According to Mike Mayock ( however you spell his name), Jonathan Stewart stock is dropping because the system he played in and because of his big toe. Would you draft him if he fall to the second round. He can be an inssurance for Norwood next year. Because Norwood will be an resticted free agent. Teams will probably want to trade for him. Jonathan Stewart has speed along with size. Basically like a Turner #2. That would be a great lineup next year at RB, we will be really deep.

Mayock's point was that the spread option is tough to judge in relation to the NFL. I've been saying this all year. Steve Slaton, Johnathon Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, Darren McFadden, and Felix Jones are tough to read. Same thing with Dennis Dixon, Tim Tebow, and Pat White. They make great plays, and are consistantly productive. But the defenses arent playing them like they will in the NFL, and they arent running through lanes that will be available in the NFL.

I'm not saying Stewart, Jones, McFadden, or Mendenhall wont be NFL studs. But those guys werent playing in anything that resembles an NFL system.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/12/2008)
According to Mike Mayock ( however you spell his name), Jonathan Stewart stock is dropping because the system he played in and because of his big toe. Would you draft him if he fall to the second round. He can be an inssurance for Norwood next year. Because Norwood will be an resticted free agent. Teams will probably want to trade for him. Jonathan Stewart has speed along with size. Basically like a Turner #2. That would be a great lineup next year at RB, we will be really deep.

Ah , write this down , Jonathan Stewart will be a great RB in the NFL .  He will not fall out of the first round , Take it from Draftnut57 , It's the truth. I got him with the 28th pick but in the real Draft he want last that long.

The only reason why he may drop just a bit is BC this is by far and away the deepest and Strongest draft ever for the RB position. And I mean ever! I've never seen anything like it .

Another good thing is that this draft is the best one I've ever seen at the OL postion also . And we need to take advantage of it.

JBopper (3/12/2008)
Some team will pick him up between the 13th and 21st picks.

Yeah, hopefully not Carolina, New Orleans, or Tampa.  With losses of DeShaun Foster, a banged up Duece McAllister, and questionable Cadillac Williams all three could use a workhorse like Stewart.

Don't want that workhorse playing us two times a year.

****, I wish we were a team that could stockpile RB's like that. I really like Stewart, he is a beast, but dropping into the 2nd, we should pass on him like the Dolphins will pass on DMC, they have plenty of good RB's, and way too many other holes. He has the size and strength to be great though, and I would be surprised if he hit the 2nd round.