The dirty bird dance

I was just getting into football at the time the dirty bird came about (I was WAY more of a baseball fan thanks to Dale Murphy and the Braves). I think my first Falcons game I ever watched was when the Falcs beat the Vikings to get to the superbowl. Yup...I'm a newbie to football. The Bulldogs got me to start watching it and then the Falcons were added to that watch list. Now I'm in heaven on the weekends during football season and **** when there is no football going on.

But since I wasnt really a fan of the Falcons yet when the Birds started that dance...I was just curious what you thought of it when it first came about. I saw it for the first time in the Vikings game and thought it was pretty funny and cool.

I just was curious how the guys who had been a Falcons fan for a long time before then had thought about it is all.

boy that thing swept the city you guys remember jamal anderson going around end, heading upfield with only a db to stop him, and running slap through and over the guy

boy that year was something else and when he would make it to the end zone he would dance

I forgot what D back started it but when they got a pick, sack or fumble they would get up and everybody would, hard to explain it, put their hands out, one in front of the other and wiggle their fingers like they were putting a spell on each other.

It caught on real quick with fans and players.....lasted maybe 2 games and the NFL banned it saying it was taunting.

birdshi1/ (3/4/2008)
boy that thing swept the city you guys remember jamal anderson going around end, heading upfield with only a db to stop him, and running slap through and over the guy

boy that year was something else and when he would make it to the end zone he would dance

:crying:

Man I wish I had been a fan back then. I bet that was a great year to be a Falcon fan.

Tyler D (3/4/2008)
birdshi1/ (3/4/2008)

Man I wish I had been a fan back then. I bet that was a great year to be a Falcon fan.

it definetly was

Tyler D (3/4/2008)
birdshi1/ (3/4/2008)

it definetly was

Dirty Bird is a classic...I remember being like 8 years old in 98 and when Morton Andersen kicked that game winning field goal against the Vikes me and my pops ran outside in celebration and did the dirty bird in the middle of the street...then we looked around and saw EVERYBODY else celebrating too (except they had enough sense to celebrate in their houses and not the street)...But yeah going to games back then is a fond memory of mine:D

Mike Harrison (3/4/2008)
Liked the Dirty Bird, hated pass the magic. Loved the Nail in the Coffin by Duckett

Same, liked the dirty bird. Pass the magic was beyond stupid, nail the coffin was great. But one thing every time a team does this, the other teams pick it up and make fun of us. Easy cure WIN, and make sure you have a 2 TD lead and the other team won't be looking at the dancing. ;)