A real reason ATL hasnt cut brooking yet...

The LB depth is just pathetic. we have 5 total LBs on the roster

Brooking

Boley

Nicholas

taylor

williams

We are coming up on camp and the coach will re-evaluate this position. I dont think he knows what yet he has in nicholas or taylor since they both got little if any playing time.

i believe that after draft and fall camp if they feel nicholas and whomever at we draft at LB can fill the role brooking will be cut.

i for one like brook and hope he stays here and retires. personally i think he needs to move back to OLB and draft a MLB high.. but thats jsut me.

Nicholas got plenty of playing time before he got hurt, it was Taylor who got limited playing time and I think he only played in the last game of the season. Nicholas was well on his way to taking over the starting job from Demorrio because he's much more stout at the point of attack and can shed blocks, something Demorrio sucked at. I think Nicholas is the starter and we see a big improvement in the rush defense.

The Chiefs agreed to contract terms with LB Demorrio Williams on Saturday night. The contract is for five years, worth $16 million and contains $5.5 million in guaranteed money. Williams, 27, played all four of his NFL seasons with the Falcons. He is a three-year starter at outside LB. Williams will likely join Derrick Johnson in the starting lineup at outside LB with Donnie Edwards moving to middle LB. Napoleon Harris will lose his starting spot. The Chiefs signed Harris as a free agent last year to be their starting middle LB, but they were disappointed in his play.

(Updated 03/03/2008).

phattywankenobi (3/10/2008)
The Chiefs agreed to contract terms with LB Demorrio Williams on Saturday night. The contract is for five years, worth $16 million and contains $5.5 million in guaranteed money. Williams, 27, played all four of his NFL seasons with the Falcons. He is a three-year starter at outside LB. Williams will likely join Derrick Johnson in the starting lineup at outside LB with Donnie Edwards moving to middle LB. Napoleon Harris will lose his starting spot. The Chiefs signed Harris as a free agent last year to be their starting middle LB, but they were disappointed in his play.

(Updated 03/03/2008).

I came here today to see any good news for the birds. Your post has ruined my day, probably my week. There goes our speed and playmaking at the LB'r spot. Thanks.

ForceFan27 (3/10/2008)
GEORGIAfan (3/10/2008)
Boley Talor Nicholas is a better starting group thank Boley Brooking NIcholas.

Taylor over Brooking...not in a million years. Now...if Brooking has a belly full of cookies...

OFFICIAL BUMP FOR COOKIES!!!!

now lets be serious. i mean CMON brooking lost us a game, and is getting more than almost every one on the team. he has been getting burnt up the middle so many times, that Milloy pretty much had to play MLB2. im not saying that its all Brooking's fault, i mean the DTs run stopping ability sucked also.

If brooking was getting mayb 4-5 mil i would consider, but his 8mil price tag is hurting us. Id rather draft a guy and have him and Taylor switch every few plays than have Brooking.

I thought you were going to say something like "he has naked pictures of Blank and is using them to blackmail him," or "mckay had an illicit affair with his wife and he's threatening to expose him if released."

I wasn't expecting an actual analysis, but I agree with the points that you make. Even if he is earning alot of money, it's not like we have alot of options to replace him with...

...is because our FO knows a tad bit more than most of the couch monkeys on this board who seem to think they are legendary GM's...

(1) As already stated earlier in this thread, we are painfully thin at the postion, and Brook is a better solution than any free agent LB available or draftee...

(2) Urlacher himself could not excel at MLB if his defensive front was as weak as ours has been historically - Brooking could excel if playing behind a formidable defensive front

Itchy One (3/10/2008)
phattywankenobi (3/10/2008)

(Updated 03/03/2008).

I came here today to see any good news for the birds. Your post has ruined my day, probably my week. There goes our speed and playmaking at the LB'r spot. Thanks.

lol he signed with them last week.That's really old news