Salvation is easy. I will help you.

Knowing nothing in your case is still of statement of being in knowledge of something. Therefore this tripe is a contradiction and completely meaningless.

You said in a song thread that the # 1 song when you were born was "Black velvet" by Alanah Myles.

So you are 18 and use words like "tripe"?

is that you, Mr. Howell?

JDaveG (3/10/2008)
The Egoist (3/10/2008)
raptorial bird (3/10/2008)
The Egoist (3/10/2008)
There is no god.

People actually think they have a choice whether or not they believe in God. Often the loudest and most ardent individuals are the ones who are actually trying to convince otherwise.

The only thing I know is that I, as well as everyone of you, know nothing.

Knowing nothing in your case is still of statement of being in knowledge of something. Therefore this tripe is a contradiction and completely meaningless.

Interesting, then, that you made the assertion "there is no god."

If there is no god, prove it.

And don't ask ME to prove that there is a god, either. The burden of proof is on the person making the assertion. You made it. Back it up.

My argument is against a "creator god", but as far as beings that had abilities beyond our capabilities as humans (who might be considered gods by humans)... I think that is very possible with the vastness of space and time.

JDaveG (3/10/2008)
The Egoist (3/10/2008)
raptorial bird (3/10/2008)
The Egoist (3/10/2008)
There is no god.

People actually think they have a choice whether or not they believe in God. Often the loudest and most ardent individuals are the ones who are actually trying to convince otherwise.

The only thing I know is that I, as well as everyone of you, know nothing.

Interesting, then, that you made the assertion "there is no god."

If there is no god, prove it.

And don't ask ME to prove that there is a god, either. The burden of proof is on the person making the assertion. You made it. Back it up.

The original assertion is the arbitrary one. To make a claim of any supernatural is that original assertion. The burden of proof does not rely on me in this case any more than it does against the existence of invisible monkeys flying outside my window. We live in the state of natural. We see, feel, hear, taste and touch only natural things. We are born into the world without a belief in supernatural. The burden of proof relies on those who wish to change this state of non-belief into belief.

But as it stands, it is impossible to prove a negative of that which by definition we cannot perceive.

The Egoist (3/10/2008)
The original assertion is the arbitrary one. To make a claim of any supernatural is that original assertion. The burden of proof does not rely on me in this case any more than it does against the existence of invisible monkeys flying outside my window. We live in the state of natural. We see, feel, hear, taste and touch only natural things. We are born into the world without a belief in supernatural. The burden of proof relies on those who wish to change this state of non-belief into belief.

But as it stands, it is impossible to prove a negative of that which by definition we cannot perceive.

Then at best, you can only prove that WE cannot prove that there is a god.

So your assertion "there is not a god" is unprovable, and therefore the person who said "we do not know" was correct.

JDaveG (3/10/2008)
The Egoist (3/10/2008)

Then at best, you can only prove that WE cannot prove that there is a god.

So your assertion "there is not a god" is unprovable, and therefore the person who said "we do not know" was correct.

He also holds the belief that we're all inherently born with non-belief which is also an unprovable belief.