Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

The Redskins contacted the Falcons a few times about DeAngelo Hall

33 posts in this topic

I agree. You can't re-build like that. You have to keep your best players and bring in pieces that fit with them. Not necessarily building around them but why create a hole in an already built up position. We didn't draft #23 to replace #21.

dan krise (3/6/2008)
Ran-dawg (3/6/2008)
What about Seattle since he and Mora had a secret love affair? They just signed Truphant so how about Truphant and a 2nd or 3rd. With Truphant in the deal we could live with a 2nd or 3rd.

why the ##### would they trade trufant?

they won't for one thing, he is from Tacoma which is like 45 mins from seattle. Trufant will most likely be a lifer there, but he might make seattle pay out the rear to keep him.

Kelly Jennings is a fairly good corner, so Seattle might be willing to trade him and a 2nd or something along those lines for hall via a sign and trade set up. thing being, seattle does have some cap issues right now and they're still looking for a TE. but seattle is certainly a viable trade partner. most likely though, we would have to take some salary in return, and jennings' might not be enough. they might send jennings plus a good backup/nickel player like babineaux for hall, or something along those lines.

gee_q (3/6/2008)
I'm going to love it when we can't trade Hall. And then he goes off and he plays fantastic this year and about week 12 the Falcons try to give him an extension but Hall doesn't budge since he's having a Pro-Bowl year. After that the Falcons (in their redundant idiotic manner) fail to franchise him and Hall leaves in free agency and signs the richest contract for a CB in NFL history...

Watch it play out this year. Of course, Hall will have another Pro-Bowl year on his new team. Remember Kerney anyone? Yeah, the Falcons front office was SOOOOOO smart in not signing him. I bet we don't get the 3rd round pick everybody is expecting. All due to the fact that we signed the richest fullback contract ever same offseason.

WOW. We suck...

He won't. If he was at all likely to sign the richest contract for a CB, then teams wouldn't have balked when they found out his asking price.

And I don't like your attitude.

GEORGIAfan (3/6/2008)
TD cant control D Hall, and i bet D.Hall is doing this on purpose, so that he can stay with the falcon, because he knows that the falcon are moving in the right direction.

C'mon, man. Do you really think that Hall is that Machiavellian?

The Redskins are currently $22,078,740 over the cap right now with 45 players on roster. They can't do anything.

I think everyone in the NFC East contacted Atlanta about Hall the second the rumors about NY Giants trying work a deal popped up.