What this board has become and what it used to be

First I want to thank those who really enjoy my posts and take their time to read them.

This is just my opinion and believes. This post is NOT to start an argument but to show you how much our board has change. This is NOT about or a Michael Vick post so Vick lovers and haters DO NOT need to comment on his behalf good or bad. Vick was only brought up and use as an example to prove a point.

In order to talk about change you have to talk about the past and present to show a difference in between them. The past is not brought up to start an argument but to PROVE a point.

This post is for those who enjoy to read and RESPECTS some one's opinion and likes to post their opinion without being ignorant.

Thank you and enjoy

¤

I remember when I first join this Board a few years back. Thinking of it now has made me realized how much it has changed and so have the members in it.

This was a place where if you needed to find the latest news, rumors you could come in and read. Lets not forget... Great discussions with other fellow members in our different points of view. Views based on FACTS and reliable sources such as ES PN, ESPN THE INSIDER, SCOTS.CON, NEWS PAPERS, ETC.

I just recently came back to this board after being absent for all of last season due to the fact i knew with all that was going on this was a very nasty place to be in full of HYPOCRITICAL members who turn on you the moment some thing goes wrong. Turned against our players the moment they fall instead of supporting them until the end. A DIE HARD FIND STAYS IN THE GOOD AND BAD.

But i came back because its a NEW ERA for US.

Most of you are wagon riders who turn on our players like hungry vultures waiting on the weak hoping it dies.

No. 1

It all started with Michael Vick. The TRUTH OF MATTER WAS: Vick came in to a HORRIBLE TEAM with no talent what so ever with a few exceptions like Kerney. Blank fired Reeves and Reeves told Blank it would set the franchise years back. Mora was hired. Vick him self turned this team around the moment he became the quarter, making every one on his team look legit and made us in to contenders. We all though the falcons were the team to beat. We went from nothing to winners

With years Vick could not progress and with the garbage he was surrounded with. Price, Dez White, talented but extremely raw, green and inconsistent R. White, Jenkis, HORRIBLE OL, etc. the blame started to fall on the one man show.

With time the cracks started to show and the one man show became a joke. One man cant beat 11 players on his own.

With time all the hypocrites Van Wagon fans turned against him, constantly blaming him for our lack of success

The TRUTH OF THE MATTER WAS.. Even if he had brady this team would have sucked.

No. 2

The Coaches were garbage. As much as i liked Mora his loyalty to his friends and old players cost us games and it ended in him getting fired. He brought old beat up no talented players from the 49ers. Hired stubborn, predictable, conservative and closed min Off. Cor. G. Napp. Because they were buddies

No. 3

Im mad as **** Vick was such a Dumb #####. He was stupid enough to get involved in Dog fighting.

Yes he is an idiot and now he is paying for his mistakes but that dont mean he is a bad football player and a bust. Vick is talented and no one or anything cant take that away. His skills wont change. Period you hating him dont make him a bad player

It was sad how many of his former fans wished him the worst and often made comments such as " i hope he spends his life in jail "

Just because PITA needed to use major publicity to raise money. They protest to raise money.. Duh i know.

Im against dog fighting dont get me wrong but who gives a ##### about dog fighting? When did the life of a human became less to that of a dog?

A man rapes a young little girl between the ages of 6 to 12 in the United States every 3 hours.

My niece was just recently raped and sodomized at the age of 5 and his rapist only got 3 years and in many cases a lot of this freaks get only a slap in the wrist.

As a player i RESPECT HIM and admire his skills. As a person i think he is an idiot

No. 4

IM EXTREMELY HAPPY WE WENT THROUGH SO MUCH LAST YEAR. I loved and enjoyed all of it.. WHY?

With Vick being in jail during this past season it only showed us how HORRIBLE this team truely was.

This allowed us to see how weak of a team we were and that a drastic change needed to be made.

With out vick being behind center, we weren't a double threat any more and this allow opp. Def. To fully concentrate on blitzing us and stopping the run without worry about being burned by some guy scrambling out of the pocket and turning a 5 yr loss in to a first down.

We realized we NEEDED and NEW OL and NEW RB, etc.

Yes its true.! If he was on the team last year playing we would have gone to the playoffs but what good is that if we get killed during the playoffs by a real team?

But use facts and be HONEST to your self.. Dont comment on it just think.. Be open mind.. This team went 4-12 not because of him being in jail but because this team was BAD!

By you saying this is all his fault then you are actually admitting to your self and us he was that **** good he being absent cost us the playoffs.. But wait that contradicts you because you say he sucks. If he is so bad then how did he have such an impact? Oh what you say? Because he ruined this team's morale? Thats B.S

No. 5

"ONLY WHEN YOU ARE DOWN, YOU CAN GET UP.

ONLY WHEN WE FAIL WE, CAN SUCCEED.

ONLY WHEN ITS DESTROYED, IT CAN BE REBUILD."

If it wasn't for last year we wouldn't be working harder to get better. We would still be the same old team thinking we were contenders looking for some one to blame when we didn't win.

Be THANKFUL AND STOP WHINING.

"You can create or destroy.

You can be positive or negative"

No. 6

With that out of the way..

I WANT THIS BOARD TO BE BACK TO ITS GLORY DAYS.

Im so tired of all this Garbage i read here day in day out.

People whining, complaining, fake rumors just to get attention, fake and made up sources.

Other team's board members come here to laugh at us.

When you see post like:

"lets trade for Losman"

"trade hall for Quinn"

"retire Brooking please"

All this none sense garbage posted on and on. Are we getting dumber? This board has turned in to a joke.

I want to discuss football.

I want to read facts and strong smart opinions

I want to be informed

I want to encourage you guys not to reply to ignorant post. By doing so you make the topic a Hot topic and it stays on the first page. This allows this topic to be read and replied more and more.

Do you want to research 6 pages just to find a good topic?

LETS TAKE THIS BOARD BACK!

Fair enough, but why wouldn't a post suggesting "let's trade for Losman" be considered legitimate? He was a starting QB for the Bills, had a rough year, but he is still a legitimate QB with a cannon of an arm. I agree with much of what you said but I am confused why this particular statement would be considered garbage. Because not everyone agrees with it?

It is OK to want to improve the team, and if someone thinks trading for one player or the other could help that is a legitimate discussion topic.

Statements about waiting for Vick to get out of jail or Brett Favre coming out of retirement to play for the Falcons obviously aren't legitimate topics, but I think you, and many other posters here, seem to think if they don't agree then it isn't a valid topic

Nice post man. I agree with what you said abou Vick also.

Next time though...make sure you re-read your post to fix grammatical errors. Usually I dont care about that sort of thing, but if you write a long post that is supposed to mean something, grammar is a huge part. Mainly because you want people to listen. People tend to stop listening when they start seeing misspelled words or other errors... because then they start thinking of what should've been there instead of what is.

Like I said though..I read it all and I liked it.

REV.2000 (3/4/2008)
I HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. BUT TAKE THE BOARD BACK ...... HOW? I THINK THAT MOST OF US ARE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS, BUT HOW CAN IT BE DONE WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE MOD's?:)

The mods do have a part to play, but it is also up to the good, sensible posters here to start some decent threads and to get some proper intelligent football discussion going.

The whole Vick issue is what fragmented these boards. Things got too personnal, and it dragged the whole board in to the gutter.

dont get me wrong please.. I think Losman is skilled and talented. I respect and agree with any one saying he is talented.

What i consider a sad topic is..

Ex. Lets trade 1, 3 for Losman. As talented as he is he was in a very similar team than ours and had very little success. We aren't the team for him nor is he the QB for us.

yet i LOVE to be educated and i like reading people's opinio.

Is the none sense once that get tired.

The last Fan (3/4/2008)
First I want to thank those who really enjoy my posts and take their time to read them.

This is just my opinion and believes. This post is NOT to start an argument but to show you how much our board has change. This is NOT about or a Michael Vick post so Vick lovers and haters DO NOT need to comment on his behalf good or bad. Vick was only brought up and use as an example to prove a point.

In order to talk about change you have to talk about the past and present to show a difference in between them. The past is not brought up to start an argument but to PROVE a point.

This post is for those who enjoy to read and RESPECTS some one's opinion and likes to post their opinion without being ignorant.

Thank you and enjoy

¤

I remember when I first join this Board a few years back. Thinking of it now has made me realized how much it has changed and so have the members in it.

This was a place where if you needed to find the latest news, rumors you could come in and read. Lets not forget... Great discussions with other fellow members in our different points of view. Views based on FACTS and reliable sources such as ES PN, ESPN THE INSIDER, SCOTS.CON, NEWS PAPERS, ETC.

I just recently came back to this board after being absent for all of last season due to the fact i knew with all that was going on this was a very nasty place to be in full of HYPOCRITICAL members who turn on you the moment some thing goes wrong. Turned against our players the moment they fall instead of supporting them until the end. A DIE HARD FIND STAYS IN THE GOOD AND BAD.

But i came back because its a NEW ERA for US.

Most of you are wagon riders who turn on our players like hungry vultures waiting on the weak hoping it dies.

No. 1

It all started with Michael Vick. The TRUTH OF MATTER WAS: Vick came in to a HORRIBLE TEAM with no talent what so ever with a few exceptions like Kerney. Blank fired Reeves and Reeves told Blank it would set the franchise years back. Mora was hired. Vick him self turned this team around the moment he became the quarter, making every one on his team look legit and made us in to contenders. We all though the falcons were the team to beat. We went from nothing to winners

With years Vick could not progress and with the garbage he was surrounded with. Price, Dez White, talented but extremely raw, green and inconsistent R. White, Jenkis, HORRIBLE OL, etc. the blame started to fall on the one man show.

With time the cracks started to show and the one man show became a joke. One man cant beat 11 players on his own.

With time all the hypocrites Van Wagon fans turned against him, constantly blaming him for our lack of success

The TRUTH OF THE MATTER WAS.. Even if he had brady this team would have sucked.

No. 2

The Coaches were garbage. As much as i liked Mora his loyalty to his friends and old players cost us games and it ended in him getting fired. He brought old beat up no talented players from the 49ers. Hired stubborn, predictable, conservative and closed min Off. Cor. G. Napp. Because they were buddies

No. 3

Im mad as **** Vick was such a Dumb #####. He was stupid enough to get involved in Dog fighting.

Yes he is an idiot and now he is paying for his mistakes but that dont mean he is a bad football player and a bust. Vick is talented and no one or anything cant take that away. His skills wont change. Period you hating him dont make him a bad player

It was sad how many of his former fans wished him the worst and often made comments such as " i hope he spends his life in jail "

Just because PITA needed to use major publicity to raise money. They protest to raise money.. Duh i know.

Im against dog fighting dont get me wrong but who gives a ##### about dog fighting? When did the life of a human became less to that of a dog?

A man rapes a young little girl between the ages of 6 to 12 in the United States every 3 hours.

My niece was just recently raped and sodomized at the age of 5 and his rapist only got 3 years and in many cases a lot of this freaks get only a slap in the wrist.

As a player i RESPECT HIM and admire his skills. As a person i think he is an idiot

No. 4

IM EXTREMELY HAPPY WE WENT THROUGH SO MUCH LAST YEAR. I loved and enjoyed all of it.. WHY?

With Vick being in jail during this past season it only showed us how HORRIBLE this team truely was.

This allowed us to see how weak of a team we were and that a drastic change needed to be made.

With out vick being behind center, we weren't a double threat any more and this allow opp. Def. To fully concentrate on blitzing us and stopping the run without worry about being burned by some guy scrambling out of the pocket and turning a 5 yr loss in to a first down.

We realized we NEEDED and NEW OL and NEW RB, etc.

Yes its true.! If he was on the team last year playing we would have gone to the playoffs but what good is that if we get killed during the playoffs by a real team?

But use facts and be HONEST to your self.. Dont comment on it just think.. Be open mind.. This team went 4-12 not because of him being in jail but because this team was BAD!

By you saying this is all his fault then you are actually admitting to your self and us he was that **** good he being absent cost us the playoffs.. But wait that contradicts you because you say he sucks. If he is so bad then how did he have such an impact? Oh what you say? Because he ruined this team's morale? Thats B.S

No. 5

"ONLY WHEN YOU ARE DOWN, YOU CAN GET UP.

ONLY WHEN WE FAIL WE, CAN SUCCEED.

ONLY WHEN ITS DESTROYED, IT CAN BE REBUILD."

If it wasn't for last year we wouldn't be working harder to get better. We would still be the same old team thinking we were contenders looking for some one to blame when we didn't win.

Be THANKFUL AND STOP WHINING.

"You can create or destroy.

You can be positive or negative"

No. 6

With that out of the way..

I WANT THIS BOARD TO BE BACK TO ITS GLORY DAYS.

Im so tired of all this Garbage i read here day in day out.

People whining, complaining, fake rumors just to get attention, fake and made up sources.

Other team's board members come here to laugh at us.

When you see post like:

"lets trade for Losman"

"trade hall for Quinn"

"retire Brooking please"

All this none sense garbage posted on and on. Are we getting dumber? This board has turned in to a joke.

I want to discuss football.

I want to read facts and strong smart opinions

I want to be informed

I want to encourage you guys not to reply to ignorant post. By doing so you make the topic a Hot topic and it stays on the first page. This allows this topic to be read and replied more and more.

Do you want to research 6 pages just to find a good topic?

LETS TAKE THIS BOARD BACK!

This is probally the best post ive read on here in a long time...well said and i agree. People knew this team wasnt has good as it look..im just sorry it took what happened for all of us to see it.

bigduke633 (3/4/2008)
We were 2 years removed from a superbowl when vick came here so dont throw around how vick saved atlanta.I understand being frustrated with the board but I couldnt read the whole thing.

I never said Vick saved us. He is just a player.

THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT VICK. you needed to read it all but it was too long so you made of it what you liked because you assumed instead of reading

bigduke633 (3/4/2008)
We were 2 years removed from a superbowl when vick came here so dont throw around how vick saved atlanta.I understand being frustrated with the board but I couldnt read the whole thing.

ok thats true but what did we do in the span of those 2 years prior to vicks arrival?? nothing....we sucked to be honest. But even the haters and loves have to agree that vick made atlanta relavent again,i just wish someone could have steered him away from the things he was doing when he first got here.

ukfalc (3/4/2008)
REV.2000 (3/4/2008)
I HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. BUT TAKE THE BOARD BACK ...... HOW? I THINK THAT MOST OF US ARE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS, BUT HOW CAN IT BE DONE WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE MOD's?:)

The mods do have a part to play, but it is also up to the good, sensible posters here to start some decent threads and to get some proper intelligent football discussion going.

The whole Vick issue is what fragmented these boards. Things got too personnal, and it dragged the whole board in to the gutter.

[/quote

The vick issue started a war on the boards for a long time and its about time we all regain some common sense around here, whenever race gets involved which it did its going to get personal real quick.

ukfalc (3/4/2008)
REV.2000 (3/4/2008)

[/quote

The vick issue started a war on the boards for a long time and its about time we all regain some common sense around here, whenever race gets involved which it did its going to get personal real quick.

yea great post. there are many people who state their own mind and and are newbs but there are many people who know about the game, this team, and relevant new sources. either way there are many people who will stick with their team and treat other fans with respect, those are the true members. and i like what you said, you clearly stated your mind and didnt disown or bite anyones head off. thats what we should be all about. while we get to rebuilding our team, lets be better with posting news and being a fan. GO FALCONS

dont worry about the grammer i get your spirit and your point positivity builds special teams and great results negativity ruins and destroys all efforts.

weather its a marriage (i hear so much sarcasm on these boards i bet they use sarcasm in their marriages as well)

on the job negativity ruins the atmosphere

A FOOTBALL TEAM

and lastly a teams fans

if youre not positive about the team why do you come here?

anyways to answer your question i believe that the way to change the board is for all of the positive people to speak up and defend guys like you with hearfelt post and not sit quiet let's fill these boards with positive energy and not be out shined by the negative

Took me 2 minutes to read. Stop bitching. If you are going to post, post about the content of the topic, not it's length.

I'm glad this season is over and all the bandwagon fans are gone with Vick. While I like Vick, the board is more calm. Now if only O.J./Rev. Jesse Jackson could leave.