dwayne robertson trade falls through....

zgotts

New York Daily News is reporting that the Jets deal with Cincy fell through after Robertson couldn't work out a long-term deal. while i don't think he certainly by no means a "must-have" DT, he could be worth a look if we can trade a 4th rounder for him. he's known to be fat and lazy at times, which doesn't really coincide with the type of players theyre bringing in here, but that could just be the way he looks in the 3-4. he could be better in a 4-3 because he wouldn't have to handle two gaps.

i'd still rather see Glenn Dorsey here instead, but this move would be one to consider and would enable us to pick Jake Long at #3 or trade down and take another one of the solid 1st round OT prospects.

i posted him going to cincy for a 4th rounder a week ago, and everyone why we didnt take a look at him..most if not all the members replied back with money money money..he was a former first round pick and he will probably be willing to break the bank, so ill pass on this one..

Fat and lazy if that is true then He will be off TDs list . :cool: I don't know a whole lot about him but if he's lazy , I say take one in the draft , well we are going to , I am picking for the Falcons in Robb4242s Draft this year. I already have a Great(sig) DT with our #3 but I will add one latter that is a LOAD!

They let Grady go BC of him not getting into shape untill the middle of the season. Yeah a lot of people were wondering why we let him go , but they only saw him play at the end of the season. If they go by that and pick him up , they will be in for a BIG disapointment at the first the season.

Draftnut57 (3/4/2008)
Fat and lazy if that is true then He will be off TDs list . :cool: I don't know a whole lot about him but if he's lazy , I say take one in the draft , well we are going to , I am picking for the Falcons in Robb4242s Draft this year. I already have a Great(sig) DT with our #3 but I will add one latter that is a LOAD!

They let Grady go BC of him not getting into shape untill the middle of the season. Yeah a lot of people were wondering why we let him go , but they only saw him play at the end of the season. If they go by that and pick him up , they will be in for a BIG disapointment at the first the season.

I would not buy into the fat and lazy talk concerning Robertson. I think that he is justifiably frustrated with his situation with the Jets. He has been forced to play as a NT in the 3-4. His game is speed and penetration. Do you think that Rod Coleman would have succeeded as a NT? I wonder whether Dwayne is making a trade difficult for the Jets on purpose. With his contract, the Jets will eventually have to dump him and, he would be able to decide which team he will play for. A sly GM would do his homework and quietly work out contract parameters with his agent (through intermediaries).

If a GM can be reasonably sure that Robertson can be added after the draft, then he could go into the draft with a different mindset. I like Dorsey and Ellis a lot , but if Robertson can be added to the roster, we would be able to draft Jake Long or Ryan Clady and still be able to draft a monster like Atayba Rubin (sp) in the second or third rounds. Robertson is a quality DT and his pending situation with the Jets deserves Dimitroff's attention.