Confirming info posted about Harrington re-signing

falcoholic (The Commish) (3/6/2008)
oregonsfan (3/6/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/6/2008)
Please, lets just let Harrington go. There, he's gone. Thanks.

By the sound of the e-mail, it seems Harrington thought Harrington was gone. Wonder what this means for DJ, if anything?

By all accounts, it looks like Shockley won't be on the Falcon roster week 1, 2008. Signed Redman, courting Harrington, Brunell... and definitely drafting a QB. Shockley will be on the outside looking in. Good post, oregonsfan.

Doubt it. having Harrington and Burnell would be dumb we are not the Bucs we only keep 3 QBs on the roster. its not adding up. i think we stick with Redman and Shockley. harrington was a good guy, but unless he is able to increase his arm strength by atleast 20yrds i do not see why we need him for a Vertical offense.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it turns out Shockley is toast with the Falcons, I'll feel bad for him. From all that I've seen and has been reported, he did everything the team asked him to do, had a good attitude, and has been rehabbing like crazy.

On the other hand, if he's as good a QB as some on the board would like to believe, he may be able to catch on with another team.

oregonsfan (3/6/2008)
If it turns out Shockley is toast with the Falcons, I'll feel bad for him. From all that I've seen and has been reported, he did everything the team asked him to do, had a good attitude, and has been rehabbing like crazy.

On the other hand, if he's as good a QB as some on the board would like to believe, he may be able to catch on with another team.

yall are throwing in the towel way to soon. dont count Shockley out just yet, or yall will regret it. im not saying that they cant report, but i just want to know how no one in atlanta can report this, but they can in Oregon.

GEORGIAfan (3/6/2008)
oregonsfan (3/6/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/6/2008)

By the sound of the e-mail, it seems Harrington thought Harrington was gone. Wonder what this means for DJ, if anything?

By all accounts, it looks like Shockley won't be on the Falcon roster week 1, 2008. Signed Redman, courting Harrington, Brunell... and definitely drafting a QB. Shockley will be on the outside looking in. Good post, oregonsfan.

Doubt it. having Harrington and Burnell would be dumb we are not the Bucs we only keep 3 QBs on the roster. its not adding up. i think we stick with Redman and Shockley. harrington was a good guy, but unless he is able to increase his arm strength by atleast 20yrds i do not see why we need him for a Vertical offense.

There's no way the Falcons don't draft a QB in the first two or three rounds. They resigned Redman, and are looking at a couple of journeymen (Brunell, Harrington). If they planned on keeping Shockley, they wouldn't be looking at Brunell or re-signing Harrington, which they are. No way we keep 4 QBs.

GEORGIAfan (3/6/2008)
oregonsfan (3/6/2008)
birdweiserrr (3/6/2008)

There's no way the Falcons don't draft a QB in the first two or three rounds. They resigned Redman, and are looking at a couple of journeymen (Brunell, Harrington). If they planned on keeping Shockley, they wouldn't be looking at Brunell or re-signing Harrington, which they are. No way we keep 4 QBs.

dude i just said that, and if we resign Harrington and Burnell, then we would have 4 QBs, not including the draft pick, which im not doubting. i am just saying that i wont believe it til i see it.

All you guys under estimate Shockley. He was beating Redman out last pre-season for the #2 job before he got hurt. I know Redman was just getting the feel for football back since he had been out for three years but Shockley was playing well. Yea it was against 3rd and 4th stringers but he was playing with 3rd and 4th stringers on his side too. His rookie season in his first game he led us back to a forth quarter victory and was doing the same when he got hurt last year. Redman couldn't finish off the last drive to win the game even though DJ took us most of the way. He has only one bad pre-season game and that was in the first pre-season game last season. Then he bounced back in a big way before getting hurt. I know Redman is the starter no doubt but why all this doubt for DJ. He has shown nothing but promise.

Ran-dawg (3/6/2008)
All you guys under estimate Shockley. He was beating Redman out last pre-season for the #2 job before he got hurt. I know Redman was just getting the feel for football back since he had been out for three years but Shockley was playing well. Yea it was against 3rd and 4th stringers but he was playing with 3rd and 4th stringers on his side too. His rookie season in his first game he led us back to a forth quarter victory and was doing the same when he got hurt last year. Redman couldn't finish off the last drive to win the game even though DJ took us most of the way. He has only one bad pre-season game and that was in the first pre-season game last season. Then he bounced back in a big way before getting hurt. I know Redman is the starter no doubt but why all this doubt for DJ. He has shown nothing but promise.

What? Shockley was 3rd string the entire time. That's why he played 3rd in every preseason game, with the 3rd stringers. Except the last game, where Redman started, and Shockley was 2nd. The doubt on DJ is his best game he got injured. Coming off an injury, he had a lot of bad throws. He can be better now, I don't know, but he was never above Redman.

dude i just said that, and if we resign Harrington and Burnell, then we would have 4 QBs, not including the draft pick, which im not doubting. i am just saying that i wont believe it til i see it.

We are bringing in QB's for competion. That doesn't mean any of them excluding Redman will be on the opening day roster. We will definitely draft one in the 1st or probably the 2nd. Then the rest of them will battle for the #2 position. Probably Harrington or DJ. No way Brunell is good enough anymore to make this roster.

sporkdevil (3/6/2008)
Ran-dawg (3/6/2008)

What? Shockley was 3rd string the entire time. That's why he played 3rd in every preseason game, with the 3rd stringers. Except the last game, where Redman started, and Shockley was 2nd. The doubt on DJ is his best game he got injured. Coming off an injury, he had a lot of bad throws. He can be better now, I don't know, but he was never above Redman.

Shockley got his redempt in the 2nd game, and i bet that if he had not gotten hurt, he would have been in 2nd, and he was 2nd at the start of TC.

GEORGIAfan (3/6/2008)
oregonsfan (3/6/2008)

yall are throwing in the towel way to soon. dont count Shockley out just yet, or yall will regret it. im not saying that they cant report, but i just want to know how no one in atlanta can report this, but they can in Oregon.

I've suggested what you can do to research why this information was broadcast in Oregon...if you've got a better way, go for it! I certainly do not have any personal knowledge about journalists, journalism, etc. (unless you count working on the high school paper back in the good ol' days), so continuing to ask in this thread is pretty pointless.

sporkdevil (3/6/2008)
Ran-dawg (3/6/2008)

Don't take this offensively but your wrong. He didn't play as the 3rd the entire time. He was rotating with Redman. He played the 4th qtr. and Redman the 3rd qtr. in the pre-season opener. Redman played the 4th and DJ the 3rd in the 2nd game. Then Redman played the 3rd and DJ the 4th in the 3rd game. We were behind and DJ was bringing us back in the 4th then got hurt. Redman came in and the drive stalled and we lost. I can't remember who we brought in after that for game 4 but that is when Redman was announced from Petrino's mouth that he was the #2 guy. In his rookie year he had another 4th qtr. comeback to lead us to victory. I don't know what you are talking about when you say coming off his injury he had some really bad throws because he hasn't been back since his injury. I follow this team extremely close so I know for a fact that they were battling for the #2 spot.

I might have the rotation mixed up. DJ might have got hurt in the second game.

Joey played at Oregon. Makes sense an Oregon reporter would have ties to him, or friends of his. Not surprising that Oregon news would get this story. He is likely the source, either directly or indirectly. I believe it is possible, and certainly have no reason to suspect someone forged an email. For the guy who doesn't believe, check with the station and let us know what you find.

DJ's Stats:

Rookie

GM1: 4-10 40 yrds 2 rushes 12 yrds

GM2: 1-5 10 yrds 2 rushes 14 yrds

GM3: 3-6 42 yrds 3 rushes 5 yrds

GM4: 9-15 94 yrds 1 TD 4 rushes 31 yrds (4th qtr. come from behind win)

No ints. as a rookie is rather impressive.

2nd yr.

GM1: 5-12 46 yrds 1 int. 1 rush 1 yrd.

GM2: 4-5 46 yrds 3 rushes 18 yrds ( was bringing us back in the 4th qtr. before getting hurt)

These numbers are not bad for a young player that only started 1 college year. Only 1 int. Only one TD but we had a running attack too.

For those who are interested, I posted the e-mail message information in this thread: http://life.atlantafalcons.com/forums/FindPost3277317.aspx

You can also find the reporter's e-mail addy in the message information. For those of you who just are not going to draw another easy breath until you have independently confirmed the information I posted, here ya go:

KATU

2153 N.E. Sandy Blvd.

Portland, OR 97232

Main Phone (503) 231-4222

News Desk (503) 231-4265

In fact, Katy Brown usually is on the evening and 11 o'clock news. Since it is now 8:19 P.M., here, you may even be able to catch her at the station if you call.

Ran-dawg (3/6/2008)

I will be pissed if he goes to one of the other three contenders and wins a championship even though I doubt he would be the starter. I really don't blame our loosing on him at all. That being said, I think he should only be a #2 in this league. I wouldn't be upset to see him back to at least compete for a spot with DJ. We'll draft a young QB then they'll battle it out for the #2 spot until the rookie is ready to move up.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: I thought you said that Harrington would battle for the #2 spot. Joe Flacco can though a 28 yard hail mary any day ;)

oregonsfan (3/6/2008)
For those who are interested, I posted the e-mail message information in this thread: http://life.atlantafalcons.com/forums/FindPost3277317.aspx

You can also find the reporter's e-mail addy in the message information. For those of you who just are not going to draw another easy breath until you have independently confirmed the information I posted, here ya go:

KATU

2153 N.E. Sandy Blvd.

Portland, OR 97232

News Desk (503) 231-4265

In fact, Katy Brown usually is on the evening and 11 o'clock news. Since it is now 8:19 P.M., here, you may even be able to catch her at the station if you call.

Is this the same source that told you Vick couldn't get into the drug program because they were all full. :hehe:

statzondeck (3/7/2008)
oregonsfan (3/6/2008)

KATU

2153 N.E. Sandy Blvd.

Portland, OR 97232

News Desk (503) 231-4265

Is this the same source that told you Vick couldn't get into the drug program because they were all full. :hehe:

Ouch.

This is so full of it. Your really making yourself look stupid.

1. Why would they want him at a lower price considering how hard it is to get a Qb and he was already cheap?

2. Why wouldn't they just renegotiate his current contract?

3. Still nothing on the website AT ALL. They have him getting cut but nothing about his prospects. No real proof.

4. If he's in such demand, why go into a bidding war for him when you already had him.

5. They don't mention the other clubs. I'd be interested in who's looking at him (I'm hoping its another NFC south team).

6. Nothing on the local news, whatsoever. If it was reported yesterday, somebody, ESPN, SI, Yahoo, Foxsports, MSN sports, USAToday, AJC, etc would have SOMETHING! **** even Sirius Satellite Radio. Something.

Totally bogus.

statzondeck (3/7/2008)
oregonsfan (3/6/2008)

KATU

2153 N.E. Sandy Blvd.

Portland, OR 97232

News Desk (503) 231-4265

Nope, I was telling people who asked about my experience with my clients and the process (including the waiting lists and minimum sentences necessary) to get into the fed's drug program.