The falcons are not going to draft Dorsey at the three when Gholston rated higher

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

grendel (3/10/2008)
stumpjumper (3/10/2008)
Could Gholston play MLB? I know he has the size.

It's not just size and speed. There's different skill sets and athletic requirements for the LB'er positions than for DE. Gholston's been a pass rushing DE in college, why should we think he can be a LB'er?

He would have to learn to read the guard. Not hard, but it can be confusing at time. There are so many ways a guard can move. Attack the fullback when he come straight at you on an ISO play and keep your outside arm free. Pass coverage.

grendel (3/10/2008)
Never ever ever ever take the workout warrior climbing the boards over the guy who was considered the better player all year. Especially when he looks like he should be in the WWE.

You mean like Matt Ryan jumping to number 1 after being a 2nd-3rd rounder prior to the VT game? I agree

grendel (3/10/2008)
boleg911 (3/10/2008)
There not spending a #3 pick on a 6'2 300 DT with two knee injuries when they can get Dre moore or Frank Okam with later pick that fits want their try to do.Then pass on a Higher rated guy and have no OLB now that DMO Williams gone.Gholston is the pick

I didn't realize what we wanted to do was have a fat lazy DT who's more interested in eating BBQ than working out and getting better.

Frank Okam is seriously overweight. I think he will have weight trouble in the NFL. Pat Sims is the way to go if we take a DT in the second round. The SEC has produce many great and solid defensive players.

boleg911 (3/10/2008)
Dorsey has two knee injuries and was hurt all 2006 season and hurt some this season Sedrick Ellis is better and the Falcons want pass on a OLB of his Talent

Your crazy my man. I' just playing so don't take it to heart like last night. No one in the NFL thinks Ellis is better than Dorsey. First he checked out medically while at the combine. Last year he played with a sprained knee the entire year which shows toughness, heart and leadership. Everything you want in a franchise type player. He hurt his knee because someone illegally chop blocked him. He has only missed one game his entire career. I told you all this last night, did you not believe me? Anything you hear are smoke screens just like Adrian Peterson. Everybody from high school to the NFL get nicked up through a season but how you play through it is what seperates the players with potential and the players that live up to their potentials.

the guy always hurt and u can draft 6'2 300 DT every year.Gholston dont come around that much

The guy, I guess is dorsey, and he isn't always hurt.

Yeah, you can draft a DT every year, but we need one this year, and Dorsey is a **** good player.

Gholston doesn't come around but once in a lifetime, but a DE who climbs up the draft boards because he has a good combine, well that happens every year.

The only way that draft makes sense is if we put him at LB, and that is a stupid thing to do with our first pick.

boleg911 (3/10/2008)
There not spending a #3 pick on a 6'2 300 DT with two knee injuries when they can get Dre moore or Frank Okam with later pick that fits want their try to do.Then pass on a Higher rated guy and have no OLB now that DMO Williams gone.Gholston is the pick

Our 2 weakside LB's are Keith Brooking and the young talented and recently drafted Stephen Nicholas. We don't need him. Listen to my wisdom young buck. I will not lead you astray. And it's one knee injury and a rumored past stress fracture of his chin. SMOKE  SCREENS. I guess you would have passed on Adrian Peterson last year too huh?

stumpjumper (3/10/2008)
I regret now making the LB comment/question concerning Gholston, lol.

Don't regret it. He may play that position. I think he could be a Bryan Urlacher type OLB myself. Whoever gets him will have a beast where ever he plays. We just have to get better in certain positions just to have a prayer to be competitive next year. If we needed a DE or LOB I would be jumping up and down about him coming here. If we take Dorsey or J. Long, we will be getting the same qualitytype player as Ghoulston is. Truth be known I think that Miami takes Dorsey and St. Loius takes J. Long. At that point we try to trade down a couple spots to position ourselces for the next best two being Clady or Ellis.

boleg911 (3/10/2008)
Dorsey not Warren sapp get real

All I heard from the NFL Network during the combine was how NFL scouts were saying that he was going to be a unbelieveable player in this league. They are the original guys that compared him to Warren Sapp and I just happened to agree with there accessment from what I saw from the so many LSU games that I watched. So you get real my friend and watch and learn more about the game.

HEY GUYS LISTEN I KNOW THAT DE IS NOT A NEED BUT CHECK OUT THIS...IF WE SIGN CHRIS LONG WE COULD USE ABRAHAM LONG AND ANDERSON TO MOVE ALL AROUNG THE D LINE TO CONFUSE OPPONENTS AS TO WHERE OUR POWER RUSH IS COMING!! SAME GOES IF WE SIGN GHOLSTON I MEAN WE COULD POTENTIALLY HAVE THE MOST AGGRESSIVE ATHLETIC D LINE IN NFL WITH GHOLSTON OR LONG!!! WHAT U THINK??

His stats are not that great and his on a better defense than Ohio state and a better offensive.The guy overrated.Gholston going to be a better player.I said that about p.Willis last year and every body saying the same thing.We need a mike linebacker 2006 Gholston played MLB had 8.5 sack 77 and missed 3 game a beast.