What has DJ Shockley done as a FALCON?

GEORGIAfan, the difference between sane and insane is that sane is saying "I hope he proves me wrong" and insane is saying "DJ is DA FUTURE." And both of you are talking about a 7th round pick who has done nothing at any time in his 4 year NFL career to show that he is anything but a 3rd stringer.

Its one thing to have hope and its another to feel as DJs path to greatness is just a matter of time.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just_the_Truth (3/6/2008)
GEORGIAfan, the difference between sane and insane is that sane is saying "I hope he proves me wrong" and insane is saying "DJ is DA FUTURE." And both of you are talking about a 7th round pick who has done nothing at any time in his 4 year NFL career to show that he is anything but a 3rd stringer.

Its one thing to have hope and its another to feel as DJs path to greatness is just a matter of time.

seriously i cant remember why i said DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE, but now it just stuck with me. i will say that im not the same person i was back then. ive gain a lot of knowledge as a Fan, and a sports enthusiast. I still think he is da future, but im not as homerist as a was before. Another thing is its not different, because i said it just to say i believe in him, which is the what Pit does, but he does not want to show it, so he puts on a front saying he does not see it, but i know Pit will be more than happy to see DJ blow it up in the NFL.

Heres the thing, I would love more than anything for a guy that we drafted to become a superstar. I hope that is the case for every Falcon. But at the same time, after seeing a guy perform without showing any signs of having those great qualities, then I have to believe that maybe he is just not that good. Maybe DJ will prove me wrong about his abilities and I really hope he does. Still, so many guys on here act as if somehow the Falcons coaches want to hold this true superstar down for whatever reason. That is purely CRAZY. Just crazy.

I can tell that you are a guy that is honest and forthright in your beliefs. And thats cool. I respect that. Just don't get too caught up in past words that you may have spoken or written and if your views have changed, say so. More people will respect you for that than you can ever imagine.

Just_the_Truth (3/6/2008)
Heres the thing, I would love more than anything for a guy that we drafted to become a superstar. I hope that is the case for every Falcon. But at the same time, after seeing a guy perform without showing any signs of having those great qualities, then I have to believe that maybe he is just not that good. Maybe DJ will prove me wrong about his abilities and I really hope he does. Still, so many guys on here act as if somehow the Falcons coaches want to hold this true superstar down for whatever reason. That is purely CRAZY. Just crazy.

I can tell that you are a guy that is honest and forthright in your beliefs. And thats cool. I respect that. Just don't get too caught up in past words that you may have spoken or written and if your views have changed, say so. More people will respect you for that than you can ever imagine.

Thanks for the Advice, but i still believe in DJ Shockley, BUT if he fails this preseason, its not the coaches fault, but his fault. I just hope he can be our Romo or Brady, and lead us to the SB, and this time WIN.

I am with you on us winning the Super Bowl. But I have a sneaky feeling when we do it(and we will do it one day) that DJ will not be our QB.

But I like your belief in him and I will hold you to your word on whether or not DJ performs in the preseason or not. I truly hope he proves us disbelievers wrong.

No QB on this roster has really proved anything. Redman was hot in the last few games, that's why he's getting the first crack at the starting position. But none have proven anything. We'd be wise not to count anyone out, including whoever we draft. I sure the QB that looks the best coming out of TC will be named the starter regardless.

Nothing besides play in the pre-season, hold a clipboard, and get injured. He was the beneficiary of a good UGA team that made him look decent. If David Greene didn't cut it in the NFL, how do all these people think that Shockley (who couldn't win the starting job from D.G.) is going to be a great NFL QB! Wake up people and stop dreaming!

To answer your question is quite simple. So far Shockley has not done much more then carry a clipboard and learn. He has never started a regular season game. Does that make him a bad quarterback? No, it just means he has never started a game. If people would have mentioned Derek Anderson as a possible player the Falcons should obtain before the start of last year you would have been made fun of and persecuted. Now that Anderson had a good year, nearly 75% of the idiots on this board wanted to trade the 1st round pick to the Browns for Anderson before he re-signed with the Browns. Shockley is an unknown commodity. His best game was at Georgia versus Boise State. He threw five touchdowns if I recall correctly, maybe it was just four, but that was a great game for him, his best as a player. Until he gets a chance, we will never know. Tom Brady got his big break when Bledsoe went down to injury. He also got the break of crucial officiating call against Oakland in the Snow Bowl. If not for that ridiculous call by the official the Raiders would have won and the rookie Brady would have lost confidence and might have stumbled the next year. Look at Tony Romo. He choked against Seattle a year ago by bobbling the snap and this year he seemed to be scared again and threw a crucial interception which cost them the game against the Giants. Had a couple plays gone right for Romo, perhaps we would all be talking about his Super Bowl Wins and his great poise and confidence. Now the only thing people talk about is his ability to get free lap dances from Jessica Simpson. So his life is not a complete failure...................................

red2play (3/5/2008)
HammsPounder (3/5/2008)
Bloodhoundz Reborn (3/5/2008)
oregonsfan (3/5/2008)The local ABC affiliate here in Portland is reporting that Harrington was released for salary cap purposes only, and that the team is already talking with him and his agent about re-signing with a new contract. However, Harrington's agent is telling the Falcons that three teams have already contacted him regarding Harrington. Suddenly TD's comment on 790 yesterday about the team talking with Harrington and his agent about Harrington remaining with the team is making much more sense.

no link and the author of the hoax is oregonsfan. Somebody tell Hoey's wife to GET OFF THE COMPUTER!!

Red, I've defended you in the past...I've agreed with you in the past...I've disagreed with you in this past. What I have never done on this or any other message board is post crap (or a hoax, as you call it). IMO, it's pretty pathetic when your dislike of a particular player reaches such a level that you feel the need to call other people names and launch a personal attack against someone you don't know. BTW, I selected my username because of where I live, and for no other reason.

I'm going to go watch the sports segment of the same local channel now...they just "teased" that segment with a lead about Harrington possibly re-signing with the Falcons. For those that are interested, I'll update after I hear what is said. Red, you can feel free to ignore and/or not respond.

Just watched the sports segment for the 11 o'clock news. They reported the same information, then added a couple of bits of information: It was reported that, if Harrington resigns with the Falcons, it will probably be sometime next week...and it was reinerated that three other teams are interested in Harrington and that he/his agent are talking with those teams.

Yeah all these homer UGA fans love shockley. I like shockly i thought he was a good pick but i never thought of him anymore then an backup or a 3rd stringer for his career.. All this talk about how he will in a superbowl is crazy, the guy never played a snap in a real game, who cares if hes from UGA really, if that matters then i guess matt linart and john david booty will be HOF qbs because USC has been the best in the NCAA for the past 5 yrs or so..