Welcome Back Joey!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Joey know an offense when we have a different offense this year?

Joey played for new offensive coordinator Mike Malarkey down in Miami. He knows the offense much better then Redman or Shockley. It is simply the truth.

Joey had a great year last year when you consider the fact the offensive line was the worst in  professional football.

One important factor to remember why Jake Long should be the Falcons first pick.

monson007 (3/12/2008)

Joey played for new offensive coordinator Mike Malarkey down in Miami. He knows the offense much better then Redman or Shockley. It is simply the truth.

Joey had a great year last year when you consider the fact the offensive line was the worst in  professional football.

One important factor to remember why Jake Long should be the Falcons first pick.

Owned..

Jp7833 (3/12/2008)
Joey is garbage. I would rather take Sammy Baugh out of retirement and put him behind center with his oxygen mask and medicare receipts. I honestly think Joey is one of the worst QB's to ever put on an NFL uniform.

THat is quite a stretch. I mean, heck, we've had DOug JOhnson and Kurt KIttner right here, just to start with. ANd given that production wise he wasn't even the worst STARTING qb, he has quite a long distance to go to be the worst ever.

monson007 (3/12/2008)

Joey had a great year last year when you consider the fact the offensive line was the worst in professional football.

So let's draft Brennan and let Joey be the starter while he grooms Colt.. The falcons will be set then.:rolleyes:
monson007 (3/12/2008)
Joey knows the offense and he is an excellent leader and a very capable quarterback.

P.S. Go cry Goosedaddy and Grendel, Leftwich is gone....

You do realize that we going to be running a new offense with Mularkey?

You do realize that it won't make Harrington's arm any stronger?

Here's to hoping that we get some good o-linemen and draft a good QB because if Redman goes down we're sunk with Harrington as a backup

falconblood (3/12/2008)
monson007 (3/12/2008)

Owned..

You say owned but in 2006 when Joey was under Mularkey's offense, Miami's offense scored an average 16.3 points a game and was ranked 29th in the NFL. I hope to God there won't be a repeat of that here. :w00t:

monson007 (3/12/2008)

Joey had a great year last year when you consider the fact the offensive line was the worst in professional football.

If Joey had a great year, why did he get thrown out of the starting job?

TWICE?

Somehow, miraculously, when Redman came into the game we started moving the ball. That must make him Joe Montana then right?

Besides, Harrington makes the game completely unwatchable. Every single drive last year is exactly the same:

Run for 0 to 4 yards

Either a short pass for 3-4 yards or an incomplete pass

Joey throws a checkdown for not enough yards on 3rd down

Punt

SacFalcFan (3/12/2008)
Ummm I am sort of indifferent on this one.. I hope he isn't given the starting job.. I hope he earns it, but then I question how bad our qbs must be for him to win that job..

lol he probably wont get the starting job. i think he's just insurance for us, really cheap insurance.

Joey is a serviceable back up.  He is capable of coming in in case of injury and not losing a game for you.  I truly believe that Joey would have to be on a Ravens, TB, Bears SB type defense teams to win.  He will not lead a team to a win but he will not lose the game for you he will check down to avoid a pick, and he will take a sack.  It is all about what you are building to whether he can be apart of it or not but for cheap and as a back up he will be serviceable