How many washed up , no good QB's do we have to go through?

Redman,leftwich, harrington, shockely

now people are wanting culpepper..

there is a reason these guys are FA and not on teams. its not like they are all of a sudden gonna be stars...

Im just sick of hearing people think these guys can come in and make a difference. they are roster spots nd perfrom backup duty at most

We need a franchise QB and those dont hit FA, so that leaves us to the draft.

I dont care who the falcons draft for QB as long as they draft one. I want an untested un proven player.

canesftballfan16 (3/6/2008)

there is a reason these guys are FA and not on teams. its not like they are all of a sudden gonna be stars...

Im just sick of hearing people think these guys can come in and make a difference. they are roster spots nd perfrom backup duty at most

I dont care who the falcons draft for QB as long as they draft one. I want an untested un proven player.

Former co MVP........Culpepper......btw how many decent QBs have come out of the University of Miami in the past 5 years...scratch that....10 years?

Atowndown08 (3/6/2008)

Former co MVP........Culpepper......btw how many decent QBs have come out of the University of Miami in the past 5 years...scratch that....10 years?

um ill go with zero...but wth does that have to do with the atlanta falcons???

Hmm, if the QB you draft (DJ) is injured, and you're star that you are paying obscene amounts of money to is brought up on federal charges, then you have to work with what you can find. The Falcons have a done a good job trying to find that stopgap, and thank god Redman stepped up last year. I hope we take a QB too, but if Culpepper came here, I wouldn't lose my mind or anything...

Magic Man (3/6/2008)
Hmm, if the QB you draft (DJ) is injured, and you're star that you are paying obscene amounts of money to is brought up on federal charges, then you have to work with what you can find. The Falcons have a done a good job trying to find that stopgap, and thank god Redman stepped up last year. I hope we take a QB too, but if Culpepper came here, I wouldn't lose my mind or anything...

DJ never would have started even if he was healthy.

Atowndown08 (3/6/2008)
No but you sit here and bash all these qbs, as if you could play any better than them, which i highly doubt. Leftwich and Harrington would both be excellent qbs behind the Patriots line, just because OUR line sucks doesnt mean these qbs suck.

ok so let me get this straight. i cant bash a player b/c im not a qb. but you can evaulate a player and say he would be good on another team. hypocrit...and it looks like im not the only person on this MB that thinks u r

Atowndown08 (3/6/2008)
No but you sit here and bash all these qbs, as if you could play any better than them, which i highly doubt. Leftwich and Harrington would both be excellent qbs behind the Patriots line, just because OUR line sucks doesnt mean these qbs suck.

I wouldn't go quite that far...I'd list them as decent behind that good a Oline, but not excellent. I think Harrington is too damaged from his time in Detroit to ever bring out his potential now anyways.

Atowndown08 (3/6/2008)

ok so let me get this straight. i cant bash a player b/c im not a qb. but you can evaulate a player and say he would be good on another team. hypocrit...and it looks like im not the only person on this MB that thinks u r

There is a difference between saying someone sucks.....when theyre obviously in the NFL, so they must have some talent, and then evaluating a player based on his past performances and determining that he could do well behind a good line. Leftwich has a great arm, he just needs a lot of time to release, but when he has the time, he looks as good as any good QB would.