Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

NFL Network's Adam Schefter says it will be a "major upset" if the Falcons don't trade DeAngelo Hall before the draft.

34 posts in this topic

NFL Network's Adam Schefter says it will be a "major upset" if the Falcons don't trade DeAngelo Hall before the draft.

Two teams are reportedly showing heavy interest in Hall. The Giants offered Atlanta their first-round pick (No. 31) in the winter, but were apparently turned down. The Falcons may now be feeling more urgency to make a move.

it looks like he is as good as gone

Will it be 'an upset' to him only because he called something wrong?

I don't see how it could upset us that much, we have the ability to trade down.

2 reasons

1.We want a 1st and 3rd round pick from the giants

2. my boy told me that if d-hall is not traded....d-hall reps has told the falcons that he will play out his last year(no extension)...then he will opt out so he can be a freeagent...d-hall does not even want to talk to about a extension with the falcons

Adam Schefter is not always right.

There are other rumors that NYG balked at the combination of DHall's asking price plus the first rounder.

How about this possibility:

Knowing that Asante did not get the same deal as Nate, Hall simply plays for the Falcons this year. Next year, he gets franchised and reacts ala Asante. He stays out of camp until start of season. The year after that ... who knows?

atljbo (3/13/2008)
2 reasons

2. my boy told me that if d-hall is not traded....d-hall reps has told the falcons that he will play out his last year(no extension)...then he will opt out so he can be a freeagent...d-hall does not even want to talk to about a extension with the falcons

He cant "want" to opt out but the Falcons can still franchise him at the end of next season.

He will get paid no matter where he ends up.

atljbo (3/13/2008)
2 reasons

atljbo,

This sounds a little like the Lance Briggs situation last year. Inn your opinion, is there any way that if Hall is somehow not traded and plays this year that he, like Briggs will end up signing an extension with the Falcons?

And it's going to be an explosion of epic porportion on this board the day he's traded.

And I will be here to laugh at every moment of it.:)

woodstockfan (3/13/2008)
atljbo (3/13/2008)
2 reasons

atljbo,

This sounds a little like the Lance Briggs situation last year. Inn your opinion, is there any way that if Hall is somehow not traded and plays this year that he, like Briggs will end up signing an extension with the Falcons?

My Opinion .....from what im hearing is that d-hall will be traded before the draft.......i know what you mean by brings...but regardless...d-hall will want more then TD will offer him...lance briggs was different and his position does not pay like CBs get paid

i'll get you guys the vid that talks about halls trade talks from todays NFL total access as soon as it becomes available. i dont think he will be back.

bossFALCON (3/13/2008)
i'll get you guys the vid that talks about halls trade talks from todays NFL total access as soon as it becomes available. i dont think he will be back.

i think he will get traded to the raiders for Michael Huff, 2nd and 4th round(they may trie to sub the 4th round pick for Fabian Washington)(they want Fabian Washington gone bad)

BossFalcon....would you take that trade

on draft day things get crazy. if we do not get what we want for hall, i say keep him as our #1 CB this year and worry about next year next year.

atljbo (3/13/2008)
bossFALCON (3/13/2008)

i think he will get traded to the raiders for Michael Huff, 2nd and 4th round(they may trie to sub the 4th round pick for Fabian Washington)(they want Fabian Washington gone bad)

BossFalcon....would you take that trade

i havent seen fabian and huff play very much because i havent seen a lot of the raiders games, but if that was the best deal on the table i would take it. having the raiders 2nd is almost like getting the giants first. so yea i would take it if it was huff, washington and the raiders 2nd.

bossFALCON (3/13/2008)

i havent seen fabian and huff play very much because i havent seen a lot of the raiders games, but if that was the best deal on the table i would take it. having the raiders 2nd is almost like getting the giants first. so yea i would take it if it was huff, washington and the raiders 2nd.

thats what i'm thinking to....the giants is pivking 31 and the raiders is picking 34........so thats around the same....but plus Michael Huff who can play CB in a Cover 2 or Safety.....i would take that trade........but man.....Al Davis is a mad man...lol

atljbo (3/13/2008)
bossFALCON (3/13/2008)

thats what i'm thinking to....the giants is pivking 31 and the raiders is picking 34........so thats around the same....but plus Michael Huff who can play CB in a Cover 2 or Safety.....i would take that trade........but man.....Al Davis is a mad man...lol

yea plus huff and washington are pretty young and we know what we are getting, so yea if hall was 100% sure he wanted to be traded i would take that trade.

atljbo (3/13/2008)

Two teams are reportedly showing heavy interest in Hall. The Giants offered Atlanta their first-round pick (No. 31) in the winter, but were apparently turned down. The Falcons may now be feeling more urgency to make a move.

it looks like he is as good as gone

didnt say upset...said surprised....also said one team is heavily interested & another is showing some interest

One 1st rounder for a player with 1 year left on his contract is a good deal for us I believe.

We need the 31st pick to jump in front of Miami, the Jets, and Kansas City so we have a better chance to get the QB we want.

formul8or (3/13/2008)
One 1st rounder for a player with 1 year left on his contract is a good deal for us I believe.

We need the 31st pick to jump in front of Miami, the Jets, and Kansas City so we have a better chance to get the QB we want.

the raiders pick is before the jets and kansas city second round picks

mark hunter (3/13/2008)

didnt say upset...said surprised....also said one team is heavily interested & another is showing some interest

Per NFL Network...

Extra points

» Worth waching: Trade talks for Atlanta s disgruntled cornerback DeAngelo Hall are heating up. Two teams are showing interest and it now would be a major upset if Hall were not dealt before the draft.

He never said "major upset"

You D-hall haters are Hilarious!!!

Will all the haters come back here and eat crow when D Hall is starting for ATL in September?????

All I know is I want to see Hall in a Falcons uniform next year so I'll get to see pick 6s all day, pass defensed, and WRs crying.

I don't want to see an awesome pass rush from our D-Line go to waste with a bad CB that can't cover for 1 second. I want to see our pass rush turn into a sack or int.