. I would even look past that if he was right every once in awhile.

I'm right most of the time. I've had these arguments in the past about prospects. The people that argue suddenly don't want to argue anymore a few years after guys have entered the league. Less knowledgeable fans who focus to much on measurables and select stats thaty fit thier agenda always end up looking foolish in the long run.

falkonX7 (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)

Outnumbered? I'll take the side of the pros who get paid to evaluate players over a few people on a messageboard. Those are the numbers that matter.

Then why do you like to get on here and argue about Ryan so much?

Because people on these boards are so biased that they get carried away and start claiming that the consensus #1 QB shouldn't even be picked on the first day. That's a lack of perspective. It becomes like a feeding frenzy: One guy points that he threw a lot of INT's and then other guys start agreeing with him and the next thing you know they've lost perspective and they're claiming he's not worth even a first day pick.

someone has a massive inferiority complex or something.

'You don't understand football.'

'Less knowledgeable fans'

'less informed fans'

'I'm usually right'

get over yourself man. You act like you are God's gift to the MB and that everyone that has a different opinion is a total #####.

halsey (3/14/2008)
falkonX7 (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)

Because people on these boards are so biased that they get carried away and start claiming that the consensus #1 QB shouldn't even be picked on the first day. That's a lack of perspective. It becomes like a feeding frenzy: One guy points that he threw a lot of INT's and then other guys start agreeing with him and the next thing you know they've lost perspective and they're claiming he's not worth even a first day pick.

this is "crap" argument Halsey. Most people that are "anti-Ryan" with #3 pick overall still think he's a mid-to-late 1st round pick......I have not seen anybody say anything close to "Matt Ryan is not a first day pick"......

that's crap........

falkonX7 (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)

Here's one for starters:

Billy Devaney, the St. Louis Rams' new executive vice president of player personnel, evaluated Ryan while scouting quarterbacks in his previous job as the Falcons' assistant general manager.

"I like everything about the guy," Devaney said. "The intangibles, everything it takes to play the position, off the field, the leadership, the intelligence, being a team guy -- he's got it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sectio...&id=3259421

Notice how I back up what I say with facts. You don't see me making up BS like "um...um....his arm is weak! Yeah, that's it! Weak arm!"

falkonX7 (3/14/2008)
someone has a massive inferiority complex or something.

'You don't understand football.'

'Less knowledgeable fans'

'less informed fans'

'I'm usually right'

get over yourself man. You act like you are God's gift to the MB and that everyone that has a different opinion is a total #####.

It's the truth. You just don't like it. I back up what I say and bring facts. I just don't agree with this nonsense that half this fanbase has gotten into of acting like the world will end if Ryan is the pick. You and others just don't like my point of view or my ability to back it up.

halsey (3/14/2008)
falkonX7 (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)

Here's one for starters:

Billy Devaney, the St. Louis Rams' new executive vice president of player personnel, evaluated Ryan while scouting quarterbacks in his previous job as the Falcons' assistant general manager.

"I like everything about the guy," Devaney said. "The intangibles, everything it takes to play the position, off the field, the leadership, the intelligence, being a team guy -- he's got it."

Notice how I back up what I say with facts. You don't see me making up BS like "um...um....his arm is weak! Yeah, that's it! Weak arm!"

newsflash Halsey........this is "lying season" for NFL GM's......don't believe what they "say" until after April 25th......

If Matt Ryan falls into the 20's like Aaron Rogers and Brady Quinn did - that will be more of a statement of what NFL GM's think of Matt Ryan.....not what they say in an interview on March 13th.....just a lil' knowledge for ya

g-dawg (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
falkonX7 (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)

Here's one for starters:

newsflash Halsey........this is "lying season" for NFL GM's......don't believe what they "say" until after April 25th......

If Matt Ryan falls into the 20's like Aaron Rogers and Brady Quinn did - that will be more of a statement of what NFL GM's think of Matt Ryan.....not what they say in an interview on March 13th.....just a lil' knowledge for ya

NFL GM's thought enough of them to make them first round picks...and neither of them is Matt Ryan, so you're not really making a point.

As far as GM's lying, that's just the excuse you're using because I backed up what I said. If he said he didn't like Ryan you wouldn't say he was lying.

halsey (3/14/2008)
g-dawg (3/14/2008)
Halsey,

what did you back-up? dude, your ignorant

I think you mean "you're ignorant". You'll learn the difference when you get to 3rd grade grammar. :laugh:

good night Halsey............i bow to your superior intellect - obviously you are so superior to all of us commoners - thank you for allowing us breathe air and exist in "the Halsey World".

Please continue to enlighten us with your far superior thoughts and musings....I just got off the phone with Mr. Blank and he said he was so impressed with your brillant thoughts that he now has Thomas Dimitroff packing up his office and you will be ready to move in on Monday.

The marketing deparatment has already placed orders in China for 10,000 Matt Ryan jersey's in the falcon red....

again - thank you - oh great one!

signed,

your loyal servants (the Falcons "board")

halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)

He threw 2 INTs vs. Army

He also threw for 356 yards and 3 TD's before leaving in the 4th quarter of a win.

You focus on INT's over everything, including wins. That's where your knowledge is. You don't actually understand football.

I think you missed the point. He threw two interceptions, against Army. But competition doesn't matter.:hehe: 'tard.

halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
g-dawg (3/14/2008)

I'm right most of the time. I've had these arguments in the past about prospects. The people that argue suddenly don't want to argue anymore a few years after guys have entered the league. Less knowledgeable fans who focus to much on measurables and select stats thaty fit thier agenda always end up looking foolish in the long run.

Right most of the time? About what, exactly, what Mel Kiper knows for a fact? Maybe a neutral scouting report stating that he has a good enough arm to make every throw in the NFL would work here. After all, if his arm is "just fine," then he's capable of making every throw a quarterback in the NFL might need to be able to do. His stats, namely the way his interceptions climb as he goes downfield, and every scouting report I've read seems to state that he doesn't have the kind of arm for our offense.

Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)

He threw 2 INTs vs. Army

I think you missed the point. He threw two interceptions, against Army. .

Yes, I understand the point that clueless no nothing like you is trying to make. 2 INT's out of 51 passes is more important that the 3 TD's or the win in your mind. You don't undertstand football. That's the point.

halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
grendel (3/14/2008)
halsey (3/14/2008)
Serge Storms (3/14/2008)

He threw 2 INTs vs. Army

I think you missed the point. He threw two interceptions, against Army. .

Yes, I understand the point that clueless no nothing like you is trying to make. 2 INT's out of 51 passes is more important that the 3 TD's or the win in your mind. You don't undertstand football. That's the point.

He was not playing a team against which a good quarterback would ever turn the ball over. It was Army, for Christ's sake! They call cornerbacks what other teams call undersized running backs that can't hold onto the football. No respectable quarterback turns the ball over against such laugable competition. #####, you are dense.