03/03...The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly considering making a play for Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons...Hall has been linked to the Cowboys hated division rival the Giants in a possible trade between the two teams involving the Giants first round pick in the 2008 Draft, but the latest reports have the Giants backing away from any such trade...the Cowboys own two first round picks in the upcoming Draft and could trump the Giants offer of a first round pick in return for Hall, if the two got into a bidding war since either one of the Cowboys first round picks are slotted earlier than the Giants pick in the first round...one of the Cowboys biggest needs heading into the offseason was at the Cornerback position and that need became bigger on Sunday when the Texans signed CB Jacques Reeves in free agency...none of the cornerback prospects in the 2008 Draft can compare to Hall in ability and help the Cowboys right away from day one to represent the NFC in next year's Super Bowl...this situation bears watching over the next several weeks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

dirtybirdies98 (3/3/2008)

03/03...The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly considering making a play for Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons...Hall has been linked to the Cowboys hated division rival the Giants in a possible trade between the two teams involving the Giants first round pick in the 2008 Draft, but the latest reports have the Giants backing away from any such trade...the Cowboys own two first round picks in the upcoming Draft and could trump the Giants offer of a first round pick in return for Hall, if the two got into a bidding war since either one of the Cowboys first round picks are slotted earlier than the Giants pick in the first round...one of the Cowboys biggest needs heading into the offseason was at the Cornerback position and that need became bigger on Sunday when the Texans signed CB Jacques Reeves in free agency...none of the cornerback prospects in the 2008 Draft can compare to Hall in ability and help the Cowboys right away from day one to represent the NFC in next year's Super Bowl...this situation bears watching over the next several weeks.

DEJAVU 21 X 2

Link?

This is interesting and what the prognosticators have been pimping since the story broke about Hall not being happy and being shopped.

I have mixed feelings about trading Hall -- he's pretty talented. Not sure if he's top 5, but he is in the top 10 IMO. He's also top 10 in creating noise by talking too much.

In any case, if we trade him -- we need some good draft value.

One stinkin' pick is NOT ENOUGH for D Hall, because we'd have to use that pick on a cornerback. I DO NOT want to start the season with a defensive backfield of Von Hutchins and Chris Houston, backed up by Sanders and Grimes. Dallas would have to give both firsts for D Hall so we could use one on Rogers-Cromartie and the other one would be gravy.

dirtybirdies98 (3/3/2008)
i dont make this stuff up

ok, dirtybirdies98 - you say you are not making it up - i'm inclined to possibly believe you - even still, the "rule of the board" is "trust and verify".......so, just for kicks, go ahead and send us the link, willya?;)

The people that want Hall to leave must not want a Superbowl show. Because without a good Defense...the Falcs arent going anywhere. He's got a big mouth..who cares. That doesnt mean he isnt good. He's MUCH better than what we have. Get your heads out of whatever hole its in.

Tyler D (3/3/2008)
The people that want Hall to leave must not want a Superbowl show. Because without a good Defense...the Falcs arent going anywhere. He's got a big mouth..who cares. That doesnt mean he isnt good. He's MUCH better than what we have. Get your heads out of whatever hole its in.

I didn't want him out. He said he wants out. I say good bye. If he doesn't want to be here don't let the door hit ya on the way out.