Official Bump till we sign Reggie Ball

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IHateThe Cowboys! (3/7/2008)
Reggie who? oh the 5'7 QB out of GT? Yeah that is who we need. GREAT IDEA! We start him we would win alright...we would win the first draft pick every year!

LMAO, I have heard of homers...but my GOD, you want to sign webster too?

Another hater. You will see soon enough.

somecut8 (3/7/2008)
I'm so confused. Isn't Reggie Ball on the Lions with Calvin Johnson??

Is this him: http://www.nfl.com/players/reggieball/profile?id=BAL581914

Yes Reggie is on the Lions that is why I advocate trading for him. If we a re lucky Calvin will ask to be included as well, he knows who got him where he is. Reggie Ball is the Yin to CJ's Yang.

MidWest Falcon (3/7/2008)
I can't believe people are actually taking this thread serious :w00t::w00t:

Although I know ATL is serious

Serious as a heart attack my friend!

Speaking of heart attacks, that's exactly what Reggie would give the opposing team's D. We GOTTA GET THI MAN. He DESERVES a chance, he DESERVES a chance!!

I can see it all now...the facility is packed at near capacity.....there is definitely a buzz in the air and the crowd is filled with anticipation....

Reggie Ball drops back....

He looks left....

He looks right....

He throws....

....and the girl at the register catches the Big Mac and puts it on the customers tray.

Don't worry, DJ Shockley will come in to relieve Reggie after he gets sacked and injured by a blitzing bag of fries.

Maybe this will help refresh some people's memory. My personal favorite, they were driving inside the redzone, 4th down, I believe they would have won or at least tied if he had gotten the touchdown. So in this critical last chance, all or nothing play, he throws it into the stands as if he had no clue what down it was. Wow my 4 year old knows what down it is. Anyways.... here's a brief refresher.

November 27, 2006

WEEKEND IN REVIEW, REGGIE BALL: AGRAJAG OF THE ACC

Georgia/Georgia Tech had a lot of interesting moments, but like spectators on the highway, the attention tends to focus on the obvious disasters. Like Reggie Ball playing the University of Georgia at quarterback, a role of such abject misery and incompetence as to paralyze any conventional comparisons we d care to make. For the past four years, him under center against UGA has been like looking at the fresh wreckage of a car crash for four hours straight and waiting for the gas tank to go off in a ball of flame and sizzled flesh.

Reggie Ball: set to go off at any instant.

For four years running, it went off with unreal frequency and regularity. Which means we ve got to dig into the Douglas Adams archives to find just the right blend of unreal bad luck, shoddy execution, and futile self-mutilating rage to capture the career of Reggie Ball properly. (Warning: two minutes of internet research required. Gird that attention span, ADDers!)

First, the numbers: For his career against UGA, Ball went 45-104 with one touchdown and five interceptions. He was sacked at least six times, and tackled for losses on hopeless scrambles on innumerable occasions. He also lost four fumbles, including Tony Taylor s squirrel/nut run giving UGA their first score in 2006 and signalling the beginning of the final catastrophe.

Worse than the number was the timing of Ball s mistakes:

2003: knocked out with concussion caused by running into own teammate.

2004: throws ball away on 4th down on potential game-winning drive.

2005: throws game-ending interception five yards shy of tying td.

2006: loses crucial fumble for score AND throws game ending pick into triple coverage on final drive with over a minute left on clock.

Ball was a master in fact, he got worse with each game he played against Georgia. The more the pressure mounted, the more success Ball enjoyed as a starter, the worse he played against the Bulldogs. He came back stronger each time, and yet could not stop improving on his masterwork of disaster. In fact, his senior year capped his artistry: not only did he lose a game-killing fumble, he also tossed his signature game-losing pick, a Matisse of malicious fortune and bad execution made worse with a 6 for 22 performance killing any potential of consistent passing offense.

The simile: Reggie Ball : Georgia as Agrajag : Arthur Dent. The story:

Play Maka Baka (3/7/2008)
canesftballfan16 (3/7/2008)
im jumping on the bandwagon now. we need to sign him and start him ASAP. He is the truth, he is the future!

I am very offended by your sig. I guess McCain should be pres. and get more of our soliders killed right?

im offened that people think any of these 3 candidatesc out run this country. the next 4 years are gnna be a joke no matter who gets in

I am very offended by your sig. I guess McCain should be pres. and get more of our soliders killed right?

First off, they are SOLDIERS! If you are going to proclaim yourself an advocate of them, spell it correctly, that in itself is clear and simple disrespect. Spell check, every computer has it, use it! I work for the USAR and let me tell you a few things, BAKA MAKA;

The soldiers I know would take offense at your ridiculous comment about politics on a sports message board.

The soldiers I know and work with and for would tell any one of us that we are needed where we are at in the world because of people who have forgotten why they are there to begin with.

Civilians not in conflict don't know s*&^ about this or any war.

Canes fan is correct, there is absolutely NO POLITICIAN that is worth our time in the voting booth and the next 4 years are going to be a mess for all of us.

Now, back to the Atlanta Falcons message boards and drop this political propaganda crapola.