let's discuss real football here for a moment

the new staff has stated that they want to be "strong" in the middle.

well when you think about pass blocking remember we have the big unused fullback ovie mughelli from the ravens with turner and mughelli in the same backfield you have to huge back supporting the line in protecting the qb this is especially useful when you pound a defense and then use play action to set up the deep pass. noone can get near your qb.

now if you pick a rookie he may or may not be able to pick up the blitz

Guest Gritz
birdshi1/ (3/4/2008)

well when you think about pass blocking remember we have the big unused fullback ovie mughelli from the ravens with turner and mughelli in the same backfield you have to huge back supporting the line in protecting the qb this is especially useful when you pound a defense and then use play action to set up the deep pass. noone can get near your qb.

Good post. I believe Dimitroff and especially Coach Smith are big believers in old-style smash mouth football on both sides of the ball.

It's going to be refreshing to root for a team that doesn't rely on gimmicks.

Stuff it down their throat when we're on offense. Stuff the run and get to the QB when we're on D.

birdshi1/ (3/4/2008)

That's why I feel we need a defensive player in round 1.

you know what grit imagine 2nd and 6 the defense wont know what to look for

another 4 yard run setting up 3rd and 1 or play action and a short or deep pass

but uh uhh uhhh dont blitz our big back will pick up the blitz and leave the secondary exposed. thats why i believe they wanted a 237 pound monster with speed. all this guy does is smile he already understands the picture. Dan reeves would have loved turner

can somebody teach him the dirty bird or something lol:P

The blitz pickup was a question I had the other day. Does anyone know about Turners ability to pick it up. I certainly don't. I do know that Norwood is not real good at it....hopefully yet.

As for Ovie, I have not been impressed for the money he received. Don't know if he was being used correctly but I saw quite a few wiffs and he got stood up by LB's.

Turner has never shown he can be a starter. He is a backup runningback. Nothing more. But yet we gave him megabucks. He's no faster than norwood, he can't run over anybody, and what yardage he did gain he gained behind a fantastic offensive line. And he likely gained most of those yards while the defensive starters weren't even on the field anymore.

Guest Gritz
birdshi1/ (3/4/2008)
you know what grit imagine 2nd and 6 the defense wont know what to look for

another 4 yard run setting up 3rd and 1 or play action and a short or deep pass

but uh uhh uhhh dont blitz our big back will pick up the blitz and leave the secondary exposed. thats why i believe they wanted a 237 pound monster with speed. all this guy does is smile he already understands the picture. Dan reeves would have loved turner

can somebody teach him the dirty bird or something lol:P

Redman just has to make them pay when they stack the box. Based on what Chris did at the end of last year I don't believe that's outside the realm of possibilty....and if Roddy can build on what he started last year...

It'll be lots better......;)

tom Baldwin (3/4/2008)
Turner has never shown he can be a starter. He is a backup runningback. Nothing more. But yet we gave him megabucks. He's no faster than norwood, he can't run over anybody, and what yardage he did gain he gained behind a fantastic offensive line. And he likely gained most of those yards while the defensive starters weren't even on the field anymore.
Why do you post here?

Tom check out turner at norther ill he led the nation as a big back with speed and tackle breaking ability thats where i believe you will begin to be excited about him maybe not but i think you will. also this guy can run between the tackles and when it mattered most against last years superbowl winner colts he was more that effective as a starter in a playoff game.

birdshi1/ (3/4/2008)
Tom check out turner at norther ill he led the nation as a big back with speed and tackle breaking ability thats where i believe you will begin to be excited about him maybe not but i think you will. also this guy can run between the tackles and when it mattered most against last years superbowl winner colts he was more that effective as a starter in a playoff game.

McFaddens highlights are better. One game does not a HoFer make. Hes our RB now so I will support him but I can still bit#h too. We passed on LT, traded Favre now this. Will it ever end? I swear to God if we draft Matt Ryan...

give it a shot falconfansince turner is a bigger back about 30pds heavier with blazing speed he might become a fast jamal anderson or a back like jamal lewis the year he broke records lets sit back and watch this thing i hope youre wrong i would hate to miss on mcfadden. but hey lightning cant strike twice right? no way he's a peterson the very next year.

tom Baldwin (3/4/2008)
He has never shown he can't be a starter. Why not give a chance? And what do you mean he can't run over people? I know FOR A FACT that he can. I liked him long before we signed him, and I have yet to here a single bad thing about him from a Chargers fan.