Unless the Raiders FO is completely ********, which they kinda are for drafting a Kicker in the first round recently, they won't trade for D-Hall. Because...

No money. So what are the Raiders going to do about Asomugha? They'll have 2 top 5 CBs then. Are they going to re-sign Hall next year and turn their backs on a franchise player Nnamdi? Or are they going to release Hall and basically waste trading for him. They're going to have to decide what to do.

And what message will that tell Nnamdi? Thanks for playing with us and being a top 5 cb, but we're going to bring in another top 5 CB because he's younger, has a "attitude" problem? I mean Asomugha is a outstanding citizen - he even won a Home Depot award for helping out the community.

And no way they have the cap space. Say they franchise Hall, sign Nnamdi - ridiculous amounts of money. They also just recently resigned Fargus, they gave Kelly a record deal for DT, signed Gibril Wilson - a top safety, signed 2 starting WRs - Curry and Walker (record deal for walker), and JaMarcus will soon be making money if he's playing, they have a top 5 pick in the draft, they'll probably have a top 5 next year too?

And if they do manage to keep the guys listed above and sign them to long contracts like 3-4 years, in 2 years, their top 2 LBs will be FAs. Both Howard and Morrison are extremely underrated and talented - think 2 Michael Boleys and they both will be asking for money. How will they deal with them?

How do they have so much money and we don't?

Every year they sign a top 10 draft pick and sign FAs to huge deals. How's that possible?

I don't see this happening. Its like the Eagles signing Asante and then trading for D-Hall - ********. Or Chargers trading their draft picks for LJ and telling LT, hey you're good, but LJ is good too. Talk about loyalty.

They might as well trade for both Jared Allen and Justin Smith and break the bank.

large % of our cap is sitting in prison in Va. cant help that.....but it is when you sign players to 115 MILLION DOLLAR contracts and they can no longer play for the team be it by injury or reasons the fact is YKW will take up HUGH cap space for years to come. Thats why I am against the "Superstar" or "Franchise" player and contracts no one player is worth that much and as long as crazy people like Al Davis are out there there will be crazy contracts and crazy money spent on so so players.  Now days it seams that the quality of a player is judged by how much money he makes not how well he helps his team to win.

emt861 (3/14/2008)
large % of our cap is sitting in prison in Va. cant help that.....but it is when you sign players to 115 MILLION DOLLAR contracts and they can no longer play for the team be it by injury or reasons the fact is YKW will take up HUGH cap space for years to come. Thats why I am against the "Superstar" or "Franchise" player and contracts no one player is worth that much and as long as crazy people like Al Davis are out there there will be crazy contracts and crazy money spent on so so players. Now days it seams that the quality of a player is judged by how much money he makes not how well he helps his team to win.

even so there is no way the raiders can do what i just stated above.

Jamarcus = 6 year 61 million

fargus = 3 year 12 million

curry = 5 year 20 million

walker = 6 year 55 million

kelley = 7 year 50 million

asomugha = 9 million a year

hall = 9 million a year

For just 7 out of 55 players, the Raiders are paying 52 million in cap space per year. impossible. And that's not including their soon to be top 5 picks and resigning their 2 michael boleys.

I dont see how the Raiders or the Cowboys can afford D Hall there is just so much money to go around and both have plenty of greedy players......just how nuch money can you spend in a year.....I would love to make the NFL minimum to play a game ...WOW

somecut8 (3/14/2008)
emt861 (3/14/2008)
large % of our cap is sitting in prison in Va. cant help that.....but it is when you sign players to 115 MILLION DOLLAR contracts and they can no longer play for the team be it by injury or reasons the fact is YKW will take up HUGH cap space for years to come. Thats why I am against the "Superstar" or "Franchise" player and contracts no one player is worth that much and as long as crazy people like Al Davis are out there there will be crazy contracts and crazy money spent on so so players. Now days it seams that the quality of a player is judged by how much money he makes not how well he helps his team to win.

hall = 9 million a year

For just 7 out of 55 players, the Raiders are paying 52 million in cap space per year. impossible. And that's not including their soon to be top 5 picks and resigning their 2 michael boleys.

Don't forget Gibril Wilson, Signed with Raiders (6 years, $39 million) 

Then again, Al Davis has seemingly lost his mind and so could very well do something like this. By all accounts, he's desperate to win now and has been trying to make that happen.

I'm not saying it's likely that we'd trade Hall to the Raiders; I just think that it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Direwolf

direwolf (3/14/2008)
Then again, Al Davis has seemingly lost his mind and so could very well do something like this. By all accounts, he's desperate to win now and has been trying to make that happen.

I'm not saying it's likely that we'd trade Hall to the Raiders; I just think that it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Direwolf

exactly, it just makes no sense at all. I mean you already have a shut down corner, why get another one.

somecut8 (3/14/2008)
Unless the Raiders FO is completely ********, which they kinda are for drafting a Kicker in the first round recently, they won't trade for D-Hall. Because...

No money. So what are the Raiders going to do about Asomugha? They'll have 2 top 5 CBs then. Are they going to re-sign Hall next year and turn their backs on a franchise player Nnamdi? Or are they going to release Hall and basically waste trading for him. They're going to have to decide what to do.

And what message will that tell Nnamdi? Thanks for playing with us and being a top 5 cb, but we're going to bring in another top 5 CB because he's younger, has a "attitude" problem? I mean Asomugha is a outstanding citizen - he even won a Home Depot award for helping out the community.

And no way they have the cap space. Say they franchise Hall, sign Nnamdi - ridiculous amounts of money. They also just recently resigned Fargus, they gave Kelly a record deal for DT, signed Gibril Wilson - a top safety, signed 2 starting WRs - Curry and Walker (record deal for walker), and JaMarcus will soon be making money if he's playing, they have a top 5 pick in the draft, they'll probably have a top 5 next year too?

And if they do manage to keep the guys listed above and sign them to long contracts like 3-4 years, in 2 years, their top 2 LBs will be FAs. Both Howard and Morrison are extremely underrated and talented - think 2 Michael Boleys and they both will be asking for money. How will they deal with them?

How do they have so much money and we don't?

Every year they sign a top 10 draft pick and sign FAs to huge deals. How's that possible?

I don't see this happening. Its like the Eagles signing Asante and then trading for D-Hall - ********. Or Chargers trading their draft picks for LJ and telling LT, hey you're good, but LJ is good too. Talk about loyalty.

They might as well trade for both Jared Allen and Justin Smith and break the bank.

Wait, since when did they draft a kicker in the first round?

somecut8 (3/14/2008)
emt861 (3/14/2008)

hall = 9 million a year

Like Adam Schefter said....dont worry about the sap space.....if a team wants a player they will get him.....i dont get why Al davis would want d-hall either but he does....

It just makes no logical sense - if you want to build a good franchise. I mean you already have a top 5 CB you need to pay, and to get another one? That's unheard of - that's a lot of money going to 1 position in football. Plus, the backup to Asomugha isn't terrible either. I mean he's not great, but he's 24 and had 3 picks last year.

Twinblade (3/14/2008)
if we trade Hall to the raiders, what the **** do we get in return?

draft picks and huff maybe? OR, maybe they could give us both their good LBs. Now if that were to happen - I might actually be FOR the trade.

They should give us Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison and a 2nd rounder for Hall. That's a good trade.

then, the raiders wouldn't have to worry about resigning them and our LBs would be Howard, Morrison, and Boley - the best unit in the NFL.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter says it will be a "major upset" if the Falcons don't trade DeAngelo Hall before the draft.

Two teams are reportedly showing heavy interest in Hall. The Giants offered Atlanta their first-round pick (No. 31) in the winter, but were apparently turned down. The Falcons may now be feeling more urgency to make a move.

emt861 (3/14/2008)
large % of our cap is sitting in prison in Va. cant help that.....but it is when you sign players to 115 MILLION DOLLAR contracts and they can no longer play for the team be it by injury or reasons the fact is YKW will take up HUGH cap space for years to come. Thats why I am against the "Superstar" or "Franchise" player and contracts no one player is worth that much and as long as crazy people like Al Davis are out there there will be crazy contracts and crazy money spent on so so players.  Now days it seams that the quality of a player is judged by how much money he makes not how well he helps his team to win.

hey buddy you should know what youre saying before you say something....mike vick is not in prison in VA.  he is in leavenworth prison kansas.