What About Quinn Gray I Think He Could Start Here

atlfalcon36 (3/6/2008)
That way we can go jake long, DT and safety/ol

If we don't sign a NT, like Grady Jackson or someone like him thats not Moorehead, then we have to go DT first because there is really only two worth talking about. We might sign Moorehead but he is to add depth for the UT position witch Coleman left to Jonathon Bab.

Jeffrey Olney (3/6/2008)
I think he would be great here and our coach knows him would be great pick up and would make it so we do not take ryan 3rd overall and we could draft jake long with the 3rd overall pick.

Leftwich knew our coach also. See where that got him. Now since we are apparently going to re-sign Harrington, have re-signed Redman and have Shockley coming off IR why on Earth do you assume we are going to draft Ryan?

"Leftwich knew our coach also. See where that got him. Now since we are apparently going to re-sign Harrington, have re-signed Redman and have Shockley coming off IR why on Earth do you assume we are going to draft Ryan?"

You dont think the Falcons will draft a QB or just not Ryan? I think if the Falcons sign Joey back that Shockley will be on the practice squad once camp breaks.

The_ ATL (3/7/2008)
"Leftwich knew our coach also. See where that got him. Now since we are apparently going to re-sign Harrington, have re-signed Redman and have Shockley coming off IR why on Earth do you assume we are going to draft Ryan?"

You dont think the Falcons will draft a QB or just not Ryan? I think if the Falcons sign Joey back that Shockley will be on the practice squad once camp breaks.

They may cut Shockley and draft a QB in the later rounds. It's also possible they keep Shockley until training camp and if he can't cut it, they cut him and sign an undrafted rookie qb. We'll have a clearer picture of their thinking draft day.

I thought we would go after Quinn Gray. I do think he has a better upside than our insurance salesman, but I am sure Mike Smith has a good Idea if he is worth signing. I still don't see why all the love for Redman. Yes, he played decent in games, but he couldn't win the games. People act like he has earned the starting QB job, but the only reason he is going to start is because we don't have any other options. I hope we sign some O-Lineman so we can at least run the ball.

We would just be adding another career backup. Some QBs are best left to be backups. Gray did exactly what was needed of him...to come in after injury and sustain the offense. He's not starting material. We signed Redman to be our backup. He is the starter now because of what we have on the roster but he is best served as a backup.